ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
We had negative degrees last few weeks & car runs just as good as any other temp. Cold starts yes, a bit rough. But only the 1st try. When I was tuned by Lund they helped me out & car would start no matter what temp. With my current tuner they pretty much told me there was nothing they could do (more like willing).
Sponsored

Brevin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT
What do you mean by more maintenance?

It runs super clean right. Like ive heard peoples plugs and exhaust looks practically new.
Maintenance as in you need to replace fuel pumps more often and clean the fuel filter. It’s more preventative if you race the car. E85 is hard on pumps. I change them every 1-2 years.

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
Isnt e85 a bitch in the cold too? Have always heard the car runs like shit until it gets to temp.
I’m in NY and my car is a daily… couple weeks ago we had temps in the teens and car started and ran as is does in warmer temps

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
So i just came across a post saying the plaid can do a 4.71 60-130, what would that take on our cars to get there lol. I see a lot of people talking about 5's and 6's so im guessing it takes a bit more fuel and a bit less pulley to get down into the 4's
Somewhere around 850 Wheel HP, and auto transmission

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Starting a new topic of discussion, but is relevant to ESS stuff.

Those of you running return fuel systems- what fuel filter type and size are you running? I have the Lethal stage 1 fuel system (although I have since switched to the Radium fuel pump bucket with 2x Walboro 274 pumps), and it came with a DivisionX 2" fuel filter housing with a stainless steel element. Im now considering switching to a microglass element from Radium (6 micron) as it seems people on the interwebz are finding that the stainless elements don't actually filter at a 10 micron level.

Thoughts? suggestions?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
I have the Racetronix filter with stainless steel element that came with my Arcane system. I would've rather had the microglass. No chance of E85 affecting it.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I have the Racetronix filter with stainless steel element that came with my Arcane system. I would've rather had the microglass. No chance of E85 affecting it.
I just ordered a Radium filter assembly with a 6 micron microglass element. Aparently Lethal Performance doesn't sell the Microglass element for their standard size filter housing. Only the Large Marg. What I can't seem to determine is, are all of the filter elements across brands, the same dimensions/compatible with each other?

I'm also considering re-doing my feed line so that I can put the filter housing in the engine bay instead of under the car. I don't like how it pushes the plastic cover down, and just doesn't fit very well next to the OEM fuel line and brake lines.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a Radium filter assembly with a 6 micron microglass element. Aparently Lethal Performance doesn't sell the Microglass element for their standard size filter housing. Only the Large Marg. What I can't seem to determine is, are all of the filter elements across brands, the same dimensions/compatible with each other?

I'm also considering re-doing my feed line so that I can put the filter housing in the engine bay instead of under the car. I don't like how it pushes the plastic cover down, and just doesn't fit very well next to the OEM fuel line and brake lines.
I have the Large Marge fuel filter and it fits up there without pushing the tray down. You may need to route your lines differently. I recall myself spending an OCD amount of time choosing which way I would run my lines under there for the filter to sit they way I preferred. :crackup:

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
Actually the OEM fuel line is by itself on the inside of the frame rail. I removed it and ran the AN line there and modified the cover.
PXL_20240110_214408519.jpg

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I have the Large Marge fuel filter and it fits up there without pushing the tray down. You may need to route your lines differently. I recall myself spending an OCD amount of time choosing which way I would run my lines under there for the filter to sit they way I preferred. :crackup:
Yeah, thats where Im at. lol. I have the standard size DivisonX/Lethal filter installed now, and because Lethal has pre-made lines in their kits, I was forced to locate the filter back towards the tank (maybe 4ish feet forward of the tank). It pushes that plastic cover down, to the point where I can only use a portion of the fasteners that hold it to the body of the car, and it pushes the cover down.

I'm considering re-doing the feed line entirely, and locating the new filter horizontally against the firewall above the motor. This way I can easily inspect/repalce the filter element instead of having to jack up the car, remove cover etc.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Actually the OEM fuel line is by itself on the inside of the frame rail. I removed it and ran the AN line there and modified the cover.
PXL_20240110_214408519.jpg
Looks good. I considered this approach as well, but I don't want to cut the cover if possible. I also have concerns of rocks and shit hitting it and possibly damaging it.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Here's mine. I ran it towards the front and hogged out the bracket where the stock fuel line was run so that it would accept the -6AN size line. I haven't fully buttoned it up to see if I need to cut the cover at all. I am hoping not to have to. It gains clearance as it moves forward so I think I am going to be good.

20240127_150333.jpg

20240127_150320.jpg

20240127_150327.jpg

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Here's mine. I ran it towards the front and hogged out the bracket where the stock fuel line was run so that it would accept the -6AN size line. I haven't fully buttoned it up to see if I need to cut the cover at all. I am hoping not to have to. It gains clearance as it moves forward so I think I am going to be good.

20240127_150333.jpg

20240127_150320.jpg

20240127_150327.jpg
Thanks,

My feed is a -10, so the line is not as compliant as a -6, plus I have to fit my -8 return under there as well. I think Im going to attempt to put my new Radium filter in the engine bay, so that I can easily get to it and check/change the filter element

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Question for guys with the ESS system and radiators… I have a base GT so my radiator is a tissue basically… I’ll be upgrading prior to installing the ESS.

How is it with the PP radiator? Everything fit well? What about a DeWitts or some other aftermarket? I want to make sure the ESS system and intercooler will fit with a bigger radiator. Anyone with personal experience.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Question for guys with the ESS system and radiators… I have a base GT so my radiator is a tissue basically… I’ll be upgrading prior to installing the ESS.

How is it with the PP radiator? Everything fit well? What about a DeWitts or some other aftermarket? I want to make sure the ESS system and intercooler will fit with a bigger radiator. Anyone with personal experience.
My car runs cool and IATs are great with the PP radiator, 170 Reische T-stat, and G4 cooler.
Sponsored