Steeda New Product Release - Steeda Mustang Trunk Pop Kit

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Was going to purchase these, but can someone tell me if these are returnable if I put them on and they make the lid stick up?
From their website....

Returns
Upon receiving you order open the packages and inspect the contents. Should there be an issue with your order please call us immediately. Whether we have made an error, experienced shipping damage, have a warranty claim, or simply wish to do an exchange, do not return any product without first contacting us. All returns regardless of reason require a return authorization number and must be done within 30 days of purchase, excluding warranty returns for items still within their allowed warranty period. Returns without an authorization will be refused and return shipping charges will be the responsibility of the customer. If there is damage to your shipment the shipping carrier must be contacted to file a damage claim. Please keep all packaging material and package contents as carriers typically return to inspect these items. All returns for refund or exchange must be in new, un-used condition in the original boxes and properly packaged for us to receive in undamaged, sellable condition.

Items returned for a refund are subject to a 20% restock fee. In some cases items sold by Steeda that are not manufactured by Steeda require warranty concerns be addressed through the original manufacturer. Please contact us first with your concerns as many times we can assist you directly. Special order items are not returnable or refundable. Items that are possibly defective must be returned within the manufacturer's warranty period. Some manufacturers require a great deal of information to accept a defective return. Please be prepared to provide specific information about your issues when contacting us in order to expedite resolution of your issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, this is what our team has found out - there is some adjustment on the hinge bolts.

You will want to loosen the lower hinge bolts, using a suitable pry tool, apply pressure between the lower hinge and body to separate the hinge (it may be stuck together with paint). Adjust the hinge to allow for proper trunk lid gap.

We are going to work on getting photos &/or video to show the proper adjustment.

Best Regards,

TJ

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
In the meantime, I'll keep the original struts (that I reinstalled) on. I am having serious buyer's remorse with this one, especially with a 20% (ouch) restocking charge.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
In the meantime, I'll keep the original struts (that I reinstalled) on. I am having serious buyer's remorse with this one, especially with a 30% (ouch) restocking charge.
I believe that since this product is causing some unintentional issues with our cars (not mine) it would be in Steeda’s best interest to waive the restocking fee.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
In the meantime, I'll keep the original struts (that I reinstalled) on. I am having serious buyer's remorse with this one, especially with a 30% (ouch) restocking charge.
Imagine if you had tossed out your OEM ones prior to driving your car for the first times of the season and discovering a new decklid rattle, as I did.....

Last edited:

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have any rattle

I’m looking foreword to the adjustment video

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
TJ, do you think the hinge bolt trick will fix this large of a gap. Notice difference in left and right side. Would you be willing to let me exchange it for a No Wing lift?
Left Side Trunk Gap 2.jpg
Left Side Trunk Gap 1.jpg
Right Side of Trunk.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Holy horseshit panel fit, Batman.

I'd settle for my stock ones back....if anyone wants to swap a set of stockers for my Steeda units, hit me up.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
TJ, do you think the hinge bolt trick will fix this large of a gap. Notice difference in left and right side. Would you be willing to let me exchange it for a No Wing lift?
Left Side Trunk Gap 2.jpg
Left Side Trunk Gap 1.jpg
Right Side of Trunk.jpg
I just talked to our team that did the adjustment - they said it should. Try it & if it doesn't work, we'll be happy to exchange it.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you tried the adjustment & you are still not happy with the result of the adjustment - please contact me at [email protected]

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Where are the adjustment video? Link please. I havnt seen anything yet

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where are the adjustment video? Link please. I havnt seen anything yet
Are team is working on them - hopefully we'll have something soon.

TJ

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. Will try it out.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I will wait for the video and give it a try. I really want them to work out.
Sponsored