Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Unless it was "F0001" which was allocated to Bill Ford or possibly "F0036" which was sold to Jay Leno I am not aware of any 2015 GT350/R's that were delivered by Reliable Carriers or any other enclosed car carrier for that matter.

:)
Sponsored

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
Regardless of how it was delivered. Its in perfect condition.

She will spend the rest of her days getting driven like the engineers intended.

What a amazing machine I have perma grin from the first 50 miles

P.S.
I know that there is no front spitter on the car. Cant be installed till next Wednesday. (Was missing a side pc)
20200703_170454.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Lets cut the crap Harry. You are mad at me for a post that you took offense to due to misinterpretation.

How about we move forward and get along.

Virtual hand shake?
Very sorry to hear to see that you are taking offense to some of my posts which were certainly not meant to be derogatory towards you in any way and also very disappointing to hear that you consider many of my posts "crap".

Also, please don't preach to me on how you think that I feel and don't appreciate your comment in the least.

Going forward you can be rest assured that I will happily not respond to any of your future posts and am very happy to move on based on that scenario.

Lastly, good luck with your upcoming 2020 GT500 CFTP car as I know that it has been a long journey for you!:fingerscrossed:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Regardless of how it was delivered. Its in perfect condition.

She will spend the rest of her days getting driven like the engineers intended.

What a amazing machine I have perma grin from the first 50 miles

P.S.
I know that there is no front spitter on the car. Cant be installed till next Wednesday. (Was missing a side pc)
20200703_170454.jpg
L0052 looks terrific in your garage and great to hear that the unloading process went well and had no issues.

I am not sure if your drivers window still had the Yellow decal attached but in any event these GT350/R's are to be only loaded on the lower section of the truck only and also only in the last 3 positions towards the rear of the trailer.

The direction of these vehicles are to be pointing towards the rear of the truck whereas after looking at these same transport Yellow decals on the new GT500's everything is the same except that the GT500's are to be pointing towards the front of the truck which is exact opposite to the GT350/R OTR Yellow label shipping instructions.

I am sure those 50 miles home was an outstanding ride and just wait until you have it broke in and are able to start taking your car up to ~8,000+ RPM's in Track Mode.

That is a whole new experience!!

:like::like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Very sorry to hear to see that you are taking offense to some of my posts which were certainly not meant to be derogatory towards you in any way and also very disappointing to hear that you consider many of my posts "crap".

Also, please don't preach to me on how you think that I feel and don't appreciate your comment in the least.

Going forward you can be rest assured that I will happily not respond to any of your future posts and am very happy to move on based on that scenario.

Lastly, good luck with your upcoming 2020 GT500 CFTP car as I know that it has been a long journey for you!:fingerscrossed:
See, there you go misinterpreting my post again. I said let's cut the crap. So now you say its me calling your posts crap? Dude, what's up with you?

As for the 500? Its just a car. Its a shame two people who were friends had to let it come to this..... over nothing.....

Take care.

Sponsored

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
My Dealer called this morning and made my day with this: "Your car is here!" I was genuinely surprised since the ETA was 26 July. So, #1273/L0071 is safely home in Carolina. Overall, the car arrived fairly unscathed. There's a couple of tiny paint nicks that will have to be touched up at a later date along with the familiar rear bumper gap/alignment issue on the passenger side but the paint quality and stripes are appear flawless.
Badge.jpg

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
My Dealer called this morning and made my day with this: "Your car is here!" I was genuinely surprised since the ETA was 26 July. So, #1273/L0071 is safely home in Carolina. Overall, the car arrived fairly unscathed. There's a couple of tiny paint nicks that will have to be touched up at a later date along with the familiar rear bumper gap/alignment issue on the passenger side but the paint quality and stripes are appear flawless.
Badge.jpg
I was surprised also by the arrival mine was scheduled for 8-3-2020.

Dealership didn't even know about early arrival. Till I told them it was on the truck from rail yard.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Badge.jpg
How are you going to get the paint and panel gaps fixed? Just take it to a body shop and say "Here, fix this ?"

Im not at all experienced when it comes to this stuff. Im glad that you didnt have any issues. I am getting nervous about the paint and panel gaps.

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
How are you going to get the paint and panel gaps fixed? Just take it to a body shop and say "Here, fix this ?"

Im not at all experienced when it comes to this stuff. Im glad that you didnt have any issues. I am getting nervous about the paint and panel gaps.
I found the "defects" during the initial walk around and my sales rep wrote them up as delivery items. The small paint chips will be touched up and the bumper gap will be adjusted by a service technician. Unfortunately, the bumper cover to rear fender gap has grown after a few miles of local driving (engine break-in time) and will be covered under warranty. You can see in the picture what it currently looks like.

My recommendation for the acceptance inspection:
- Bring a friend to help. I was pretty ramped up and wanted to just jump in and drive it. Your friend can help keep you focused but also provide another of set of critical eyes.
- Use your phone/camera and video the whole car before you get started. Start at the front of the car and and walk around slowly, film the gaps, wheels, trim, roof, etc. This will help you later when you wonder was it like that before or did something change like my bumper cover gap.
- Bring a mini flashlight, it helps when looking at inner wheels and under the car. My dealer's "acceptance" area is shaded so it's difficult to see some areas of the car.
- Have a piece of paper and pen to write down each item your concerned with. I had a few things I wanted looked at (~8) but lost track of one (Duh!). I felt a bit foolish going back searching for something I saw and couldn't find it. ((I did find it (paint chip in the fender lip) AFTER I got the car home)) Then cross reference your list with the sales rep and make sure they have each one of your concerns documented.
- Start again at the front and slowly inspect the car. You're looking for paint defects (chips, runs, orange peel, texture, i.e. raised imperfections, etc.) Check the gaps, they should be consistent in width and aligned, i.e., one side recessed or extended from the other panel. Make sure the trim (badges, rocker panels, grills) are good. Look closely at the wheels and tires. Wheels should be scratch free and don't forget to check the entire wheel not just the outer spokes. Make sure the tires are defect free, no cuts or embedded foreign objects. (Once drive off the lot what ever was in the tire is now yours!)
- Once you have the outside covered, including looking under the car at each corner, open the hood and truck and film then inspect for obvious defects. (There's not to much that can go wrong but it's worth looking. Also, at my request the front splitter, Gurney Flap and camber plates (Handling Pack option) were sitting in the trunk.
- Once the outside it covered, get inside and check the interior, I checked the odometer to make sure it matched the paperwork (mine had 5 miles), check fit and finish of the trim, glass, and operate the windows (my driver's window squeals coming up).
- Now you should be ready for the test drive. Take your friend with you and have them listen for anything unusual. I will say the test drive is challenging for a few reasons, first, it's a high performance car and you need to concentrate on driving. Don't forget to toggle through the driving/suspension, exhaust and steering modes. Second, some sales reps like to "chat-up" the buyer or provide commentary on the equipment/options. That''s fine but I tend to focus on "feeling" the car, e.g., brakes, steering, engine sounds, shifts, etc. Tell your friend to take care of any small talk/chatter.

I'm sure this forum has some other expert inputs that can help you, just take a few deep breaths, concentrate and enjoy. It's an awesome car and just like Frado mentioned above, you'll have a grin from ear to ear driving it home!
Bumper cover fender gap Drivers side.jpeg

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Unless it was "F0001" which was allocated to Bill Ford or possibly "F0036" which was sold to Jay Leno I am not aware of any 2015 GT350/R's that were delivered by Reliable Carriers or any other enclosed car carrier for that matter.

:)
I went to the gym at 5 AM, then straight to the dealer at 6 AM the morning my 15 arrived. Not only was it delivered in an open trailer, but they just dropped it off in the middle of the dealers lot out in the open and left... I stayed by it until employees started arriving at 7 AM to make sure nothing happened to it...

Sponsored

MJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTR & 2004 Cobra 490 RWHP
Is there a heritage R still for sale at any dealer? All I can find is a private owner trying to flip for a 25K adm. I am willing to pay a more reasonable adm.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I went to the gym at 5 AM, then straight to the dealer at 6 AM the morning my 15 arrived. Not only was it delivered in an open trailer, but they just dropped it off in the middle of the dealers lot out in the open and left... I stayed by it until employees started arriving at 7 AM to make sure nothing happened to it...
Pretty incredible story and just goes to show you what can happen with these cool cars when no one is around.

How did you know that your car was being delivered that morning as that was pretty good reconnaissance on your part?

I like your color combination with it being Magnetic Metallic along with a Black roof and Black OTT stripes.

The only other 2015 Track Pack cars like yours were chassis # F0034 and F0045!

I am not sure if you recalled this but the 2015 GT350/R's all came with the Shelby GT350 car cover as standard equipment whereas starting in 2016 and on up the car covers were sold as an option and for additional cost for all GT350/R's.

:like::like:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
BC284FC6-FAE1-4DC1-B0C1-AE970C6E7A6A.jpeg
Has to be a matter of weeks now. Well ahead of the August 11 ETA
Not sure when your car left the FRAP but mine was loaded up last Thursday and this morning it was in Yard Center, Illinois and on is way to the local Phoenix rail yard some ~1,800 miles away.

Who knows as maybe our two cars as travelling on the same train or even the same rail car?

Congrats and not long now!!!

:clap::clap:

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Is there a heritage R still for sale at any dealer? All I can find is a private owner trying to flip for a 25K adm. I am willing to pay a more reasonable adm.
Yes, there are one or two available. But the only reason they're still available is the dealer holding out for big bucks. Eg. 1FA6P8JZ2L5551190 in Colorado, a forum member spoke to them last week and apparently they wanted $129,485.

Remember there only currently 60 in existence, some of which have not yet left the factory
Sponsored