Sponsored

Time to upgrade to a Fuel system, here is what I’m considering.

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That’s cool for you and your budget, but with all due respect, one man can’t tell another man to buy something that cost more then what he wants to spend..
This is true, but he has a point. I just had to buy another fuel system because i thought my dual pump set up was enough. Now im crying twice.
Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
This is true, but he has a point. I just had to buy another fuel system because i thought my dual pump set up was enough. Now im crying twice.
at what point did your dual pump setup run out of steam? I’m thinking about dropping a couple of pulley sizes but I’m wondering if I’ll have enough fuel with my dual 450’s

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
That’s cool for you and your budget, but with all due respect, one man can’t tell another man to buy something that cost more then what he wants to spend..
If you don't have the money for a proper fuel system then why ask the internet for advice? I'm not trying to sound like a dick but fuel is the last place that you want to cut corners.

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
at what point did your dual pump setup run out of steam? I’m thinking about dropping a couple of pulley sizes but I’m wondering if I’ll have enough fuel with my dual 450’s
I dropped a couple pulley sizes as well and ran out right around 800 wheel. I started leaning out above 7200 rpm. this was on the Sai Li's dual pump kit.

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't have the money for a proper fuel system then why ask the internet for advice? I'm not trying to sound like a dick but fuel is the last place that you want to cut corners.
Ahh.. so the question is who decides whats proper for me you or me? What I read from your post is there is only one way to go and that’s the way you went. But in the real world there are multiple goals for each of us and also multiple ways to get there. It should Already be clear to you that my goals are not the same as yours. I shouldn’t have to tell you this, but apparently your having trouble grasping this fact....

Last edited:

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I dropped a couple pulley sizes as well and ran out right around 800 wheel. I started leaning out above 7200 rpm. this was on the Sai Li's dual pump kit.
I had this same pump and the same problem at 800 wheel. I swapped the pumps in that module for two walbro 455’s and have been good since . I’m thinking about going for around 900 wheel and I’m thinking at that point I’ll probably need a third pump

Spoolingitup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 TT vert, 2011 GT vert, 1991 5.0 vert,1970 M1
I ordered the VMP kit almost 2 months ago and still waiting for it to complete my build. Double check when you order to see how long the wait is or you’ll be disappointed. I hope the VMP PaP KIT ends up worth it.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
So your gonna wait? Its gonna be a while ya know.. When i spoke to roadheavers the guy told me he has 6 kits ordered waiting on parts, he said it could be months before they’re filled. Your looking at fall time before You see something. I’m ordering my Vmp fuel system at the end of this week.
I am going to wait and that is the fuel system plus !D1050X Injectors that Shaun wants to tune my 2017 Whipple Stage 2 for E85.I live in Salem,Or and I going to take my car to him and tune it on the dyno.

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the VMP kit almost 2 months ago and still waiting for it to complete my build. Double check when you order to see how long the wait is or you’ll be disappointed. I hope the VMP PaP KIT ends up worth it.
Thanks for the info. I’m gonna call them Today and see whats up. Have you spoke with someone in regards to why its taking so long? The Pap is one of the major reasons why i like this kit.

Spoolingitup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
They have been saying it’s because of Covid but I called them a couple of weeks ago and he said something about waiting for a shipment of buckets. I haven’t been pleased because of the wait and because they have been hard to get ahold of at times and nobody sends me any updates. My car has been down now for like seven weeks, Hellion built and delivered a whole twin kit, American Muscle delivered the exhaust and axles, Beefcake Racing delivered a driveshaft, UPR delivered the catch can and it’s all being held up by some fittings, lines, pumps and rails. Like I said, I hope it comes in soon and works great or I will have plenty to say about VMP.

Sponsored

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
They have been saying it’s because of Covid but I called them a couple of weeks ago and he said something about waiting for a shipment of buckets. I haven’t been pleased because of the wait and because they have been hard to get ahold of at times and nobody sends me any updates. My car has been down now for like seven weeks, Hellion built and delivered a whole twin kit, American Muscle delivered the exhaust and axles, Beefcake Racing delivered a driveshaft, UPR delivered the catch can and it’s all being held up by some fittings, lines, pumps and rails. Like I said, I hope it comes in soon and works great or I will have plenty to say about VMP.
Sai Li said he is also having parts delayed and having a hard time getting kits out on time. My kit took about a month to ship and that was after telling him to just ship what he has and i will scrounge up the rest. My local shop said that getting pumps had been very difficult for them. I understand your frustration with VMP but these are strange times and it may very well be outside of their control. The lack of customer service is where I can understand the frustration, that is well within their control and during these times need to be on top of their customer service game.

Spoolingitup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I asked them to send me what they can as well....Who would have thought there would be a nation wide shortage on pumps

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I called VMP today they are still backed up and have no idea when parts will be in. He said they have about 10 orders to fill before they get to a new order... I called lethal the only thing that's holding their kit up are the Walbro 465 high-pressure pumps they have everything else. he says will be getting the pumps 2 weeks, I may have to go this route...

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, I called VMP today they are still backed up and have no idea when parts will be in. He said they have about 10 orders to fill before they get to a new order... I called lethal the only thing that's holding their kit up are the Walbro 465 high-pressure pumps they have everything else. he says will be getting the pumps 2 weeks, I may have to go this route...
Everything in Lethal's kit is quality. I didn't buy a Fore because I got a triple pump system for less than what I would have gotten from a Fore Dual Setup. Fragola pre-cut lines so you don't have to assemble your own lines or pay more to have them installed because it takes time to assemble them. It's about as plug and play as you can get. I would suggest that or the DW hat (X-series)? Fore is a great kit, but it does seem to cost more than other options.
I don't hate on products I don't know about, but they all will get you to the same spot, as most of them with hats use aftermarket walbro pumps (even the DW hat can use walbro) so it's really the mechanism that gets you there and the setup. Don't be afraid to get what it is that you need for your setup. If there was a lot of people who had problem with a brand, you'd hear about it. people nowadays seem eager to voice displeasure with something.

Earlier posted mentioned a Second "FPCM" I'm guessing you all meant "FPDM" Fuel Pump Driver Module. Why use two?

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Everything in Lethal's kit is quality. I didn't buy a Fore because I got a triple pump system for less than what I would have gotten from a Fore Dual Setup. Fragola pre-cut lines so you don't have to assemble your own lines or pay more to have them installed because it takes time to assemble them. It's about as plug and play as you can get. I would suggest that or the DW hat (X-series)? Fore is a great kit, but it does seem to cost more than other options.
I don't hate on products I don't know about, but they all will get you to the same spot, as most of them with hats use aftermarket walbro pumps (even the DW hat can use walbro) so it's really the mechanism that gets you there and the setup. Don't be afraid to get what it is that you need for your setup. If there was a lot of people who had problem with a brand, you'd hear about it. people nowadays seem eager to voice displeasure with something.

Earlier posted mentioned a Second "FPCM" I'm guessing you all meant "FPDM" Fuel Pump Driver Module. Why use two?
I called lethal again they said if I order it now they'll send everything except pumps and they will ship the pumps as soon as they come in. he said i will have the pumps in 10 days or less. Question, does the hat come preassembled with the pumps or do you have to assemble the pumps yourself?
Sponsored