Sponsored

GT350R and parts...

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
I get that the splitter and carbon fiber wheels are all part of what make the R so special. With that said, would your or has anyone taken off the R splitter in favor of saving it and installed the regular splitter? Same thing with the wheels?

This wouldn’t be a daily driver but it would make me sick to damage either of those components driving around town.

Is the R just too much to drive on the street and not strictly the track? I’m thinking the regular GT350 would be better suited for weekend driving on the streets.
Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Just a guess on my part, but I would think the cost of buying a GT350 front splitter to save a GT350R splitter from damage makes little sense. Not to mention the time and effort to uninstall and reinstall.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Look, I'm really not all about saving the pu*sy for the next guy but if I had an R, I'd be saving the carbon wheels for the track and autocross and a set of aluminum wheels for the street. I'd keep the splitter on because it's a pain in the rear to futz with. If you're not tracking though and are just street driving it, maybe a base car is more your flavor to be honest. But if you want an R and can get one no one's stopping you. But that's my dual pennies.

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Just a guess on my part, but I would think the cost of buying a GT350 front splitter to save a GT350R splitter from damage makes little sense. Not to mention the time and effort to uninstall and reinstall.
I thought I read in a previous thread the r splitter is like 6k vs the regular at 1500?

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Look, I'm really not all about saving the pu*sy for the next guy but if I had an R, I'd be saving the carbon wheels for the track and autocross and a set of aluminum wheels for the street. I'd keep the splitter on because it's a pain in the rear to futz with. If you're not tracking though and are just street driving it, maybe a base car is more your flavor to be honest. But if you want an R and can get one no one's stopping you. But that's my dual pennies.
I wasn’t considering an R at all until I stumbled on one relatively local to me.

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I thought I read in a previous thread the r splitter is like 6k vs the regular at 1500?
If they cost that much I'll give you a deal on my splitter.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There was a group buy a little while ago for $900. They have gone up but not that much. The standard splitter is like $300

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
There was a group buy a little while ago for $900. They have gone up but not that much. The standard splitter is like $300
That’s not bad at all. I suppose st that cost you can sacrifice a couple at no big cost

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Look, I'm really not all about saving the pu*sy for the next guy but if I had an R, I'd be saving the carbon wheels for the track and autocross and a set of aluminum wheels for the street. .
I am opposite, my R wheels are for street. bought a set of track wheels to beat on. track wheels are consumable, they jump curbs, racing brake pads also deposit nasty crap on wheels.....

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Ford...GT350R OEM Splitter is going for $2200 at my local Dealer... and that’s with a commercial account discount ...:shocked

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I get that the splitter and carbon fiber wheels are all part of what make the R so special. With that said, would your or has anyone taken off the R splitter in favor of saving it and installed the regular splitter? Same thing with the wheels?

This wouldn’t be a daily driver but it would make me sick to damage either of those components driving around town.

Is the R just too much to drive on the street and not strictly the track? I’m thinking the regular GT350 would be better suited for weekend driving on the streets.
I agree with how you worded your statement for your use, GT350. I wanted more track prowess without mods. Take splitter or wheels off? F!@# NO! I tried spare wheels and sold them a week later. The wheel weight savings is one thing, the over feel and suspension response as a result of the reduced weight is AMAZING!

Last edited:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I had planned on taking my carbon wheels off, but I've come to view them as such an integral part of the car. Wheels are going to get some degree of wear regardless of whether they're on the street or on the track. Street price on the carbons is about $2300 now. High quality lightweight aluminum wheels are still going to be over $1k a wheel. That's not enough of a difference to me to have a whole second set of wheels and not be able to simply enjoy the R for what it is.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You can find the R splitter for under 1k. If tearing it up is a major concern you can buy an aftermarket clone and run that. I just bought a new R splitter for 800. Just like everything else unique to the R the aftermarket has cloned it and sells a cheaper knock off. Wheels, wing, splitter.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
7k miles on the street with my CF wheels - no problems...from the street.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I am opposite, my R wheels are for street. bought a set of track wheels to beat on. track wheels are consumable, they jump curbs, racing brake pads also deposit nasty crap on wheels.....
While that's a totally fair point I just wouldn't be able to resist. I know, kinda bass wackwards.
Sponsored