Sponsored

Firehawk Indy 500 tires

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The sidewalls on these aren't soft, not stupid hard but they aren't soft. You sure you didn't get the old Indy 500 wide ovals?
Its all relative, but comparing directly to HTRZ3, they are absolutely softer. Noticeably so. They have better straight line traction and rear is harder to get to step out. Front still pushing a bit, hoping its just the oils I need to wear off.
Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I have these tires on my stock 2015 GT/PP. They are solid tires and in my opinion feel really responsive. I'm outside Sacramento, Ca and have had a pretty wet year :) They do fine in rain. Cold mornings also.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
265/40/19 on all 4 corners for me. Big fan of these tires, best bang for the buck for a really sticky set of street tires. Car feels like it's on rails. Wet performance is top shelf.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Great tires for the price. Running 285/35 on all four corners.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I got them in a 275/40r18 on all four corners.
What width wheels are you using? I'm running 255/45x18 on stock wheels and wanting to go wider, looking at 9" rims with the 275 wide tires (?)

BTW, to the OP, I am VERY impressed with these tires, especially for the price.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm still running the 235 Firestones. I've driven it in frigid temperatures and it still performs admirably. In cold temps the tires get very hard and the ride is harsher. Also some traction does suffer but that's to be expected. I wouldn't recommend driving it in the snow or ice, which I have done but needed to be VERY careful. If the temperature rises above 40 traction just gets better and of course better the hotter it gets.

When the temperatures are decent and about 35ish PSI (when warm) they ride nice. I'm still really impressed with these tires. They are a huge upgrade over the stock Pirellis. All season tires are a smarter choice for the climate I live in, but having the summer tires has been fun. These tires still have a lot of grip left in them and make it a more fun car to drive. I can only imagine what 10 or 11" wheels could do for this car paired with these tires.

If I ever get summer / winter wheels I will definitely be buying these Firestones again.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I ran these tires on my stock PP wheels. Big upgrade over the factory Pirellis imo and a massive improvement over any all season. Very affordable alterative to other summer tires, however the rears didn't last me 10k miles but that's probably typical in this segment

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I ran these tires on my stock PP wheels. Big upgrade over the factory Pirellis imo and a massive improvement over any all season. Very affordable alterative to other summer tires, however the rears didn't last me 10k miles but that's probably typical in this segment
Damn, 10k only!

Anyone else have feedback regarding tread wear?

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I did a ton of researching when my pzeros were going bald and picked out these tires. They are very good. The main reason I got them was because I wanted tires that did well in rain and better cold temp grip vs the pirellis here in the northwest. These tires out grip the pirellis in all temps except very hot temps where they feel equal all with 340 tread wear rating vs 200 for the pirellis. Theyre also much cheaper than pirellis. Also the sidewall is softer than the pirellis making them feel a little less precise. This was literally the only thing pirellis win at. The Firestones are easily the best tires for the money.

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I've got almost 15K on my 275's now, still great!

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
What width wheels are you using? I'm running 255/45x18 on stock wheels and wanting to go wider, looking at 9" rims with the 275 wide tires (?)

BTW, to the OP, I am VERY impressed with these tires, especially for the price.
I'm on 10" wide wheels

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I have had these for 10 months now and I have to say one of the best tires ever bought. Price is unbeatable and they perform amazing. They grip on the ground and they sound smooth on regular use. I posted a video a while back. Here it is just in case.

[ame]

[ame]
Sponsored