What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

muntega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Man
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
For those who's sound is "off" after installing the factory sub and "Cx" DSP you need to change the four door speakers to the shaker pro units also. They are 2 ohm and balance out the sound much better than the original 4 ohm premium speakers.
Yes, I have changed and happy with the sound now!
D5A02978-C637-47A0-917A-974B6409F262.jpeg
Sponsored

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Got a '20 base GT with 301A, no active exhaust, 9 speaker...no plug :frown:

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Here is my configuration, Performance Pack 2 with MagnaRide and Active Exhaust. There connector is already being used.. I guess the wires missing out of the fat plug are for the Sub.
0ADF275E-C05E-470A-897A-BF04881E51E7.jpeg
Anyone figure out how to add the factory sub to this setup? Any idea which pins provide the sub signal?

hazem96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hazem
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2018
I have EB 18 Vert with 9-speakers, I received the sub with the plug attached to its amplifier but the other side was cut, I'm lucky to have the blue plug, so I attached the sub wires directly to the blue plug wires, two of them are GND and +12, another black cable looks like a coax, this is the audio cable, it contains twisted pair with shield, last wire is the sub enable wire. the sub enable was Violet/red, all cables have exactly the same colors so I just had to match colors at both ends. replaced the DSP with FR3T-18T806-CP, replaced all the existing 4 and 8 ohms speakers with 2 Ohm OEM speakers, drop in replacement, kept pillars tweeters, I noticed that the new rear speakers are two way and have tweeters on them. no programming nor coding, every step was planned so It took me around 2 hours to complete the upgrade.

Result:

The 9 and 12 speakers setups aren't comparable in way, the difference is like day and night, I realized how poor it is compared to the new 12 speakers setup, not only lacks the bass, Mid and triple, it lacks everything and only produces distortion at higher volumes specially the front center 8 ohms speaker, my old speakers are relatively new but this is the 9 speakers system at its best, I don't recommend adding Subwoofers to a 9-speakers setup, it won't make a big change, go for a full upgrade, it worth.

Someone motioned in another thread that the bass from the doors speakers will make the side mirrors shakes, yes it is, I've felt the bass on my body while setting behind the steering wheel, it is loud enough and the quality of sound is superior even at the highest volume.

I live in Dubai and got a used subwoofer, speakers, and DSP from a local salvage yard, cost was around $350 in total.

Cheers.

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hey fellas, sorry to be late to the party.

but I have a 2019 Mustang GT Premium and I purchased the Sub, Bracket, carpet liner, plug leading to amp and blue connector in trunk and also the DSP Module from a part out car which was all previously installed on.

I swapped out the DSP Module and then added the sub and connecting it to the blue connector but it doesn’t seem the Sub is working, I feel little to no vibration when putting my hand on the Sub.

can anyone explain or walk me through a solution, I am very inexperienced with audio talk but I have read this forum from start to end and I’m still alittle confused on the terms some you knowledgeable guys are using.

any help is appreciated thanks!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey fellas, sorry to be late to the party.

but I have a 2019 Mustang GT Premium and I purchased the Sub, Bracket, carpet liner, plug leading to amp and blue connector in trunk and also the DSP Module from a part out car which was all previously installed on.

I swapped out the DSP Module and then added the sub and connecting it to the blue connector but it doesn’t seem the Sub is working, I feel little to no vibration when putting my hand on the Sub.

can anyone explain or walk me through a solution, I am very inexperienced with audio talk but I have read this forum from start to end and I’m still alittle confused on the terms some you knowledgeable guys are using.

any help is appreciated thanks!
How or what did you tap the “blue connector” into? Did you have that complete harness from trunk to dash to patch it into the body harness?

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
How or what did you tap the “blue connector” into? Did you have that complete harness from trunk to dash to patch it into the body harness?
Yes I have the complete harness, When I was removing the Sub and components from the part out vehicle I made sure to have the same connections on my vehicle

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yes I have the complete harness, When I was removing the Sub and components from the part out vehicle I made sure to have the same connections on my vehicle
Check your fuse panel. F5 (20A) is probably not installed because your car didn't come with the sub.
premium_sw_wiring-png.png

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
This is what I have, is the fuse there or can it be added? Sorry for the lack of intelligence appreciate the help

CDFC6AFC-30F6-4F77-9354-48ED170DCAE4.jpeg
It's there. Fuse 5 is the yellow one on the left about half way up.
Next thing is to start measuring voltages. Start at Fuse 05. See those little silver points on the fuse? You can put a probe there and check you have 12V on both sides of the fuse. Then if that's good, at the back on the connector that goes to the amp. See if you're getting the 12V there and getting the 6V for subwoofer enable.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if @JMontalban started with a 9-spkr system and never had the sub (or the now added factory harness for the sub), doesn’t he have to turn on or activate a software parameter in SYNC or the APIM using Forscan so it “sees” the sub?

I know vehicles that had the 9-spkr set up but had the optional sub harness already installed where already “ready” for just a plug-n-play by adding the sub and connecting the blue connector in the trunk.

However, I’m pretty certain he has to do some extra steps with Forscan in getting the sub recognized since his vehicle never had the sub OR the factory harness that he has now added.

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So if @JMontalban started with a 9-spkr system and never had the sub (or the now added factory harness for the sub), doesn’t he have to turn on or activate a software parameter in SYNC or the APIM using Forscan so it “sees” the sub?

I know vehicles that had the 9-spkr set up but had the optional sub harness already installed where already “ready” for just a plug-n-play by adding the sub and connecting the blue connector in the trunk.

However, I’m pretty certain he has to do some extra steps with Forscan in getting the sub recognized since his vehicle never had the sub OR the factory harness that he has now added.
Do you happen to know the steps to get it to recognize it? I have alittle bit of knowledge with forscan

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)