Sponsored

2019-2020 Ford Mustang Bullitt Apparel/Merchandise

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I've never seen the paint name anywhere except the window sticker. My Ford touch-up paint only says 'B5', not the name. Sorry, but I believe the window sticker more than you. Ha ha.
It is Bright Highland Green internally and if you look up B5's name on a paint color chart . For marketing, it is known as Dark Highland Green, which is what's shown on the window sticker, etc., as mentioned above.

This information was confirmed to me by the Mustang chief engineer when I interviewed him for my book.
Sponsored

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I assume that bright highland green is their way of referring to DHG w/ clear coat.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume that bright highland green is their way of referring to DHG w/ clear coat.
The Dark Highland Green on the 2001 had clearcoat. The dark green color was reformulated with more blue than yellow tint for 2019 and has the metal flake sparkle which makes it bright. Actually, none of the colors ('01, '08-'09, '19-'20) match the 1968 Highland Green hue exactly.

Last edited:

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The Dark Highland Green on the 2001 had clearcoat. The dark green color was reformulated with more blue than yellow tint for 2019 and has the metal flake sparkle which makes it bright. Actually, none of the colors ('01, '08-'09, '19-'20) match the 1968 Highland Green hue exactly.
Ah, cool! Thanks for the info!

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
For marketing, it is known as Dark Highland Green, which is what's shown on the window sticker, etc., as mentioned above.
Then that's what it is :devil:. Plus your book and your signature say the same thing, so case closed:rockon:.

By the same token, everybody refers to the coronavirus as COVID 19, and not by its 'internal' name of SARS-CoV-2. But some folks just want to be 'different', I guess :).

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then that's what it is :devil:. Plus your book and your signature say the same thing, so case closed:rockon:.

By the same token, everybody refers to the coronavirus as COVID 19, and not by its 'internal' name of SARS-CoV-2. But some folks just want to be 'different', I guess :).
I definitely call it "Dark Highland Green"! :)

Some people call SARS-CoV-2 "the 'Rona" so there you go. Hahaha!