Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
@Burkey in relation to your observations about the protest organiser (not quoted here)...like a 'what'? I know you know that disabilities and stupidity don't go hand in hand and you didn't mean to imply they did but still...can I humbly suggest delete the term and insert 'Nimrod' 'Stem' etc just don't use a political figure or the pin will fall out of the grenade all over again.
Webster's defines nimrod:

3. slang : IDIOT
Sponsored

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently it's now 3 thereof, actually in Brisbane, and the State of Queensland is well pissed at them not least in part due to the extent of their deception. One is still refusing to say exactly where she's been other than a party with the other 2, not sure why the cops can't trawl her phone but she's probably binned it and could be pressured by the party organisers not to say as IIRC gatherings like that have been banned in Melbourne for some time.

@Burkey in relation to your observations about the protest organiser (not quoted here)...like a 'what'? I know you know that disabilities and stupidity don't go hand in hand and you didn't mean to imply they did but still...can I humbly suggest delete the term and insert 'Nimrod' 'Stem' etc just don't use a political figure or the pin will fall out of the grenade all over again.

Nice words re the way the Police handled this, very well said :like:
My apologies. Despite being tagged into your comment here, I somehow missed it.
To add insult to injury, it then would appear to you as though I’ve deliberately ignored you and proceeded to do it AGAIN in the very next post :headbang:
My apologies to you and thanks to Hoosier for actually adding a reply to the comment I hadn’t seen, forcing me to go back and find this original reply. If that makes sense at all :crazy:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I just saw old 999 Herman Cain passed away at age 74 from COVID complications. I always liked Herman. RIP!
Not only that, but his Twitter account continues to post nonsense about COVID, despite the fact that he died from it.

JR

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I just saw old 999 Herman Cain passed away at age 74 from COVID complications. I always liked Herman. RIP!
RIP Herman Cain. He died doing what he loved, spreading misinformation, and being a political pawn for people that do not care for him, rather, just keep him around because he supports their ideas.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
My apologies. Despite being tagged into your comment here, I somehow missed it.
To add insult to injury, it then would appear to you as though I’ve deliberately ignored you and proceeded to do it AGAIN in the very next post :headbang:
My apologies to you and thanks to Hoosier for actually adding a reply to the comment I hadn’t seen, forcing me to go back and find this original reply. If that makes sense at all :crazy:
Cheers Burkey! :like::handshake: (PS Edit button is your friend).

(Delete handshake insert Covid fist bump)

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Sad story .... but may need to now be known as 9999 HC as he is said he contracted the virus 9 days after attending the Trump rally in Tulsa.

Last edited:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
While I don’t agree with her reasons/views I am afraid she will end up being right. If this virus is unstoppable there you will end up with the worst of both worlds like us. A raging virus and a crippled economy. Here in the US our GPD printed -34% today. That’s after a -5% Q1. That puts us on pace for a -9.5% GDP print for the year if Q3-4 are 0% witch is highly unlikely. I’m afraid the cure maybe worse than the disease once that point I talked about is passed.

-34% is nuts. The pain we will experience off this is going to be absolutely terrible. Bad bad bad.
Yeah it certainly is 'nuts' and there are probably unseen flow ons lurking. Over here most states charge stamp duty, typically in the tens of thousands of dollars, on every house purchase and it provides a large chunk of state revenue. No one is buying atm so there's not much sd coming in hence a big hit to revenue and funding for hospitals, staff and infrastructure.

A raging virus cripples the economy, but closing down cripples it too. Letting it rage doesn't guarantee economic security in the long term, while closing down doesn't guarantee it'll stop raging either. What might work for one economy might not work for another and that probably varies from city to city.

It's what some call a 'wicked' problem in that there's no clear way to go forward, when you have no historical data to work with it's hard to even spitball and of course the biggest wildcard is the behaviour of people. Exhibit 1 is how Victoria went to hell in a handbasket here (comparatively) because no one thought about the possibility that a whole bunch of infectious guys and gals quarantined together for two weeks and bored $hitless might start shagging the security guards who were going out into the community when their shift ended. Duh!

The media always has a big role to play and when economies experience a downturn all the media does is report the bad news, during one particularly bad downturn our Treasurer called them out and said the reporting was so persistently negative it's like we need a 'media led economic recovery'. Nothing much has changed because the media knows that bad news is sensational and sells. Most folks get their info from the media and what they read/hear is usually what they're influenced by and that's what causes a downward spiral of economic sentiment. In the early stages of the pandemic it pissed me off hugely that there was so little reporting about people who had recovered, or the large number of businesses making big bucks and employing more people manufacturing Covid related gear eg PPE, plastic cashier screens etc. Personally I'm over the endless bad news negative heinous trash the media vultures try to shove down everyone's throats, they're just making money out of the misery of others which is why you never see a graph of recoveries much. I'm not advocating that they publish bs feelgood stories for the sake of it but the current behaviour is destructive and counter productive.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Not a bit funny! Actually, disgusting!
Who said I was trying to be funny ?

Are you disgusted by the truth ?

He was a “COVID denier” . Despite being in a high risk group he attended a Trump Rally that most experts say was ill advised . He definitely was not social distancing or wearing a mask in the photographs of him taking at the rally
He(at least someone posting on his behalf) spread conspiracy theories about the virus .

you don’t think it is ironic he succumbed to the very thing he was denying ?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll play along.
Fauci said “don’t wear a mask” at a time when masks were in short supply and triage was the name of the game. The benefit of science is that unlike ideologies like religion or politics, it can change it’s mind whenever the evidence or situation requires it. In fact, scientists are obliged to do exactly that. So, even IF Fauci changed his mind (he didn’t), good on him for doing exactly what science demands of him.

Here’s the original article than your conspiracy theory mate was referencing as he made his spurious claims. Obviously as a true sceptic you’ve already read it so I don’t imagine that any of the content will surprise you in the least, but I’ll highlight some of the issues below just to jog your memory.
https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-2-69?report=reader

TL;DR version - it seems that your mate is referencing a different drug for a different virus and it’s effect on CELLS and how it could POSSIBLY have some use... yeah, fantastic.

Anyways....

1. The virology journal is NOT the official publication of the NIH. (Facepalm)
2. The article is referring quite specifically to chloroquine, which is not HCQ...
3. The article is referring specifically to cells and cultures, not clinical trials in humans.
4. SARS isn’t what we’re trying to treat in the current pandemic.
5. The article even goes on to say (for example)
“Ammonium chloride inhibits SARS-CoV infection of Vero E6 cells”
Why did Trump not advocate for that treatment?

6. To my knowledge there is nothing published that confirms the efficacy of HCQ or any combination thereof as a prophylactic for the novel coronavirus. This is precisely why experts around the world shook their heads when Trump started taking it despite not being infected.
7. The article was published 15 years ago. As mentioned earlier, science is required to change when new evidence comes to light. I wonder what the scientists may have learned in the 15 years since and more particularly in the past 6 months?
8. As you’d recall from your research into the article, it quite clearly states in the conclusion that:
“Chloroquine, a relatively safe, effective and cheap drug used for treating many human diseases including malaria, amoebiosis and human immunodeficiency virus is effective in inhibiting the infection and spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. The fact that the drug has significant inhibitory antiviral effect when the susceptible CELLS were treated either prior to or after infection suggests a POSSIBLE prophylactic and therapeutic use.

Looks to me like you’re trying very hard to find evidence to suit your conclusion rather than following the evidence and drawing conclusions from it.
I’ll leave you with this article, published a little over a month ago.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...roxychloroquine-can-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Last edited:

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Looks like he still can't make his mind up.

fauci-mask.jpg
Sponsored