Sponsored

Wrenching on the S550

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
every mod ive done has been a PITA on this car compared to my G35.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
if you are lowering it, you have to really bang those front strut to steering knuckle bolts out.

the rear springs are a pita because u have to apply pressure to the rear LCA. i wedged a damn floor jack between the body and rear arm to insert the spring.

the half moon pieces on the steeda RR subframe inserts were a pain to get in.

the front k brace has a hole tolerance stack up that requires you to pry a bit for one fothe front holes.

You can only use 23mm+ sized spacers on the PP wheels. I ordered 15, 20s, then found out i needed 25.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
if you get steeda RR strut mounts make sure the specialized nut is the correct thread pitch for your shocks. there was a mixed batch. hopefully i dont have any issues with my lund tune whenever i drive out this 89 octane gas.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Can you explain one or two so I know how to approach them if it’s a mod I do
Spring replacement was kind of a pill if you have only basic spring compressors. Mine would only work if I used them intermittently and clocked the alternate compressor clamp to get around the strut perch. Granted my compressor kit was 20 years old but that was the first time I'd had that problem in six vehicles. A bench type compressor would probably not have an issue which is why I bought one right after my spring swap.

All the other spring components gave me little or no problems. Everything is way heavy as sht, but accessible.

OP
OP

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
[MENTION=25160]JKL1031[/MENTION] & [MENTION=24023]FranzVonHoffer[/MENTION], thanks and I’ll keep that in mind as I have considered springs. I have a question regarding springs, can I get and/or is it worth doing a 1/2” drop. I ask because I’m running 20” wheels and I’m thinking any more than that would make it look too low for my liking.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
[MENTION=25160]JKL1031[/MENTION] & [MENTION=24023]FranzVonHoffer[/MENTION], thanks and I’ll keep that in mind as I have considered springs. I have a question regarding springs, can I get and/or is it worth doing a 1/2” drop. I ask because I’m running 20” wheels and I’m thinking any more than that would make it look too low for my liking.
Your drop is purely subjective. 1/2 seems so little as to be hardly worth the effort to my taste. However my 1.5" drop took the wheel gap out so I like the look but it did affect drivability. I have to really watch my chin splitter entering or exiting driveways typically to the consternation of other drivers wondering why I'm pulling in and out of driveways so slow.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Install headers. You will speak in strange vibrant tongues you never knew existed. :lol: At least you won't have to bend or bash in a tube like you may have had to during days of old.
I heard there's this "one bolt"... and you will use every attachment in your box to get to it.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I heard there's this "one bolt"... and you will use every attachment in your box to get to it.

Yes, front passenger side if I remember right. It's very close to the AC hose and one slightly wrong push and you're going to be running for cover from a freon bomb lol.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Yes, front passenger side if I remember right. It's very close to the AC hose and one slightly wrong push and you're going to be running for cover from a freon bomb lol.
Reminds me of BMW's "invisible" nut on the alternator. Unless you knew the exact approach to unseat the alternator you would scratch your head for hours looking for an extra nut.

OP
OP

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
WOW!!!!....I’m jelly, didn’t realize it was a big block. Very nice, gotta sound amazing, what kinda music does it play out the back. Smooth as glass. Love the towels, doing it right
Sponsored