Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Sure! For us, Day one was just as pilotgore describes in his videos. It is made to be enjoyable to drivers of all experience levels. As someone who has autocrossed for over 30 years and have done several track days, I really enjoyed it, especially trying out the different modes in a track setting. My wife also did both days in the GT and she is pretty new to it all and although she is comfortable driving a manual she struggled with the heel/toe and found the skid car enlightening.

The 2nd day is more focused on learning the line and developing a smooth technique. All of the sessions are on the track, typically two lead/follow and one open with point-by passing only in designated zones. The first session is an acceleration/braking exercise with heel/toe. For the afternoon they try to group up the faster drivers and at one point our group passed another group all together. As I mentioned the GT's are not stock and I felt they were much quicker than my relatively stock '15 GT PP1 was. Getting instruction in the helmet during the lead/follow was great on both days. Their instructors (same group for both days) were outstanding.

Here is video of last couple of laps of the last session from Day 2. I was really pushing the braking zones to the point where it was slowing me down a lot on corner exit speed so they weren't the fastest laps I had done that day.
Sponsored

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Awesome, thank you!

The videos on YouTube of the day 1 activities looks like medium speed follow the leader, whereas your day 2 video above looks like you are able to push it a bit. Would you say that is accurate?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Awesome, thank you!

The videos on YouTube of the day 1 activities looks like medium speed follow the leader, whereas your day 2 video above looks like you are able to push it a bit. Would you say that is accurate?
It didn’t seem like half speed to me, especially while I was directly behind the leader. Even when you were last in line we were still driving at 95-100% while on the road course, but they did hold us back a on the straights due to impending bus stops.

I checked the time of GEARZ first lap in the video vs a random lap of mine from the second session of the day in the 350. I used entering the road course crossing the blue paint as the start time. Gearz lap time was ~2:15. My time was 2:27 in lead-follow and I was off throttle for 8 second during the change-up on roval turn 1. Although the perception may be that it was significantly faster the numbers say 2:15 on day 2 in a GT vs 2:19 in the 350 (removing the change-up) during lead follow. Not trying to be argumentative in any way/shape/form , but I don’t think it was significantly different.

Gearz may have a different opinion since he actually did both days and I did not. Also, I’d be curious what Gearz lap times were in the 350’s on day one. That would be a much better comparison than what I just offered.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
We definitely went faster on Day 2 but some of that was because we were more comfortable on the track. On Day 1 lead/follow we were pushing pretty good on the in-field sections but on the oval the instructor would keep us to around 110 max, partly to let the people doing the sequence change get caught up and also just to keep the top speed down. The GT350 certainly picked up speed faster than the GT but on the infield I'd say they were similar.

There is a left-hand bend right before the cross-over bridge where the exhaust echos off both walls and just sounds amazing - even better when it's a group. That never got old.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
It didn’t seem like half speed to me, especially while I was directly behind the leader. Even when you were last in line we were still driving at 95-100% while on the road course, but they did hold us back a on the straights due to impending bus stops.

I checked the time of GEARZ first lap in the video vs a random lap of mine from the second session of the day in the 350. I used entering the road course crossing the blue paint as the start time. Gearz lap time was ~2:15. My time was 2:27 in lead-follow and I was off throttle for 8 second during the change-up on roval turn 1. Although the perception may be that it was significantly faster the numbers say 2:15 on day 2 in a GT vs 2:19 in the 350 (removing the change-up) during lead follow. Not trying to be argumentative in any way/shape/form , but I don’t think it was significantly different.

Gearz may have a different opinion since he actually did both days and I did not. Also, I’d be curious what Gearz lap times were in the 350’s on day one. That would be a much better comparison than what I just offered.
Sadly I didn't spring for the video/data on Day 1. I think my best lap on Day 2 was a 2:12 but the top speed was about the same - just a lot cleaner and smoother, and I don't think I was the fastest guy there by any means. I agree that the leader/instructor didn't really hold back too much if you showed you could keep up except for the high speed parts.

They weren't recording times and it wasn't a competition (doesn't mean I wasn't trying to catch the next guy) but the focus for Day 1 was learning the GT350 and getting comfortable with it on the track, Day 2 was more about performance driving and learning the line. Both were great fun and for me it meant checking the "attend a racing school" box on the bucket list.

Sponsored

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Thanks a ton, guys.

Last question, Is it 3 track sessions on day 1 and also just 3 sessions on day 2?

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Thanks a ton, guys.

Last question, Is it 3 track sessions on day 1 and also just 3 sessions on day 2?
It was just like the 2-day course described on the FPRS website: https://www.fordperformanceracingschool.com/2-day-school/

Except we used the full roval for the first day. The hairpin course for the morning of the 2nd day was still fun. It was a little wet on the morning of Day 2 so that may have been a factor where they might use the full roval for dry days - guessing, I'm not sure.

Haas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
So I just got my owners supplement for my gt350. Weirdly there was no track attack brochure or anything in it. Is this likely just an error or are they delaying sending those because of the virus?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So I just got my owners supplement for my gt350. Weirdly there was no track attack brochure or anything in it. Is this likely just an error or are they delaying sending those because of the virus?
Only way to be sure is to call them. If you don't get through, recommend emailing as well, while continuing to call from time to time. You don't need the brochure. Just need your VIN.

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Mine came in a letter shortly after the kit arrived.

Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Mine was inside the box, like a little certificate/voucher.

And then a few weeks later I also got a letter in the mail about it.

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Does anyone know if they'll still be holding the course for GT350s in 2021 since it looks like 2020 is the last model year for the car? I'm not expecting to take delivery of my car until summer.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Does anyone know if they'll still be holding the course for GT350s in 2021 since it looks like 2020 is the last model year for the car? I'm not expecting to take delivery of my car until summer.
They normally trail by one model year. So 2020's would get the slots in 2021. You only get 12 months to attend from date of purchase.

I was supposed to be flying out Wednesday the 29th for my two-day program but had to cancel due to all this COVID crap.

Hopefully the one-day school they shifted me to in October will work out.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks

Captian_Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 DELIVERED, 2020 GT350, 2005 GT Premium, 2012 Fiesta, 2015 GT Premium, 2017 F150 Lariat,
Just got a phone call from the Ford Racing in CLT. The May 26th - 28th 2day class was canceled due to nascar needing the track. (They act like they own the place or something). Got rescheduled for June the 16th - 18th. Was really looking forward to having something to do this month but guess I will just have to wait.
Sponsored