“Steeda’s New S550 Drag Racing K-member

Hyper771987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
So I got this bad boy delivered last week, I’m now debating on doing it myself or having a shop do it. Can this be tackled with jackstands or does it have to be done with a lift. Also, did you use an engine support bar or support the engine elsewhere as you dropped the stock K-member.

Thanks !
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So I got this bad boy delivered last week, I’m now debating on doing it myself or having a shop do it. Can this be tackled with jackstands or does it have to be done with a lift. Also, did you use an engine support bar or support the engine elsewhere as you dropped the stock K-member.

Thanks !
Engine support bar, car on jack stands, and you are good to go.

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
I am ready to pull the trigger on the road race version. I hope it is available soon, even if it is a prototype I will take it:-)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I will inquire about where we stand in our development.

TJ

Sponsored

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
Yeah it would be awesome if we could work something out near term, be a good time to do the front sway bar too :-)
20190331_120835.jpg

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
Well I pulled the trigger on the Drag K-member. I will not be using it as intended, so I understand there may be consequences. With that said, the unit looks way more sturdy in person. It is actually pretty well supported in the right areas, with a simple but robust design. The tubing looks to be thick wall and of decent diameter. I was going to weld in gussets and supports, but after looking it over, I think I will run it as is for a few hpd events and inspect it thoroughly. It would be ashame to ruin the nice powdercoat, and the unit as is, was lighter than the pallet it was shipped on. Supporting my belly pan may be a challenge, but I will post pics once I start getting it in place.

Sponsored

Guarded15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
So these S550 Mustangs in factory configuration are incredibly safe cars. This didn't happen by accident, there is a huge amount of engineering that has gone into the structure of the front end to minimize collision loads on the occupants and to prevent structure from penetrating into the passenger compartment. The factory k-member is an integral part of this system, and one can likely assume that it has been designed to distort and fail in very specific ways. I notice there is no disclaimer about offroad use only, so the car still meets federal crash standards with this installed? How well did it perform in your crash testing?
Sponsored