Sponsored

BLIS Poll for current owners

Putting cost aside, how do you feel about BLIS? (Blind Spot Info System)

• I do not have BLIS and do not miss it

Votes: 42 24.1%
  • I do not have BLIS and wish I did

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • I have BLIS and am glad I do

Votes: 105 60.3%
  • I have BLIS and am indifferent or dislike it

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
I'm conflicted about BLIS in the 2018's, as it only comes in a package with things I personally rate as 'nice to have' at best. I'm not keen to have the car drive itself, frankly. However, I've read several reviews that complain about the small mirrors and large blind spots created by the C pillar on the 2015-2017, thus making BLIS appealing.

With your indulgence I've posted this poll to get your collective wisdom. If you've not lived with a 6G mustang for at least a few months, please skip this. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I've never felt like the car has small mirrors or large blind spots in the past 18 months I've owned it. Blind spot monitoring, lane departure, auto braking, etc... are just adding more electrical systems to do things that the driver should be doing, no thanks.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Yes. It is handy as hell. I had a guy on a scooter in my blind spot just the other day. I looked and didn't see him at all in the mirror or when I turned my head. But I did notice the Blis warning light. I slowed, and he finally came into view. I would have wiped that guy out.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I've never felt like the car has small mirrors or large blind spots in the past 18 months I've owned it. Blind spot monitoring, lane departure, auto braking, etc... are just adding more electrical systems to do things that the driver should be doing, no thanks.

The problem with that is that most people don't do those things. People are human. People shouldn't be on the cell phones either while driving...but.....

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Included with the BLIS system is rear cross traffic alert. As much as I try to park way out away from other cars, sometimes it's just not possible. And inevitably I'll be between 2 huge SUVs. All I have to do is get the bumper to clear the SUVs' bumpers and the alert will tell me if someone is coming down the aisle. This makes it invaluable to me. And it does something for me that I physically cannot do, so it's not one of those lazy driver gadgets. (That said, I also have adaptive cruise and love it!)

Sponsored

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I don't have it and I don't miss it. I have the spot mirrors on the side and I always physically check my blind spots before moving. I do not find the C-pillar to be in the way. I believe this also comes with the adaptive cruise control and then it interferes with some intercoolers and the lower grille cannot be changed.

Also all these new cars with blindspot systems, especially GM's and Honda's, are constantly setting off the K-band on my Valentine 1 radar detector.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I could live without it but I find BLIS a useful feature. If a glance to a side view reveals an orange dot you know your BS is occupied. I can tell you first hand that BLIS does not always alert you to danger..... cars moving at high speed are not picked up right away. I still look before changing lanes.

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
If you live in the city it's extremely helpful, it's less about seeing cars and more about kids, objects running out.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Don't have it on anything now and it doesn't bother me. I've driven cars with it and I can see how it could be helpful.

Not something I would pay for but it's not something I miss.

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I have the BLIS system on my 2017 Escape and love it! Especially with all the maniacs driving in central Florida. Def going to get it on my 18

Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I wish I had BLIS on my mustang. I have a bad neck and some days it is very hard to head check my blind spot. We have it on my wifes Mazda 6. While it may not be fool proof and sometimes give people more room than they need, it is very handy.

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
I have the BLISS with the cross traffic alert. I am neutral on the BLISS because it does not have a sound alert. It is an additional help but does not replace driver control nor should it.

The cross traffic alert is very useful unless you always back into parking spaces. I agree with awmustang's comment regarding SUV blocking visibility. Everyone is looking ahead for the prime parking space and not paying attention to their surroundings.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
BLIS...
Don't need it to drive, but it is nice when you have it.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe not absolutely needed to drive, but wouldn't have a car without it. Has saved my bacon more than once.
Sponsored