Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is on all the time and works flawlessly. The only time it doesn't blip is at really low speeds if I'm going from 2nd to 1st. Mostly in parking lot situations.
2 > 1, I read in a no, above 5 mph, it can be done, not recommended ,

The RPM rise just before moving ........................ killed that, drive a standard transmission just fine.

Took the coupe out today, driving and thinking i'm missing 2 gears. LOL
Car feels loose and a bit squirrely compared to the GT. Not unexpected, about the same power band, different torque range.

If it isn't blipping perhaps you aren't dropping into the right gear. It is possible you are either too high or too low and the ECU is saying "nope".

Too Hi /Too low ......You missed one, if the RPM and speed is matched. No blip can occur, you are at what's known as the sweet spot. Can push the stick into gear without using a clutch.

pep
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's also possible the rev-match algorithm has a time limit, like if you wait a bit too long, it disables that rev-match. However, if the rev-match square is getting unchecked itself, then it's most likely a software issue, since the feature works when reactivated by you. Most of the dash functions are regulated by the APIM first. If that's the case (I don't know), you could try a soft reset first (stereo power button and forward arrow at the same time for 2 seconds). Next, I'd try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so, and immediately depressing the brake pedal, to discharge any voltage left in the system. After 10 minutes, reconnect it. If it's just an electronic gremlin, that should clear it. If problem persists, then you'd have to take it to a dealer. Oh, another recommendation is to check codes in FORScan, to make sure there're none. Good luck.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There’s no reason for it to be turning off automatically. You should take it into Ford to be looked at.

I also own a 19 GT and when I bought it I was like “ah cool this little novelty feature is cute but I won’t use it.” Ha! It’s become one of my favorite features. And I’m an experienced manual driver.
I concur. I've been driving stick for years but having the car rev match downshifts for you is amazing because you never have to worry about having an off day and mismatching it a bit and looking like a noob. 0 clutch wear ever as well, lol.

But mine has never turned itself off so that's definitely some error.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
Add me to the list who said they would turn it off but actually loves it. I've been driving a stick for 30 years and it just works..every time. Mine has never once turned itself off. I run my car in all of the modes but mostly stay in Sport+ or Track mode. It has always worked regardless of mode.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's also possible the rev-match algorithm has a time limit, like if you wait a bit too long, it disables that rev-match. However, if the rev-match square is getting unchecked itself, then it's most likely a software issue, since the feature works when reactivated by you. Most of the dash functions are regulated by the APIM first. If that's the case (I don't know), you could try a soft reset first (stereo power button and forward arrow at the same time for 2 seconds). Next, I'd try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so, and immediately depressing the brake pedal, to discharge any voltage left in the system. After 10 minutes, reconnect it. If it's just an electronic gremlin, that should clear it. If problem persists, then you'd have to take it to a dealer. Oh, another recommendation is to check codes in FORScan, to make sure there're none. Good luck.
You make a very good point in regards to depressing the brake peddle, discharging the system voltage.

Same is done on a server, when power cycling the chassis. Using the power on button, held down for 10 sec. once the power cords are removed.

Also the timing of holding the clutch in a bit too long. Before moving the stick, not thought of, makes sense .

:thumbsup:

Drive sport+ mode 100%, great ride, feels like you're a part of the car. Track is great for tracking lap times road race and the launch control for drag.

This Mustang is one killer car, did I mention kick ass LOL

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Anyone else find the car is giving way too much throttle on the downshift such that it's overly loud? It's the kind of throttle input I'd give if I was going down 2 gears, not 1.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Good morning.

I recently purchased a 19’ Mustang GT manual transmisión. I love it in every way. There is one issue though, sometimes the auto rev matching will turn off without me knowing and I’ll have to manually heel toe to down shift. Which isn’t a problem until you have to down shift really quickly to avoid an accident and the car spins the rear wheels because you didn’t rev match.
It's at least possible that if you'd happened to tap the throttle yourself while downshifting - especially under a hurried situation - or just caught it with the side of your foot, that active rev-match drops out for that individual event. No idea if that would kick ARM off entirely.

Depending on what gear you're suddenly dropping down into (2nd?), taking your right foot straight from the brake to WOT before the clutch is fully re-engaged might be enough to get tire spin. Especially if you've turned TC off. I can see where being in a big hurry might result in this happening even with the ARM having done its thing.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I concur. I've been driving stick for years but having the car rev match downshifts for you is amazing because you never have to worry about having an off day and mismatching it a bit and looking like a noob.
That may well be true . . . as long as all of your stick-shift cars have this feature. If they don't, sooner or later you'll screw up the downshift on one of the cars that doesn't have it.

Norm

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I concur. I've been driving stick for years but having the car rev match downshifts for you is amazing because you never have to worry about having an off day and mismatching it a bit and looking like a noob. 0 clutch wear ever as well, lol.

But mine has never turned itself off so that's definitely some error.
Funny thing is that I had no idea this was an option on 2019+ so when I was car shopping I was originally focused on a 2018.

I test drove it and shifted like I’ve always done.

When I saw the 2019 I ended up buying we test drove it first and when I downshifted to turn into the dealer lot I couldn’t figure out why the hell the car was doing that. And the salesman was a brand new kid so he didn’t know either. It wasn’t until I looked it up in the sales office did I know why it did that.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Is the rev matching controlled by software in the apim that's attached to the stereo head unit?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Anyone else find the car is giving way too much throttle on the downshift such that it's overly loud?
You can control the loudness with the exhaust mode (on AEs), but that's irrelevant. The ARM does its job absolutely perfectly man. That's the way it needs to be done. And ARM does it flawlessly every time. You can do it manually starting a bit earlier than ARM, with a little less aggressive throttle, but you still need to raise the revs where they need to be.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That may well be true . . . as long as all of your stick-shift cars have this feature. If they don't, sooner or later you'll screw up the downshift on one of the cars that doesn't have it.

Norm
Luckily this is the only one I have, but I definitely see your point.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hmmm come to think of it, I can never think of a time when mine didn't blip throttle on downshifts.....oh well, guess I drive when I drive.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Norm

Manually syncing speed and RPM, is second nature to the experienced . With that said no one hits the mark every time, not street or traffic driving. Dedicated driving such as a course, down shift points are predetermined and expected as you make your way around .

Screw ups, seems to me that can be manage quite easily. AKA being familiar with the hardware driven .

Last edited:

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
So, if I want to turn this rev matching feature off, how do I do it?
Sponsored