1st Mods on 2020 GT500

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Pretty slick, Andy and at first, I assumed they were fake CF but obviously, they're not.

Even so, forty-five bones is a bit much for the cup holder. :-)
In fairness, there appears to be 3 pieces, and what is the going price for 2 more cobras?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Pretty slick, Andy and at first, I assumed they were fake CF but obviously, they're not.

Even so, forty-five bones is a bit much for the cup holder. :-)
KB,
It's a good thing you circled Jim Owens, I spent 5 minutes staring at cleavage before I noticed the circle.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Consideration--They look nice, but if you have drinks in the car, the cup holder inserts will be covered up, so you lose any aesthetic value. Otherwise, you only see them when you look down into the cup holder. Different story for the front console one.

Although I have a CF dash, I found these more helpful from the practical standpoint of reducing annoying NVH from coins and nick knacks we tend to put in those spots when driving. The ones for the door compartments are especially useful:
https://www.amazon.com/Auovo-Mustang-Compartment-Interior-Accessories/dp/B07T239C16

Just one viewpoint.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I received my 1320 Junkie WD152 CAI (Ford Performance Blue) today

26.jpg

27.JPG

28.JPG

29.jpg

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Got my custom aluminum caps in today. Had them painted Performance Blue with black lettering. I didn't like the way the oil cap looked with the filler extension so I removed it. Now the cap fits closer against the valve cover and looks better in my opinion. The large cap just doesn't look good at the end of that extension. While it may not look like it in the photos because of the lighting, the color matches the car perfectly.

IMG_1239500.jpg
IMG_1241500.jpg

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The filler cap (or valve cover) extension is an interesting piece. It was not on early, development cars but then showed up on production units without explanation.

Was the extension threaded into place Mark?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The filler cap (or valve cover) extension is an interesting piece. It was not on early, development cars but then showed up on production units without explanation.

Was the extension threaded into place Mark?
It's a twist and lock type install. I almost took mine off, but I like the way my screw in funnel extends out past the fuse panel with the extension, so I decided to keep it. Looks good either way to me.

3.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
VERY nice, Mark.

Can't tell for sure but I'm guessing those were laser cut like Kevin's Start Buttons?

And Jaime, I hear ya on the extension and oil changes. But, I think Mark's looks better without it and if I get some caps, I will do the same and just put the extension back in when needed.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
VERY nice, Mark.

Can't tell for sure but I'm guessing those were laser cut like Kevin's Start Buttons?

And Jaime, I hear ya on the extension and oil changes. But, I think Mark's looks better without it and if I get some caps, I will do the same and just put the extension back in when needed.
I hear ya buddy, I'm about the extension. I t doesn't bother me either way.

Those caps are from RPI Design, I had those (in red) on my last car. They do a great job, I really like them. The black you see is raised, not laser cut.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The black you see is raised, not laser cut.
Interesting and after a closer examination, I see it, Jaime. It almost looks like the black text and icons are on a circular, transparent decal before the clear coat is applied. Mark, is there a slight ring almost at the edge? Can't tell for sure from the excellent photos but it looks like it might be there.

Nice caps and I wonder if they would take a custom design? Hmmm...

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Morning, seems like everyone here is answering the questions about the caps since I was late getting on. While it might make is a bit easier to fill with oil, that really does not happen very often and I have an oil filler with a long neck so not an issue. I don't mind the extension at all with the OEM cap that is no larger in diameter than the extension but when you replace it with a cap that is much larger, it looks really out of place at the end of the extension so that is why I removed it and yes it screws in with the same thread that the cap has. It does not just unscrew easily though. It has a catch on the threads so you have to use channel locks or some other tool to forcefully remove it. Can't be done by hand or at least mine couldn't.

They are not laser cut like Jaime said but they do not have any edge around them and do not look like they were a sticker at all. The coating of paint is very thick and the letters are slightly raised and looks like a clear coat over the entire thing. The brake and two coolant caps fit perfectly over the OEM caps and very snug. They give you velcro in case you want to do that but I didn't need to. The windshield washer fluid cap comes with a replacement OEM plastic cap that is perfectly round that fits on our tank taking the place of the OEM cap we have that is not round. It also came with a new OEM oil cap that has a larger head for their cap. Unfortunately, the new cap does not fit into the valve cover or extension. While it is a Ford OEM cap, it is slightly larger in diameter. So I had to do some fabricating as usual. I cut the tab off the head of our OEM cap (the part where you twist it off with your fingers) so that it is flat. Then I cut the threaded part off of the new OEM cap they supplied. Then had to route out the inside of the new cap to so our cap would fit inside snugly then glued the two together. Then installed the painted cap on top like the others. Not sure if all that makes sense and I did not take photos of this but I can take one of the final cap if someone wants.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to mention KB, they may take a custom design. I told them I wanted the oil cap to read SAE 5-50 and there was an extra charge for that. These caps are not cheap at all but then it's not like I could make them.