Sponsored

Procharger Intake Manifold Shootout!!

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
well if anyone has one off the car, i can email you a shipping lable for overnight shipping. then i can turn around and ship it back overnight if that helps any. :cheers:
pm sent

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Im surprised some of the vendors dont get in on this...definately would promote sales if a piece is determined the best route to go. Looks like a very good independant test to me.
Ha,

You should have seen the backlash I got about my "intercooler junk" video. LOL. My word did my PM box fill up with hate.

Some people don't like the truth sometimes.

NOTE: I am almost done with "part 2" of that video. :) Oh some feelings are going to be crushed. LOL.

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Isnt there an argument to be made that without proper tuning on each intake you cant really make a fair judgement?

Take it to an extreme (and simple) example...

Your tune VCT settings allow a maximum of say 1000cfm through the cylinder
The 11-14 manifold flows a maximum of 1100 cfm
The 15+ manifold flows a maximum of 1300cfm

If you run either manifold on that tune, they will perform identical, the motor cannot flow the airflow potential of either.

However, if you tuned the VCT so that there is more duration and now the motor flows 1250 CFM, you would see a MARKED difference between the two manifolds, with the 15+ crushing the power output of the 11-14 manifold.

Thoughts?

this is true. here was my thoughts on it. the biggest factor is shear time. it would take me 3X more time if i have to bracket cams to find the sweet spot of each intake. my thought on it was while cam timing will optimize the power for sure. the overall goal here was to show your the overall curves and airflow changes of each one. i REALLY dont think VCT will have that much effect on the overall intakes.

pm sent

replied!!!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
this is true. here was my thoughts on it. the biggest factor is shear time. it would take me 3X more time if i have to bracket cams to find the sweet spot of each intake. my thought on it was while cam timing will optimize the power for sure. the overall goal here was to show your the overall curves and airflow changes of each one. i REALLY dont think VCT will have that much effect on the overall intakes.
Not to mention the focus of this swap I am sure is looking at 6,000+ rpm.

And we all know not much MAGIC happens with the cams above say 4,500.
They pretty much stay put when you have a dailed in combo.

You got this... :)
And even if the cams were dead locked from start to finish this test will still answer many questions.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I like my GT350 intake...gets the job done and looks factory under the hood...cause it is lol.

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
:popcorn:

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

so as expected tq loss down low and hp gain up top. I'm willing to bet there is some more power here with cam timing as said. might come back to this one later ;)

swapping the other intake now :)

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Flat spot gone from 6500 to 7k! Tuning would take the graph up and to the right the whole time!! The restriction in the stock manifold is plain as day between the two up top! Hope you get a Boss would love to see what my gains might be since my swap. Haven't hit the dyno yet...

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Awesome info! Thanks for posting and taking the time.

Also, P1SC on pump gas and methanol @15psi, very nice. I am thinking about adding methanol to my setup for some extra timing wastegated @12psi. Nice to see someone else running meth and high boost on pump gas.

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome info! Thanks for posting and taking the time.

Also, P1SC on pump gas and methanol @15psi, very nice. I am thinking about adding methanol to my setup for some extra timing wastegated @12psi. Nice to see someone else running meth and high boost on pump gas.

this combo has worked well for me. it has made 720 turned up on the stock intake so i cant wait to see what it does turned up on the sheetmetal intake. (the one i plan on leaving on). it will take 21-22 deg at the track without much effort. sure it doesn't make as much as E85 but i cant get it in this area unfortunitly. it is EVERYWHERE in FL BUT here. lol

more graphs uploading now:cheers:

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok so first up i swapped on the holley sheetmetal one.

here is the "race" intake VS the regular sheetmetal intake.

you can see where the plenum volume has its effect here

this is stock vs race vs regular

and finally since im out of intakes till tomorrow, i swapped on the MAK stage 2 inlet. this thing NEVER stops impressing me. just knock down solid gains. :headbang:

same thing as before. tune was never touched. just pull, swap, pull

stock vs regular vs mak
Sponsored