Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I've got state farm
Had car run into My caddy xts last ye
ar they wanted to total it
Gave me lower number than local vehicles being sold they met that number. So I'm happy.they had offered 20k and j got 25k
Sponsored

MyGT0602

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Byung
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang GT
Feel bad for your loving mustang and the thing is insurance is not going to pay for damage which you stated 50 thousand dollars when you insured for 45 thousand dollars. There is 5 thousand dollars that insurance will save . That's my opinion though...

Hope it will work out for you..

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Feel bad for your loving mustang and the thing is insurance is not going to pay for damage which you stated 50 thousand dollars when you insured for 45 thousand dollars. There is 5 thousand dollars that insurance will save . That's my opinion though...

Hope it will work out for you..
Brother is retired from State Farm. Handled mostly bodily injury claims. Could not stand to hear him talk about his job. But, he always said that from their standpoint the best claim is the one that they closed the fastest and paid the least on. He also commented to me once that the insurance business is legalized racketeering.

If you don't know how to dance with the Insurance companies music, get a lawyer. They know how to lie, too. Never take their first offer and don't be in a hurry to get your money. If you are, you will be getting less. And remember, once you sign the settlement, IT IS OVER. There is no going back.

Apologies to any insurance people or attorneys. But, you know.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
In the US when an insurance company totals out a car, you have the right to buy it back at 20% of their valuation. and do what ever you want with it. piece it out for parts (which can add up to some coin) or have it repaired by who ever you want. i had a 2 month old GT with barely 1K miles on it totaled and contemplated this

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
Was in a crash going maybe 30km/h, rear ended someone, then someone rear ended me. Thought it was no big deal and repairable, honestly thought it was just cosmetic damage at first. Now my insurance is telling me that want to write the car off because there's "front rail" damage, can anyone smarter than me tell me if the damage really is that bad? Added some photos

Am I just being stubborn in thinking there's no way this is a write-off, and should be repairable? My payout is only $45k (AUD), and I bought it for $44k, but I've put like $8k of mods into it so would honestly rather it just be repaired if possible. Insurance said the quote to repair was $50k, hence why they want to write it off

Photos are here: and
Feeling your pain mate. I hit a kangaroo last week the whole front of my car is damaged, both guards bonnet but I couldn't get the bonnet open to see how bad under there. It got towed away and I'm just waiting for the assessment. I've got a lot of mods that I listed on insurance but if it's written off you never get enough to replace it.
PXL_20240206_192654584.jpg

Sponsored

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
if ins writes off the car completely you wont be able to reregister it
if its an rebuildable writeoff you can
its mainly to stop thieves swapping bits out on a stolen car and saying its the written off one

OP
OP

revolio_gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yep well looks like the damage is definitely worse than I thought, and it'll be a write off. Now I need to try and scavenge some parts off it. The easy things to take off/replace will be the injectors, CAI and Roush axle back. I have an intake manifold on there, but not sure I can replace since I had to mess with hosing on the original manifold, so I could change it over, but it'll sit there, but not be connected properly at all. So that's probably a loss.

The main thing are the headers. I did not keep the stock headers, and taking them off will not only be a massive pain and probably costly if I pay someone, so I might just have to count them as a loss

Then I need to find another 2016 GT in manual, and hope the tunes I have still work well for that particular car assuming I use the exact same mods.

Insurance is being annoying in saying that I can't come onto the property where the car is to take parts off, and I have to pay for it to be towed somewhere to scavenge, but I disagree with that since they haven't paid me out and it's still my property

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Feeling your pain mate. I hit a kangaroo last week the whole front of my car is damaged, both guards bonnet but I couldn't get the bonnet open to see how bad under there. It got towed away and I'm just waiting for the assessment. I've got a lot of mods that I listed on insurance but if it's written off you never get enough to replace it.
Sorry about the accident but hitting a kangaroo is crazy to me. šŸ˜…

I hope I get the time to visit Australia one day.

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
Sorry about the accident but hitting a kangaroo is crazy to me. šŸ˜…

I hope I get the time to visit Australia one day.
It's crazy alright. It was dark and they just jump into the lights, I didn't even get time to think about hitting the brakes. He was instantly killed, it's horrible if there still kicking and you gotta put them out of there misery somehow.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
It's crazy alright. It was dark and they just jump into the lights, I didn't even get time to think about hitting the brakes. He was instantly killed, it's horrible if there still kicking and you gotta put them out of there misery somehow.
Pray tell, how do you put them out of the misery?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Pray tell, how do you put them out of the misery?
Usually (at least here in the US),if it is a deer, moose, cow, horse, bison, long horn, (insert whatever else lurks in the 50 Staes and comes onto the highways) a State Trooper (or if itā€™s a local Police Officer) has to get authorization to discharge their firearm in the head of the injured XYZ animal. That is considered the ā€œhumaneā€ method.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
correct, the car in front had a tow bar, that really didnā€™t help t

if it gets written off I would have to figure out how to take the modifications off, it will just be a massive pain in the ass, and unfortunately for the most expensive part, the headers, I didnā€™t keep the stock headers, probably canā€™t swap in the old stock manifold either since I had to mess with the hosing to put on my 2020 manifold

even if I find a place willing to repair it, is the damage bad enough that itā€™ll never drive the same again?
Sorry. That sucks. That just sucks. Beautiful GT btw. Great color.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG. That also really sucksā€¦..for you, your car and the roo.
Some people in the US might actually think you were joking.
I never really thought of Kangaroos running rampant, but Iā€™m told by my veterinarian who is an expat theyā€™re like the deer at night over there.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OMG. That also really sucksā€¦..for you, your car and the roo.
Some people in the US might actually think you were joking.
I never really thought of Kangaroos running rampant, but Iā€™m told by my veterinarian who is an expat theyā€™re like the deer at night.
Iā€™d imagine itā€™s a rooā€™d awakening after one jumps outā€¦.

šŸ˜‚

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™d imagine itā€™s a rooā€™d awakening after one jumps outā€¦.

šŸ˜‚
That was quick of you CJ, very quickā€¦ā€¦ :wink: :cwl: :beer:
Sponsored

Last edited: