Sponsored

Kona Blue 2019 Bullitt Mustang (Ford Auction for JDRF Charity)

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
UPDATED WITH OFFICIAL DETAILS AND PHOTOS:

FORD IS RAFFLING A ONE-OF-A-KIND KONA BLUE MUSTANG BULLITT TO HELP FIND A CURE FOR JUVENILE DIABETES

konablue-mustangbullitt5.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 17, 2018 – Ford is turning its iconic Dark Highland Green Mustang Bullitt Kona Blue to help benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, and one lucky raffle participant will drive home in this one-of-a-kind Mustang.

Ford is revealing the Kona Blue Mustang Bullitt today at the 2018 Woodward Dream Cruise, where Ford and JDRF start selling up to 60,000 raffle tickets at $10 each. The raffle ends Nov. 9. A winner will be selected Nov. 13.

The JDRF Mustang Bullitt comes with unique gray wheels, and its Kona Blue exterior is carried inside with blue cabin stitching. It features the 2019 Mustang Bullitt’s high-performance add-ons – including the performance-tuned 5.0-liter V8 churning out 480 horsepower for a top-end speed of 163 mph. And like the original one-of-a-kind 1968 Mustang fastback from the classic thriller “Bullitt,” which also is making an appearance at the Woodward Dream Cruise, the newest model features minimal badging, a blacked-out grille and special white cue ball shifter.

The JDRF Kona Blue Mustang Bullitt will be on display starting at 2 p.m. today at the Ford Media Club House at Kruse and Muer, 28028 Woodward Ave., in Royal Oak. It also will be on display Saturday at Mustang Alley, at the intersection of 9 Mile and Woodward Avenue in Ferndale. JDRF raffle tickets are available for purchase at both locations.

Raffle tickets also are available online at www.onecause.com/jdrfbullitt until Nov. 8; online orders end Nov. 9.

Not sure if this is correct or an error in COTUS, but judge for yourselves.
Kona Bullitt.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Kona Bullitt just feels wrong to me. It's DHG or bust.

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID
Yup, that did it. I'm going to call my dealer's parts dept and try to order a Bullitt grille for my Velocity Blue GT that's now in production.

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
http://www.mustangalleyon9.com/
It's actually linked from the Mustang Alley website, charity section.

Over the years Ford has raffled off a couple of different cars at the event for charity.
One year there was a 1of1 Boss302:LS in Gray back in 2012.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1077693_want-to-win-a-custom-2013-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca

The story was told at one of the events that in order to make these cars happen, they have to be in the system to be ordered. After it goes in, the change is made to remove the color/option from the system. I have no doubt this is why way back when people started to see the Bullitt colors in the system, 3 colors were present: DHG, Black, Kona.
This would have been that car.

The draw for this one seems to be in November this year, but I wonder if they'll have the car present at the Alley this year.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Kona Bullitt just feels wrong to me. It's DHG or bust.
It's in keeping with the 3 colors offered for the 2001, which included True Blue.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

bullitt5566

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighning Blue GT350 2010 Blue Flame Raptor 2001 True Blue Bullitt
Love my True Blue Bullitt. I'd bet Kona blue is 1 of 1 for 2019, but will be a standard offering for 2020. Like the Boss 302 Grabber Blue.

Kerninc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
and my lottery budget has been redirected accordingly

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Love my True Blue Bullitt. I'd bet Kona blue is 1 of 1 for 2019, but will be a standard offering for 2020. Like the Boss 302 Grabber Blue.
As much as I loved TB on the package, and kona would look great with all the cues, I VERY highly doubt this.
If they are doing a 1of1 car, don't expect that color to be offered.
This will be the only time you see kona on a Bullitt.

I believe blue and black in 2001 were strictly a marketing strategy on the package to offer choice on the package to be more attractive for people who wanted the car but did not want green. (even if this is the main color that everyone associates with Bullitt).

I believe black, for this reason, was carried into the 2nd and now 3rd gen Bullitt. It's just a convenient explanation that the charger was black.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe blue and black in 2001 were strictly a marketing strategy on the package to offer choice on the package to be more attractive for people who wanted the car but did not want green. (even if this is the main color that everyone associates with Bullitt).
The marketing people were concerned that sales of a niche Mustang in low volumes in a single color would not sell well, based on their past experience. That said, people who have these alternate colors do like them generally.

I also doubt Kona Blue would show up as a regular option next year, but now that at least one has been done, there won't be a manufacturing reason it couldn't be that way.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The marketing people were concerned that sales of a niche Mustang in low volumes in a single color would not sell well, based on their past experience. That said, people who have these alternate colors do like them generally.

I also doubt Kona Blue would show up as a regular option next year, but now that at least one has been done, there won't be a manufacturing reason it couldn't be that way.
The marketing people need to understand color exclusivity drives value and desire. For instance they should have made all 137 2015 GT350s in Wimbledon White like the 65 GT350.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Mods please delete duplicate post

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The marketing people need to understand color exclusivity drives value and desire. For instance they should have made all 137 2015 GT350s in Wimbledon White like the 65 GT350.
I don't disagree with you. That was the thinking at that time back for that first Bullitt. I also had wondered why all the '15 GT350s weren't the same color for that same reason. However, some folks ultimately are less driven by the color exclusivity and buy the cars anyway, which is why I suppose the Marketing people have a point.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
What ever happened to that pair of GT350s (one new, one old) raffle?
Sponsored