Anybody buy their GT500 from America's new #1 Ford Dealer

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 06 mustang drift car
Price point is relative. Some people have a higher price point than others, and some people are more able/willing/whatever than others to accept ADM. People have different reasons for acceptance of ADM, and that is their right.

Personally, I think its pretty crappy to attack people who pay ADM. If you don't like it, move on and keep your opinion to yourself.
Lol so me trying to help the guy save literally over $10k is attacking. That’s just ignorant, I can understand if it was a couple thousand difference then yeah sure go ahead and get the one you’ve already ordered, or even if it was a CFTP car in Cali the yeah sure go for if u got the money. But $25k over for a base??? Nah fam at that point I’ve gotta say something because he could literally find one clear across the country and do all the work to get it dropped at his doorstep and save over $10k. Idgaf who you are $10k is a nice chunk of change to save if possible. And the guy already said he’s a more frugal type so why not look for better options?? I’m sure his wife who made the order also wouldn’t mind saving 10k either. But nah I’m the bad guy lol... Sorry if I come across like a ahole but people that actually give in to these crooks of dealerships gets me heated and I have a right to express that opinion just as much as anyone else.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Kody: I believe it's your tone and the obvious way you feel about paying too much for something. Nothing wrong with the latter but when the former isn't right, people get offended. Your second response is a good example.

"That's just ignorant."

Now how would you feel if someone called you that? Offended? I'm gonna guess your answer would be "yes" but if not, well, so be it.

I'm simply trying to politely express the opinion that your posts come across as offensive and I'm pretty sure that's why Jaime said what he did.

That said, you most certainly do have the right to express your opinion, we still have the First Amendment last time I checked. However, with that right also comes the opinion of others.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Lol so me trying to help the guy save literally over $10k is attacking. That’s just ignorant, I can understand if it was a couple thousand difference then yeah sure go ahead and get the one you’ve already ordered, or even if it was a CFTP car in Cali the yeah sure go for if u got the money. But $25k over for a base??? Nah fam at that point I’ve gotta say something because he could literally find one clear across the country and do all the work to get it dropped at his doorstep and save over $10k. Idgaf who you are $10k is a nice chunk of change to save if possible. And the guy already said he’s a more frugal type so why not look for better options?? I’m sure his wife who made the order also wouldn’t mind saving 10k either. But nah I’m the bad guy lol... Sorry if I come across like a ahole but people that actually give in to these crooks of dealerships gets me heated and I have a right to express that opinion just as much as anyone else.
My post was blanket post to people who bust balls about ADM. They may not agree with it, and they don't have to. People who choose to pay ADM don't need the people who don't agree with it busting balls, just move on.

To your point, I think there is nothing wrong with trying to help someone save money.

Side note, its pretty hard to take you serious with that Avatar, lol.

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
My post was blanket post to people who bust balls about ADM. They may not agree with it, and they don't have to. People who choose to pay ADM don't need the people who don't agree with it busting balls, just move on.

To your point, I think there is nothing wrong with trying to help someone save money.

Side note, its pretty hard to take you serious with that Avatar, lol.
Well we all can’t just have car pictures for our avatars lol at least I actually show myself. I think I’ve explained my reasoning well enough now. Like I said I’m free to bust balls as I see fit just as you’re free to disagree. And no it takes more than saying “I’m ignorant” to offend me lol. It’s the internet and ppl are ruthless. If you don’t have thick skin then you might as well get out while u still can. At the end of the day I just hate seeing these greedy dealerships get the best of people, regardless of how much those people are willing to spend. Charging $20k+ over for a car that was designed to be a semi-affordable “super car” and putting it out of reach for most people is just wrong.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Where I bought my '17 wants $137000 CAD, everything in for the GT500. Good price?
Sounds like my deal... 1 now own one at $136,xxx

Do I think its a "good price", no, but it is what I was willing to pay.

Purchased it in Edmonton, where are you shopping?

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well we all can’t just have car pictures for our avatars lol at least I actually show myself. I think I’ve explained my reasoning well enough now. Like I said I’m free to bust balls as I see fit just as you’re free to disagree. And no it takes more than saying “I’m ignorant” to offend me lol. It’s the internet and ppl are ruthless. If you don’t have thick skin then you might as well get out while u still can. At the end of the day I just hate seeing these greedy dealerships get the best of people, regardless of how much those people are willing to spend. Charging $20k+ over for a car that was designed to be a semi-affordable “super car” and putting it out of reach for most people is just wrong.
Your distain for the practicing of ADM should lie with the stealerships, not the people who are buying them. Absolutely 100% of us would avoid ADM if we could. Going one step further, we ALL would like to pay less than MSRP had we had a choice. We all do not have the luxury. I know some people were able to secure an MSRP deal, and that is proof of a good dealership. There are NOT enough good dealerships across the USA to provide us all a car without ADM, and the majority of us had to play the game to get one. Some paid more than others, but this is a decision they make on their own, and is not up for approval by others. Period.

I disagree with your above comment. People have the ability to stop being internet assholes, what they lack is the capacity. Why should someone "have" to have thick skin? Shouldn't it be that people need to keep their mouths shut more often? Wouldn't this be the better approach? I wasn't born yesterday, I get how it works, I know this is a futile statement. its a shame what people are doing to ruin things. Video killed the radio star, but people are killing the Internet forum, one day at at a time.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Kody, you are not offending me and your point of view is valid.

KB, your avatars make my visits here much better, can't wait to see what you put together next.

All, my ADM sucks as we can all agree to that and I wondered if anyone was able to wedge any goodies from their dealer?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

KB, your avatars make my visits here much better, can't wait to see what you put together next.

All, my ADM sucks as we can all agree to that and I wondered if anyone was able to wedge any goodies from their dealer?
Unfortunately there is not any certainty when it comes to haggling. I think your best approach is to be honest with them, and not to go back and forth with your statements. Most people are paying 5-10k, not 25k. Express your feelings of this extremely high asking, and let them know that you have begun searching for a better deal. I think you will have to feel them out after this discussion, and choose your best avenue. Tell them you really don't want to pay more than $_ _ _ _ _ and see what they say.

Jaime

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)

Well I’m glad at least you get it. And I wanna clarify I’m not expressing my distain towards people who end up paying the ADM but the dealerships that really show their true colors by asking such ridiculous mark up on these car and take advantage of people who in most cases just don’t know any better. I honestly just want to understand their logic and if possible help them get a better deal. SEERED, are you on Facebook??? If not you might have luck joining to find a better deal on a car with much less ADM, I literally have seen at least 3 base cars with good options for $10k over just in the past 3-4 days. I’d recommend joining the groups 2020+ Shelby GT500-Mod motor mustangs, 2020+ Shelby GT500s, and 2020+ Shelby GT500 owners to see what’s available and best suits you.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I’m glad at least you get it. And I wanna clarify I’m not expressing my distain towards people who end up paying the ADM but the dealerships that really show their true colors by asking such ridiculous mark up on these car and take advantage of people who in most cases just don’t know any better. I honestly just want to understand their logic and if possible help them get a better deal. SEERED, are you on Facebook??? If not you might have luck joining to find a better deal on a car with much less ADM, I literally have seen at least 3 base cars with good options for $10k over just in the past 3-4 days. I’d recommend joining the groups 2020+ Shelby GT500-Mod motor mustangs, 2020+ Shelby GT500s, and 2020+ Shelby GT500 owners to see what’s available and best suits you.
This is good advice. I just recently saw a car a buddy of mine was looking for in that group. He was able to jump on it and cancel his previous deal, thus saving 5k, and getting a car immediately, and not still be waiting for an unscheduled car.

Last edited:

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
All this talk of ADM makes me super happy to have such a good relationship with my local dealership. I’ve been buying and referring my family to them for over a decade so when I asked for a allocation for MSRP they were more than happy oblige. That’s obviously not the case for everyone but I still hate seeing people get worked over on any level. I myself am waiting for a 2021 allocation but already have a deposit down and a written agreement for MSRP pricing.

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)

Snoopy just made a post about a unscheduled base car available in Cali for $5k over. Jump on it if you can and save yourself $20k!!!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have been buying ALL my vehicles from the same dealership for 30 years. Roughly 20 vehicles myself, and I sent them 50+ people over the years.

They were only getting one allocation, and unfortunately for me, the owner was keeping it for himself. They helped my by reaching out to other dealers, but none of them would sell at MSRP. In the end I made a deal that was a guarantee, and to not have to play the phone game, and hopefully strike a deal which I would have to hope, and pray would come to reality.

This is a once and a lifetime purchase for me. I had to have a 2020, and did what I felt was within my means to get one. I truly wish my dealer could have sold their car to me, but I played the cards I was given.

I hope your deal works out as you plan, and I wish everyone luck in getting one. In the end, do what you feel is right, for yourself.

:beer:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Very well said in all three posts, Jaime.

And Kody, you may chuckle as you see fit at the avatars but I assure you, few generate more laughs than yours.

Have a nice life.
Sponsored