#1 In the game as usual!
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I’d be truly impressed if they can really pull of 750 whp on 91 octane like they imply.
Well, technically they didn't imply 91 octane. That 6lbs of boost may have come with some serious timing since they were using E85. I would expect 91 would pull a lower number. Then again, these new Coyotes are making some interesting numbers.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Oh my god, that is insane, regardless of how long it's going to last.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Well, technically they didn't imply 91 octane. That 6lbs of boost may have come with some serious timing since they were using E85. I would expect 91 would pull a lower number. Then again, these new Coyotes are making some interesting numbers.
Well Chris specifically asked if he could get 650-750 whp on 91 octane and they replied back “easily”. Is the answer they gave him a lie or the truth?

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well Chris specifically asked if he could get 650-750 whp on 91 octane and they replied back “easily”. Is the answer they gave him a lie or the truth?
The turbos will supply enough air to easily make 750. As far as fuel quality, you will see that will differ literally day to day depending on the station etc. The computer in this car monitors knock exactly, and will add timing if needed to make peak power. If you run into a poor quality fuel, it will pull timing, if you have a higher quality tank, it can add timing and actually make more power.

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The turbos will supply enough air to easily make 750. As far as fuel quality, you will see that will differ literally day to day depending on the station etc. The computer in this car monitors knock exactly, and will add timing if needed to make peak power. If you run into a poor quality fuel, it will pull timing, if you have a higher quality tank, it can add timing and actually make more power.
Yeah that makes total sense to me, but when a guy asks if he can get 750 whp on 91 octane with your stuff, don’t just say “hell yeah” to make the sale. It misleading if you ignore half the question with your answer.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah that makes total sense to me, but when a guy asks if he can get 750 whp on 91 octane with your stuff, don’t just say “hell yeah” to make the sale. It misleading if you ignore half the question with your answer.
Hello.

Our answer was truthful in all aspects. We have made 750 many times on 91, we have also seen 650 on 91. Both of these numbers were on the same posted octane number. The answer to the final number was dictated by the knock sensor as we have discussed before. The question asked was if we could make 650-750 on 91, and in our experience the answer is yes.

We respect what we do and would never mislead anyone to sell our product, we believe it sells itself.

Team Hellion

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hello.

Our answer was truthful in all aspects. We have made 750 many times on 91, we have also seen 650 on 91. Both of these numbers were on the same posted octane number. The answer to the final number was dictated by the knock sensor as we have discussed before. The question asked was if we could make 650-750 on 91, and in our experience the answer is yes.

We respect what we do and would never mislead anyone to sell our product, we believe it sells itself.

Team Hellion
My apologies, I wasn’t aware that people were hitting 750 whp with 91 octane.
That’s awesome.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My apologies, I wasn’t aware that people were hitting 750 whp with 91 octane.
That’s awesome.
No worries, we just want to make sure we communicate our data to everyone correctly. :headbang:

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
What was the correction factor on these runs?
Their not gonna post that. Uncorrected its probably still over 1000whp. Just wait for the track runs. The MPH and weight will tell whats what.

SCBlackF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 5.0
Their not gonna post that. Uncorrected its probably still over 1000whp. Just wait for the track runs. The MPH and weight will tell whats what.
The video shows sae smoothing 5
Air, track conditions and car setup still play a big part in the mph it runs

NikNala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold-18 GT A10

1.27 SAE Correction Factor per the dyno graph in the article. 940whp uncorrected
5DBCA73F-6BED-4397-956E-F8DE8E9FEE7A.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.