Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
These don't come with o2 extensions?
lol, they do, but since they are all about the LSx community, they didn't think that us Ford folks use different connectors. lol

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
These don't come with o2 extensions?

They came with extensions meant for use on the rear O2 sensors. Not that I would have used them anyway, I hate those things. Much better to use the factory connections.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Grimace427,
How long did it take you from putting it up on the lift to taking it off the lift?

Arrived at the shop around 8:15, let the engine cool until about 8:45, left around 5:30. Stopped a few times to eat. Danielle went to a parts store to get the extra clamps that were missing. I had the factory headers out by about 11am. Didn't run into any issues until installing the fake cats. I spent about 45 minutes extending the O2 sensor wiring, the insulation was a bitch to strip, very waxy exterior. If I were to do it again I could have probably finished by 3pm.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
They came with extensions meant for use on the rear O2 sensors. Not that I would have used them anyway, I hate those things. Much better to use the factory connections.
lol, shows how much attention I was paying

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I heard Texas Speed is taking notes submitted from installers in order to improve fitment and quality of these headers. Maybe someone will inform them of the issue with running E85 with these?

I'll probably pick these up for install in the "winter".

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
I just got a set installed on my car didn't feel like messing with the install in this Texas heat. Ran into a couple issues and passed it on to Texas Speed.

-Shipment packaging is lacking the gaskets they sent were crushed in shipment (2 1/2 hours from Austin to Houston.)

-Two of the clamps were missing.

-O2 extensions that were sent with the exhaust were for a GT500 style connectors

-The headers fit great however the mid pipes pushed the exhaust back 3"

They sound great and and I am pretty happy with them so far. My car is at Boostworks having some other work done and they are going to double check the install and fabricate if necessary.

Already passed this information on to Texas Speed.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I just got a set installed on my car didn't feel like messing with the install in this Texas heat. Ran into a couple issues and passed it on to Texas Speed.

-Shipment packaging is lacking the gaskets they sent were crushed in shipment (2 1/2 hours from Austin to Houston.)

-Two of the clamps were missing.

-O2 extensions that were sent with the exhaust were for a GT500 style connectors

-The headers fit great however the mid pipes pushed the exhaust back 3"

They sound great and and I am pretty happy with them so far. My car is at Boostworks having some other work done and they are going to double check the install and fabricate if necessary.

Already passed this information on to Texas Speed.
Are you in Houston? I'll probably have Scott do mine when i get them.

Sponsored

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Thought that was you. He did my MGW install.

2L8IWON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey guys finally made it back online. Thanks for the email from M6G.:thumbsup:

The fitment and craftsmanship of the Texas Speed headers was excellent. Very minor massaging of the fake cats to get them to slide all the way onto the collectors. The headers themselves were just as good as any others I've seen with perfectly fitting flanges and hardware and decent looking spike merge in the collector(that I honestly don't know much about). Only issue was that two clamps were missing and I needed to extend the wiring harness on the passenger front O2 sensor.
Hey bud, I am curious if you experienced any issues with the headers pushing the overall exhaust back like JadedGT has seen.

I have Corsa Sports and am looking for a reasonable set of LTs for my set up. Your review in regard to quality gets one thumbs up, the overall fit would earn my second thumbs up.

Thanks for your time

Jesse

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I just plugged my rears off. My 13 the front O2s reached easily why they did the passenger side O2 plug location different than the drivers side is beyond me.

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
Just in case anyone was curious what extending the O2 sensor wiring looked like.

And I took a shot of the spike merge collector, can't tell much.

[/QUOTE
Would you recommend o2 extension cables ( bbk sell the the extensions for 50 bucks) or is better/easier do what you did amd makei it myself, i mean wich one will be safer for the car, not sure if i will get a good reading with the extension cables. Thanks sir
Sponsored