Sponsored

Ford Inspector for Warranty Repair-Update:Warranty Denied Claim Due to Off Road Racing

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Where do people get this “ precedent “ thing from? Tv shows ?
Only appellate opinions are precedential and not even all of them
I’ll try to help you understand, but I don’t have high hopes.

I‘m not talking about the “stare decisis” type of precedent as you’re mistakenly assuming. I’m talking about testimonial precedent that occurs when an attorney has the Ford guy on the stand in front of a jury and asks why Ford won’t fund the identical repair for his client that they funded previously for other clients. Anecdotal precedent if you will, but could easily influence a jury.

See the difference there?
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I’ll try to help you understand, but I don’t have high hopes.

I‘m not talking about the “stare decisis” type of precedent as you’re mistakenly assuming. I’m talking about testimonial precedent that occurs when an attorney has the Ford guy on the stand in front of a jury and asks why Ford won’t fund the identical repair for his client that they funded previously for other clients. Anecdotal precedent if you will, but could easily influence a jury.

See the difference there?
Yes, 1 is binding, the other one is an argument….
See the difference there ?
Have a great day

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Only the people that were wrong from the beginning seems to be surprised by the decision
I’m not. I even correctly predicted on what the arbitrator will base his decision upon
A extended warranty is a contractual agreement between 2 parties
The agreement say that racing is not covered
Op was driving at full speed at a race track
One of the dictionary definitions of racing is to “ go at full speed”
Therefore he was racing… end of the discussion
And please note that “racing “ was not capitalized in the contract, therefore no specific meaning or definition was attached to it and consequently a definition from a major, main stream dictionary is what the arbitrator used
All the other verbiage about fitment of purpose, advertising, etc, is just that, useless verbiage
As for encouraging the op to sue Ford, why don’t you fund his lawsuit?
Nothing better to dunk on someone who lost with a big I was right. Way to take the high ground.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Only the people that were wrong from the beginning seems to be surprised by the decision
I’m not. I even correctly predicted on what the arbitrator will base his decision upon
A extended warranty is a contractual agreement between 2 parties
The agreement say that racing is not covered
Op was driving at full speed at a race track
One of the dictionary definitions of racing is to “ go at full speed”
Therefore he was racing… end of the discussion
And please note that “racing “ was not capitalized in the contract, therefore no specific meaning or definition was attached to it and consequently a definition from a major, main stream dictionary is what the arbitrator used
All the other verbiage about fitment of purpose, advertising, etc, is just that, useless verbiage
As for encouraging the op to sue Ford, why don’t you fund his lawsuit?
Nobody is surprised. We have empathy for OP. Pretty normal part of being human.

Obiton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Convertible 6MT, PP, MagnaRide, ActiveExh
If I rev my engine, am I racing it? If I drive in a hurry to get home, did I race home? How far can you stretch the definition? I don’t have a problem with having an exclusion, but it must be explicitly defined. It is still DTP to sell a contract with an “racing” exclusion to a factory race car.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Nothing better to dunk on someone who lost with a big I was right. Way to take the high ground.
For some folks, taking the high ground is less important than chest beating. There’s a name for that but it escapes me…

Truth is, the OP did everything feasibly practicable to win this thing. And I get the impression it was for all of us, not just himself. We should offer him our thanks for his efforts!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
sorry , i wrongly interpreted your statement that the arbitrator decision made you “speechless “ as an acknowledgement of your surprise
Yes, the op did a good job and i feel bad for him but truth is that he got a lot of bad advices and totally wrong “legal” opinions
Furthermore encouraging him to sue Ford is doing him a disservice.
Learn, cut your losses and move on is my advice to him
He has a great car and a few $k will fix it
Plenty of people track and enjoy their car at “full speed “ AND financially assume the risk of doing so
One is not exclusive of the other

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Yep. I’m out on new Fords. Not selling my R or Raptor (yet), but certainly not buying any new Ford products across the board. When they changed the language in 2020 warranty coverage, I put a deposit on a Z06 and skipped the GT500. Very happy with that decision. Chevy stands behind their track cars in writing (in the positive affirmation sense) in their warranty.
Congrats on the Z06. It is the best bang for your buck right now as far as I am concerned. It would be my choice as well if it came in a stick. I am glad to hear that GM stands behind the cars they market as "track cars". I am thinking a 4-door ZL1 (aka CT5 Blackwing) would be a decent piece of iron to wheel around a track. But whatever I get to drive on track will not be a Ford.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I wouldn't say that. Its simple. Tow the car home, clean it up, put new wheels and tires on it and then tow it to the dealership when you have it all squared away. I would have new fender liners, remove the belly pan and clean out all the track bugers, same with the rear diffuser, remove the rollbar, track seats, etc. Put it all back to stock.

Yea, its a real shame that Ford got away with this. Screams of not right.
I guess my take away from all this is the first rule of "Race Club:" There is no race club. Second rule, "what happens at race club, stays at race club."

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Thank all of you who went to the Track Attack for the Shelby's, Mach 1, Raptor, etc. No need for that anymore.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Thank all of you who went to the Track Attack for the Shelby's, Mach 1, Raptor, etc. No need for that anymore.
Objectively, this has nothing to do with ESP, unless they explicitly say that if you did this experiece, you are covered for all the warranties (which I doubt they ever did).

Feel really sorry for the OP, I was watching this closely and was hoping for a happy end. Honestly, screw Ford with this stuff. Having said that, I got burned with this extra warranty roadside protection and etc bs with other brand, will never buy this crap again.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Maybe ford should get away from performance cars like the mustang and its different models and replace it with a modern ford probe like they wanted to do in the past.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s not correct either. It’s a $350ish fee to be part of, atleast it was around covid timeframe when I stopped paying it. I completely agree with you on sueing them though. That would have been first, and fixing the car.

[

QUOTE="sms2022, post: 3927660, member: 74944"]
it really doesn’t at all. You do understand it’s Ford and other companies that keep the BBB in business by paying dues right?

If Ford and other companies get upset at the BBB and no longer agree to use the BBB arbitration service, it goes away. If individual customers get mad and decide not to use it again, nothing happens.

I agree it was probably required by the contract though, and that strengthens my argument even further because ford wrote the contract, they’re not going to pick a dispute method they will lose with. I’m not dogging OP for doing it at all, just saying I wouldn’t expect any other result. I’d sue them.
[/QUOTE]

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This made me laugh. I remember when Ford tried to replace the mustanf with that turd, but the fallout was so bad they opted out of that, kept the mustang and named it the Probe. We use to actual race those cars up hill because they made more boost with the load and were faster then on level ground. Now for turbo cars from the era, still wish I had a GN.

Maybe ford should get away from performance cars like the mustang and its different models and replace it with a modern ford probe like they wanted to do in the past.
Sponsored