Sponsored

Base model 2016 GT350

meltedcactus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Passat
I was just curious if anyone has ordered a base model GT350. (No track or tech package.) I am looking at doing the base GT350 as it is near the top of my budget. I'm concerned I would regret not getting the track package, but am really curious to hear other peoples opinions and thoughts. I'm also concerned if I go to sell it years down the road it may not be as appealing to potential buyers. I was looking at a loaded 5.0 GT with PP, but the noise the 5.2L makes has me really wanting a GT350.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There's a poll stickied above that shows % of the various options of what people are saying they are ordering.

I ordered base + tech.
My reasoning:
-I know the Recaros will be too narrow and uncomfortable for me.
-I want Magneride as the car will be a daily driver.
-I'm not worried about additional coolers, so I don't feel the track package is necessary for me. I've had my base GT at the track and it was fine. I'm assuming the GT350 will be more track capable than my base GT, even without the track package.

I think if I were a smaller person and knew I would like the Recaros, I probably would have gotten the base as well. I hope this helps you decide!

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I'm not going to track mine so I got a base. I've got the recaro seats in the boss and I want them in the base model.

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I was going to get a base originally because I'm mainly autocross/nice weather DD but there has been a resurgence at the Milwaukee Mile and Road America has been getting really exciting recently.

Last edited:

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I would either wait and save up more and get what you really want or get the base if thats all you can afford. No reason to spend more than you should because you are worried about resale down the road. Of course the track to tech package will be worth more...because you spent more in the beginning.

Looking at the e46 m3's, some of the more valuable cars don't have the sunroof and have the cloth seats. This shows that sometime the barebones cars can hold their value very well.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Base model on order. I will only DD seasonally in nice weather and would like to get into some autocross or road course tracking for some fun. I do want magneride but in my mind I can't justify the cost of the track or tech package.

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I ordered a base car, I just could not justify spending $6k plus for magneride. That was the only option I really wanted. I do not like the small tech screen on the base/track but would not get the car without the Recaros. So, for me, the base was the right car.

Frankly, my plan is to drive the car as much as possible. It will be a DD and I will never track the car. I will sell the car within 30 months in all likelihood.

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
I wavered back and forth a bit. But ended up adding the tech package for the magneride and the larger touch screen.

The extra cost put it almost out of range, but the long wait is allowing time to save for a larger down payment.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
I have my name down at the dealer for a 2017 base. I can't justify $6500 just for MRC, which is really the only thing I would want.

I hope there is a decent review of the base model, but I feel like everything that will be tested will be a tech or track pack.

Sb31767

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350r w electronics. DIB w White Stripes
The base car is for those that want to full convert to a race car. You would change all the suspension and aero anyway so other options a waste

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wavered back and forth a bit. But ended up adding the tech package for the magneride and the larger touch screen.

The extra cost put it almost out of range, but the long wait is allowing time to save for a larger down payment.
That's pretty much where my head is at. I was so close to buying a base but I felt like I was settling. Did the Track Pack which was the absolute absolute top end of what I wanted to spend but I feel 100% better about it. I'm good with waiting to keep on building up my down payment.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I was going to get the base, but my wife and I drove a premium GT and she really liked the heated/cooled seats. I also liked what I read about the magneride. So to get this purchase "approved" I had to add the tech pack. :) ;)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've ordered a '16 base through MAS for just under 48K. I was on the fence about the tech pack, but ultimately settled to save 7.5K. I've never driven w/ Magneride so I won't know what I'm missing out on (main feature I wanted), don't care for sat nav/SYNC 3, and I prefer the recaro seats vs. heated/cooled leather. I don't plan on modifying it much and I'd rather do less damage to my budget now vs. worry about resale value down the road. It's going to be a badass car regardless of how I spec it. Just my thoughts.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Congrats on your GT350 and thanks for your service. All of that performance and flat plane crank sound for $48k is awesome.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
For my use case, the base is where it's at...occasionally driven collector with periodic autocross or HPDE. The lower cost of entry is appealing.
Sponsored