Sponsored

PHOTO HEAVY: First Production 2019 Bullitt in Cincinnati, OH, Area

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
I love the angle of this picture, when you scroll past it it looks like the camera is actually turning:

attachment.jpg
My heart sank when I saw this grille up close at the FoSMC car show in June. For some reason, on the left and right sides of the grille, the honey comb has a back. This is going to be a pain to clean. I wish they would have left them all open so there weren't corners to collect dirt.

Between the grille and the engine bay with no covers over anything, this is going to be one time consuming car to detail. :first:
Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
My heart sank when I saw this grille up close at the FoSMC car show in June. For some reason, on the left and right sides of the grille, the honey comb has a back. This is going to be a pain to clean. I wish they would have left them all open so there weren't corners to collect dirt.

Between the grille and the engine bay with no covers over anything, this is going to be one time consuming car to detail. :first:
They do this for fuel economy. These aren't race engines that require NACA ducts and such to cool them. Having more of the front open actually kills fuel economy which then leads to gas guzzler taxes and scary numbers on window stickers that scare people away from cars like these. Ford figures that the small % of enthusiasts that actually care about having an open grill and don't care about fuel economy will just buy a different grill or use a dremmel to remove the backing.

mmarfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
When are you going to sign for it Tony? Add to the collection!

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
They do this for fuel economy. These aren't race engines that require NACA ducts and such to cool them. Having more of the front open actually kills fuel economy which then leads to gas guzzler taxes and scary numbers on window stickers that scare people away from cars like these. Ford figures that the small % of enthusiasts that actually care about having an open grill and don't care about fuel economy will just buy a different grill or use a dremmel to remove the backing.
Interesting it would make that much difference. Good to know! I guess as I Q-Tip the grille I'll try to remember all the gas money I saved while collecting bugs and dirt!

Deleted member 35644

Is it possible that I passed one of these in traffic last week? It was the first S550 I'd ever seen with chrome window trim and it didn't even register what saw until I looked at these pictures.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Is it possible that I passed one of these in traffic last week? It was the first S550 I'd ever seen with chrome window trim and it didn't even register what saw until I looked at these pictures.
With them arriving at dealerships it's possible, but the Pony Package introduced on the 2017+ Ecoboosts also has the chrome window trim.

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
The window trim is also available in the after-market. Comes from China, but appears to be a quality product.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Moses Ford in St Albans WV has Bullitt number 490 :headbang:

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt

Between the grille and the engine bay with no covers over anything, this is going to be one time consuming car to detail...

The good thing about a Bullitt......the rattier it is, the more authentic it looks.

Wash it three times a year and leave the Q tips alone :).

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
When are you going to sign for it Tony? Add to the collection!
I've got one on order from a dealer in MI at MSRP. I had a hard time finding a local dealer with allocation at the time I was ordering. Hopefully will have it by mid-August.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The good thing about a Bullitt......the rattier it is, the more authentic it looks.

Wash it three times a year and leave the Q tips alone :).
"Patina"

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder what the dealer mark up will be.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Yup.

Those who are up with the history of the movie will be aware that the studio scrubbed the cars with scotch-brite pads to dull down the shine. Another fun fact, the CA rego was VVE590 not JJZ109. If I didn't already have vanity plates ready for my car, I'd go with VVE590 (I've checked, they're available :)). Edit: You know all this of course, since you’ve written a Bullitt book :).

Bullitt_03_1500_crop_light.jpg

Last edited:

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Lol, where was that level of QC when the rest of the cars were built...

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Love the new speaker grill on the dash for the new sound system.
Agreed! Better looking and easier to clean than the current one.
Sponsored

Last edited: