Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi EI Jay,i also have the same cut out in the carpet on drivers side only.
Me too. I was only thinking last weekend that I must use some double sided tape to stick it down. I don't know it's relevance but it does look odd. My seat is way back so it is noticeable.
Sponsored

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Auto, 1942 Harley Davidson,1994 Custom Harley Softail
]Hi EI Jay,i also have the same cut out in the carpet on drivers side only.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here ! (2017 GT)

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Ok great, at least it's confirmed that the Queenslanders have this :) so it's probably an interesting part of the manufacturing process. Thanks guys!

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Hi EI Jay,i also have the same cut out in the carpet on drivers side only.
Yes we all seem to have it. There was mention of this a few years ago but I can't remember which thread it was in. Is this where one of the numbers is stamped?

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
It certainly does sound good, an a pretty affordable piece of kit too. I'm hoping it pairs well with the H Pipe that I currently have.

In other news I was giving the interior a bit of a clean, pulled out the front carpet mats and put the seats all the way back (very rare for me to do, I'm really short :frown:) and I found an interesting cutout of the carpeting on the driver's side. Does anyone else have something like this? It's only on the driver's side, its not cut on the passenger side at all.

20200220_075153.jpg
Will be keen to see what you think with the h pipe, been thinking about getting the roush h pipe but not sure because it sounds beautiful with the factory suitcase.

Don't worry about the carpet door, just has the build number, if it was left hand drive you may never have noticed. Just enjoy ..I have had this car 3 years and 40000km later love it like the first day I drove it

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Certainly I'll share my experience once I have it fitted. The only caveat is that I don't a Roush H Pipe though; the one I have was a custom one done up by the local exhaust shop.I did get this made slightly smaller than most I found off the shelf (2.25 inches vs 2.5 inches) as my intention was always to fit the Roush and I wasn't sure myself if it would be too loud or not.

It's going to be a painful couple of weeks now before I can get it fitted though, as I'm putting the car into the dealership this week to look into a creaking noise I get at the rear left quarter whenever I make left hand turns (it sounds like a loose enough bolt making something in the suspension rub slightly against something else). I don't want to get it installed before then just in case the cabin noise masks the creaking sound. Then I'm out of town the week after so no time to install it then either :frown:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Certainly I'll share my experience once I have it fitted. The only caveat is that I don't a Roush H Pipe though; the one I have was a custom one done up by the local exhaust shop.I did get this made slightly smaller than most I found off the shelf (2.25 inches vs 2.5 inches) as my intention was always to fit the Roush and I wasn't sure myself if it would be too loud or not.

It's going to be a painful couple of weeks now before I can get it fitted though, as I'm putting the car into the dealership this week to look into a creaking noise I get at the rear left quarter whenever I make left hand turns (it sounds like a loose enough bolt making something in the suspension rub slightly against something else). I don't want to get it installed before then just in case the cabin noise masks the creaking sound. Then I'm out of town the week after so no time to install it then either :frown:
Good luck with the creaking search. Just a thought, have you checked wheel bearing /hub? I had left rear replaced, I'd check, just jack car up, release handbrake and see if wheel wobble a bit

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Reactions: PKs

Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Arrived home to find a delivery awaiting me.

lb1.jpg

lb2.jpg

Available in three colours, naturally I chose red, these little guys help to prevent snagging a hose under wheels, a big pet peeve.

lb3.jpg
There awesome i have the yellow ones.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Arrived home to find a delivery awaiting me.

lb1.jpg

lb2.jpg

Available in three colours, naturally I chose red, these little guys help to prevent snagging a hose under wheels, a big pet peeve.

lb3.jpg
I can remember the good old days when we were allowed to wash the car with a hose and not be made to feel guilty.

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Good luck with the creaking search. Just a thought, have you checked wheel bearing /hub? I had left rear replaced, I'd check, just jack car up, release handbrake and see if wheel wobble a bit
Thanks for the hint; this doesn't seem to be the cause.

That's an...interesting reason. I'll be a little embarrassed if this is the problem! Mind you I don't have any aftermarket sound system parts.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That's an...interesting reason. I'll be a little embarrassed if this is the problem! Mind you I don't have any aftermarket sound system parts.
Sorry. I need a good emoji instead of just SMH. Was a a warning about how ridiculous an excuse a dealer could make for not fixing a problem.

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Ah gotcha - I would have at least raised an eyebrow if that was the "can't really find a problem" excuse given; or if they said rear blinker fluid was low :) The dealer I've been going to has been good so far, including a previous car (Fiesta with the awful Powershift transmission).

The problem looks to be solved for now. What they said they did was tighten all of the rear suspension bolts; after my test drive the sounds have stopped. This is going over speed bumps and turns that 100% caused the noises every time without fail, and now no problem, so I'll take their word for it. Even though it was a bit of a "spray and pray" try something and see if it works solution!
Sponsored