Sponsored

Base or Premium GT

Which 2017 Ford Mustang GT would you buy?

• Base

Votes: 67 29.6%
  • Premium

Votes: 159 70.4%

• Total voters

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Retarded statement. Anything less than the highest premium trim is garbage if we're going to pretend this is a luxury car, which it is not. it's a performance car and as such it makes more logical sense to focus on performance. Even in my 50th Anniversary 2015 with the upgraded premium interior the leather was clearly cheap.

The base trim is very nice in terms of what you get for a base car. Especially compared to previous gens.

Your statement would make more sense if you were talking about the engine choice, which is ironic.
Luxury car? Uh dude... I know this ain't a Cadillac or Audi. Never said it was. But things like heated and cooled seats and a radio that didn't come out of a last generation Ford Fiesta are what the average person wants much more than an extra hundred horsepower. The average person doesn't care that you can get from point a to point b a minute or two faster. Because there is always something out there that's faster than you anyway. My engine choice is about as ironic as your name...

Have you ever heard of the statement, "Life is not about the destination, it's about the journey." Think about that. Let it resonate.
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Never understood why people don't spend the extra few grand and upgrade to an engine that's on par with the car.

Words to live by

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Never understood why people don't spend the extra few grand and upgrade to an engine that's on par with the car.

Words to live by
Haha, someone's a little salty. Just to put more salt on ya, it's a lot cheaper for me to upgrade my power plant than it is for you to get premium features in your base model.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Haha, someone's a little salty. Just to put more salt on ya, it's a lot cheaper for me to upgrade my power plant than it is for you to get premium features in your base model.
Your overreaction is showing. Give us the numbers tho

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm 22 and just bought the Base GT PP. I wanted a loud ass race car for the best value and there was no doubt that was a used base Perfomance pack. Premium has a lot of cool stuff, but the thousands in my pocket is cooler.

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Words to live by
Ooh, ooh, I'll take this one!! Because turbo 4's are fun to drive, easy to mod, and relatively inexpensive to make go fast.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ooh, ooh, I'll take this one!! Because turbo 4's are fun to drive, easy to mod, and relatively inexpensive to make go fast.
sure they make power, but they DO NOT make the same kind of noises. And for me that's what its all about

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
The only thing I wish I had on my base was the premium bumper. The interior is good enough for me. It's not my dd though so if it was i'd probably want more goodies.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The only thing I wish I had on my base was the premium bumper. The interior is good enough for me. It's not my dd though so if it was i'd probably want more goodies.
The bumper is the one thing from day one that bothered me. Fixed that

Sponsored

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Heated and cooled seats alone were enough to purchase the premium. They worked wonders last summer in Myrtle Beach and Florida. Also I thought the toggle switches were neato, so I had to have them.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Have the premium and am very happy I went with it. The car is my daily. I get a ton of compliments on the interior and love the heated/cooled seats and the drive modes are pretty cool too. Dual zone climate control and the Sync 3 are awesome. Sound system isn't anything crazy but it's nice.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I have the base 16 GT. I have yet to get in my car and say "boy I wish I had..." that being said I bought what I could afford. If I had the extra $7k I would have had the premium.

Ryano1416

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang gt
I have a 17 base GT with PP only option is rear packing sensors. Sometimes I kick myself for not just forking out the extra money so I could have the 8 inch sync 3 and premium rear bumper. I love my car but if It had those two things it would be absolutely perfect to me. Im neutral on the pleather seats, cloth is fine with me. Ford should really offer more sub models or packages, more customization of options because everything else that comes on the premium to me is just fluff.

But this is just my opinion, buy what makes you happy and don't rush to make the purchase and end up regretting it.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
While having limited packages and a lot of 'fluff' in the packages might not look appealing, it's probably the main reason why the Mustang is still affordable. If you look at the Camaro's build&price, you can check just about any option you want with little inheritance to the particular package you have. Then it becomes a $60,000 Camaro.
Sponsored