My interview with the owner of the original Bullitt Mustang

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Last week I got to sit down with Sean Kiernan, owner of the original Bullitt Mustang and talk a little about the car and it's history, as well as talking about our 2019 Bullitt orders (Sean is getting car #2!). It was really cool for me personally, having read the Brad Bowling articles several times over the past 20 years and always wondering where this car was hidden. Hope everyone enjoys!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good video Matt, thank you.

RCrumb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Tech Pkg
Yea well done Matt. I'm impressed with how long he sat and chatted.

Cheers

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yea well done Matt. I'm impressed with how long he sat and chatted.

Cheers
We were chatting for a while before this too, he's a really friendly guy.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Fantastic interview, Matt :)

I just love the fact Sean is a Mustang enthusiast and he knows how important this car is for us.

I'll tell you something though, when he brings that car home to the farm........if it were me, I'd be sleeping with it, as I wouldn't want to leave it out of my sight for a second!

Perhaps I'll offer my services as the car's personal security guard :D

Sponsored

STangfan44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Always like hearing him talk about the car. I learned some things I didn't know, so great interview.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I felt like I totally related to what he was saying about cars being part of the family. When I totalled my Mach1 it felt like I lost a close friend, or a long term pet, or was going through a breakup. I was SO depressed and honestly see it almost as bad as then a relationship of 7yrs ended. Maybe it was that I bought the car to help cheer myself up after that ended and it had been with me ever since.

STangfan44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
yeah, when I traded in my 11 to get my 17 I felt as though I was betraying it, lol. We do tend to bond with the cars.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I felt like I totally related to what he was saying about cars being part of the family. When I totalled my Mach1 it felt like I lost a close friend, or a long term pet, or was going through a breakup. I was SO depressed and honestly see it almost as bad as then a relationship of 7yrs ended. Maybe it was that I bought the car to help cheer myself up after that ended and it had been with me ever since.
Yeah I know what you mean. Now that I'll finally be in a position where I can keep a car forever, I plan to bond with the Bullitt even more than with the cars I've had in the past. There's some cool stuff in the works with my Bullitt that'll help with that too. You guys will see what I mean in the not-too-distant future. :)

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Yeah I know what you mean. Now that I'll finally be in a position where I can keep a car forever, I plan to bond with the Bullitt even more than with the cars I've had in the past. There's some cool stuff in the works with my Bullitt that'll help with that too. You guys will see what I mean in the not-too-distant future. :)
Same here. This is going to be a special car for me, not a daily driver, but to be enjoyed on roads it was meant to be driven on, and there are lots around here.

My last "special" car was a new 1980 BMW 320i. I was a young lad, and it cost me 1.5 times my income, but it was special. Back then, when you passed another BMW on the highway, you flashed each other, and even in the city, you had a 50/50 chance of getting flashed. Unlike today when they are "belly buttons" (everybody has one).

Buying the Bullitt is also taking back to my car roots. My first car being a 1977 Chev. Camaro, with a 305 CID. Back to a 5 litre V8.

So the Bullitt is combing basically my first two cars into one very special one.

It will not be a daily driver, but will be driven to be enjoyed, and there are many magnificent roads around here to enjoy the car on! Already building my list!

Just hope I get it early enough to get some good drives out of it before the winter arrives.

Cheers

Sponsored

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Great interview, Matt. Would love to meet Sean and the car someday at one of the auto museum tours he mentioned. Sounds like a great bullitt road trip!

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
Very cool interview, great to hear the story of Bullitt and Sean's Dad and family. Can't wait to see it someday in person.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
Thanks for posting the interview. I can relate to keeping cars. The "68Cougar" in my username is in reference to my first car, which I still have. I couldn't afford a Highland Green, 4 speed, FE powered '68 Mustang fastback as a 15 year old , so I ended up with an Augusta Green (same color) '68 Cougar with a 289 and converted it to a 4-speed. I'm currently trying to get it back on the road after sitting in the shed for the last 15 years. The big block will have to wait a few more years yet, as that money will hopefully be going to a '19 or '20 Bullitt. With any luck I'll be able to keep my '08, too, which is the only Mustang I've ever purchased new.

boomee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanting a Bullitt
Awesome interview Matt you gotta let people know when your on dc vs area again

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The smile on your face says it all Matt..!
Sponsored