Sponsored

Lund Racing Flex Fuel Tunes now available!!!

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, 1.0 lambda for e85 is like 9.75 or something close.

edit: i'm monitoring %alch, alch_learn (i dont even know if that pid works or not), bank1sensor1 wideband lambda, bank2sensor1 wideband lambda, knockr, and spark
alch_learn DOES work. I use it to know when the car has adjusted. It will be a 0 when learning, and changes to a 1 when it is finished.
Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
alch_learn DOES work. I use it to know when the car has adjusted. It will be a 0 when learning, and changes to a 1 when it is finished.
so whats the purpose of it then if its just going read 1 once learned? i never had alch_pct until i flashed the tune

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
so whats the purpose of it then if its just going read 1 once learned? i never had alch_pct until i flashed the tune
SMH... That's the point, once it reads 1 it lets you know it has learned the fuel and it's safe to go WOT... What else is it supposed to do. Don't need every PID to have bouncing numbers, otherwise watch voltage or something.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SMH... That's the point, once it reads 1 it lets you know it has learned the fuel and it's safe to go WOT... What else is it supposed to do. Don't need every PID to have bouncing numbers, otherwise watch voltage or something.
:doh: i know the fuel is learned when my a/f gauge tells me. i didnt know the point of the PID no need to be a dick about it

Sponsored

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:doh: i know the fuel is learned when my a/f gauge tells me. i didnt know the point of the PID no need to be a dick about it
Point of the PID was early on, they had fools asking how they would know when it was learned because they could not wait the 15 minutes or so before it was learned, like Lund told them to do.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP

Don't ask stupid shit...your a/f ratio is changing up until the indicator jumps to 1 or "learned" fyi..so if your running a flex tune and using e85 and not allowing the car to adjust or learn prior going WOT..your doing wrong. P.S. lambda doesn't change regardless of fuel pry better to monitor that than your afr gauge IMHO.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't ask stupid shit...your a/f ratio is changing up until the indicator jumps to 1 or "learned" fyi..so if your running a flex tune and using e85 and not allow the car to adjust or learn prior going WOT..your doing wrong. P.S. lambda doesn't change regardless of fuel pry better to monitor that than your afr gauge IMHO.
cool story bro

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Point of the PID was early on, they had fools asking how they would know when it was learned because they could not wait the 15 minutes or so before it was learned, like Lund told them to do.
thanks, i had watched a few vids on youtube where they had a mustang on the rollers and you could see the a/f drop as the ecu learned. i imagine there where some guys romping on the car after fill up, i was told by lund to watch the a/f and drive it for a bit

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just loaded the FF tune today, man what a difference! what are you ngauge guys monitoring? the factory a/f gauge reads 10-10.5 at idle, im guessing thats normal?
Factory A/F is gonna read different depending on your percentage of alcohol. I've got my gauge setup like my friends. Monitoring RPM's since factory gauge sucks towards top end to read, spark, alky %, Lambda, ECT's and knockr. Knockr will tell you if it is pulling timing of it goes positive or adding if it goes negative.

Sponsored

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Factory A/F is gonna read different depending on your percentage of alcohol. I've got my gauge setup like my friends. Monitoring RPM's since factory gauge sucks towards top end to read, spark, alky %, Lambda, ECT's and knockr. Knockr will tell you if it is pulling timing of it goes positive or adding if it goes negative.
Haha I tried to help old boy, however my story was cool. FML..this is similar to to other thread where the poster had car tuned for mods he didn't have..and car was surging and bucking. He was certain the tuner sucked and Ford built pieces of shit...however he was just a complete idiot. No offence OP but I try to help people on forums all day so I occasionally get sparky. My bad.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
General comment applicable to all chat boards. No need for people to be belligerent ... not everyone is as knowledgeable as some, and those more knowledgeable will be more respected if they help out without being belligerent to the unknowing. Everyone didn't know shit at sometime in their life ... learning happens every day.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
General comment applicable to all chat boards. No need for people to be belligerent ... not everyone is as knowledgeable as some, and those more knowledgeable will be more respected if they help out without being belligerent to the unknowing. Everyone didn't know shit at sometime in their life ... learning happens every day.
Point taken guy..I apologized for being snarky.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
just loaded the FF tune today, man what a difference! what are you ngauge guys monitoring? the factory a/f gauge reads 10-10.5 at idle, im guessing thats normal?
We're any other parts needed to get the alcohol % or was is it somehow piggybacking off OEM hardware?
Sponsored