Sponsored

WARRANTY BEWARE

mpd3244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Performance Package, Ruby Red
Beware,
This is coming from a salesman and service tech at a local high volume dealer. Ford, in March 2017, released an updated policy and said that ANY addition to the engine or drive-train that was NOT a Ford part and was NOT installed by a Ford tech WILL void your warranty. How do I know? I have a CAI and a Boomba BOV adapter, and my well maintained ecoboost blew the engine with only 24k miles on it. (before you ask, NO, I was not driving it hard). The BOV adapter doesn't change anything about the way the factory BOV works. It simply creates the signature swoosh sound most turbo drivers enjoy.

Ford denied warranty and said the two parts listed above led to engine failure, which is complete and utter BS.

So, I am still trying to work with them to get my engine replaced, but it doesn't look good for me. If they refuse to fix it under warranty, I do want to invest in an engine that I can truly boost. Any suggestions for a powerplant that'll match up to the auto trans ecoboost?

Thanks...
Sponsored

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Yep, pretty much common knowledge which is why i am not messing with CAI and tune this time around and just going with a whipple.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
That's been the main part of the warranty since warranties were invented. It still depends on the service manager or dealership. Or if it gets looked at by a Ford service rep.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ford knows damn well the Ecoboom explode without aftermarket parts too. They need to own their poor engineering

All you have to do is Google Ecoboost engine failures

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Yeah... Go check out SRTMUSH on youtube. although he as a Hellcat and not a Mustang, his blower bearings went out and all he had as a CAI, and he had to FIGHT to get them to replace it.

I still believe the only reason they did was because of his channel. And I have to say, that was why I didn't go Dodge. Not just his story but a LOT of people had issues that clearly under warranty but they all had to fight.

I know all makes have issues and you're right that sometimes it's a dealer thing but with all the Fords I have owned (8 new ones anyway) I never had to fight to get warranty work done... but once. And 3 trips to the dealer and 2 phone calls and all was right with the world. Maybe I was lucky? Hope it holds out :D

Sponsored

5-0 in a 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium M6
Doesn't the Magnuson-Moss Act come into effect here?

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Doesn't the Magnuson-Moss Act come into effect here?
yes but your stuck without a car while you fight to get them to cover it and their pockets are much deeper than yours.

that is the problem with corporate America they know they can fight where the little guy cant.

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
was your car tuned? That would be a factor for sure.

Also like others have said it also depends on the dealer. One dealer might say no, another 5 miles down the road may say yes. It sucks thats the case with the dealerships, but it is what it is.

My suggestion to you is to call some random local ford dealers, tell them your engine blew, as about repairs, warranty, etc... feel it out and see how they act. Don't even mention your car is at a dealership now, for all they know its sitting in your driveway.

5-0 in a 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium M6
was your car tuned? That would be a factor for sure.

Also like others have said it also depends on the dealer. One dealer might say no, another 5 miles down the road may say yes. It sucks thats the case with the dealerships, but it is what it is.

My suggestion to you is to call some random local ford dealers, tell them your engine blew, as about repairs, warranty, etc... feel it out and see how they act. Don't even mention your car is at a dealership now, for all they know its sitting in your driveway.
That would be my concern as well? Can't Dealerships tell you've tuned your car even if you revert back to the factory tune?

Sponsored

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
That would be my concern as well? Can't Dealerships tell you've tuned your car even if you revert back to the factory tune?
They should be able to tell how many times you made changes to the ECU.

If the car wasn't tuned just put oem parts back on before you take it in next time OP...

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Car took 5.2 to do the 0-60 today...UNLEASHED TUNE. The power out of the hole is amazing!! It pulls VERY hard and chirps 2nd, sometimes 3rd.

Buy this tune. You won't find anyone as responsive to your questions as Torrie is.

Unleashed for Life!

The warranty denial has to do with your Unleashed tune and not your CAI and BOV adapter.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Can you get an email from the dealer showing why it was denied and post it here? I would suggest opening a case with the Ford reps on M6G to start the ball rolling on the corporate level. You should in no way be denied for a CAI as long as it is installed correctly. Can't comment on the BOV but it doesn't sound like it is capable of blowing an engine.

Never-mind, someone says you have a tune. Is that correct?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna sweat us for small mods...

Yet these assholes put line locks and launch control on the cars from the factory.

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The warranty denial has to do with your Unleashed tune and not your CAI and BOV adapter.
annnddd theres the kicker.

Looking at OPs prior comments, he had an unleashed tune.

This is 100% warranty voidable and you aren't going to get much from ford.
Sponsored