Steeda New Product Release - Steeda Mustang Trunk Pop Kit

hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0
I too have problems with the alignment on the right/passenger side. It’s the no wing version. I hope Steeda find a solution or an adjustment guide to get this fixed.
E88B9A7E-A90E-4CB7-B258-8AB900D0B697.jpeg
5CD50061-CBB2-4D85-B310-F3AAB6FDE60B.jpeg
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Same here, and I just installed them last week. Passenger side is pushed upwards.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I just came across this thread and I too have the same problem with the passenger side trunk lid being pushed up. I do have the OEM struts so I can take before and after photos if anyone at Steeda wants to see them. I have the non spoiler struts even though I have a base GT500 with the a spoiler. The non spoiler struts lift up the trunk lid no problem.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
If possible, I would post the photos anyway. Merely my opinion :)

I just came across this thread and I too have the same problem with the passenger side trunk lid being pushed up. I do have the OEM struts so I can take before and after photos if anyone at Steeda wants to see them. I have the non spoiler struts even though I have a base GT500 with the a spoiler. The non spoiler struts lift up the trunk lid no problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I'm here & our team is trying to replicate what the customers are experiencing - they have not been able to replicate it.

I have the struts on my convertible & I don't have the issue either - they have inspected the struts & they are the same ones we have had in stock - nothing has changed.

Please post the photos - we would like to continue to research this.

TJ

hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0
I'm here & our team is trying to replicate what the customers are experiencing - they have not been able to replicate it.

I have the struts on my convertible & I don't have the issue either - they have inspected the struts & they are the same ones we have had in stock - nothing has changed.

Please post the photos - we would like to continue to research this.

TJ
Hi TJ

How can we solve the issue if you cannot replicate the problems we have? Can you advice on how to adjust the struts or do we need to take it to the workshop and talk to Ford about that? Or do you suggest a replacement?

It’s a great modification we cannot live with out :like:

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, here are my photos. Just took them right now. 2020 GT500 Steeda trunk struts (no spoiler ones).

IMG_1582.jpeg
IMG_1583.jpeg

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
My truck lid was misaligned on my vert before I put on the Steeda struts. It is the same after the new struts. The trunk lid can be adjusted a bit with the screws on the factory hinges, but not much. There wasn't enough adjustment to fully correct mine.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I tossed mine or I’d put back on.

Should we worry about bending from struts Or it’s purely being shifted out alignment no damage?

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I tossed mine or I’d put back on.

Should we worry about bending from struts Or it’s purely being shifted out alignment no damage?
I suspect in most cases, the trunk lid was wonky before the steeda install. They just didn't notice.

hindkjaer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 5.0
My original trunk struts were a perfect match before I installed the Steedas and now they are pretty quiet at Steeda. Hmmm....I am not that happy but will probably keep them on

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My original trunk struts were a perfect match before I installed the Steedas and now they are pretty quiet at Steeda. Hmmm....I am not that happy but will probably keep them on
If Steeda is quiet all it means is that they are investigating the issue and have nothing to tell us at this time. My 19” GT/CS has the heavy struts and appears to be just fine.
Sponsored