Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Car had its three year service yesterday (3 years and 18,445 km...) Here in Canberra. Social distance, latex free gloves and hand sanitiser compliant. The dealer came out and asked me where the exhaust came from ('oh your the guy with the nice sounding mustang'). The Service rep came out and took all the protective stuff out of the car and was very surprised because it looked 'brand new'. The car detailer in me smiled. Today his bath and clay day for Wylie (pics to follow). Keep safe and well all :like:

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Car had its three year service yesterday (3 years and 18,445 km...) Here in Canberra. Social distance, latex free gloves and hand sanitiser compliant. The dealer came out and asked me where the exhaust came from ('oh your the guy with the nice sounding mustang'). The Service rep came out and took all the protective stuff out of the car and was very surprised because it looked 'brand new'. The car detailer in me smiled. Today his bath and clay day for Wylie (pics to follow). Keep safe and well all :like:
Curious. What exhaust you have?

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
So I bought an AWE Touring exhaust. Bought through Scuderia Auto-Art in Sydney. The AWE brand is a US one that came into the pony car market about three years ago. Ordinarily they do Audi, BMW and Mercedes. I think they do Porsche as well but could stand to be corrected there.

I've had the exhaust for two years on the car and it is a very deep tone with zero drone. Puts a smile on my face every time I fire up the car.
IMG_0021.jpeg
IMG_0020.jpeg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Behold the full extent of my mechanical ability. After having the Mustang service a few weeks ago, the tech clearly doesn't have an eye for detail...........

IMG-4865.jpg
Actually, (s)he crawled up your fender on the other side and put the cap on while laying on the engine. So, it looked right to him/her.

Mick_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic
Hi Everyone, long time reader and now member...Hope you all are keeping well & safe.
Just had the Stinger S Type catback exhaust installed with chrome black tips (looks & sounds amazing), Roush CAI, Black badges package (just waiting on Black GT for deck-lid to arrive), Roush side scoops, Roush quarter window scoop, Roush hood strut kit, LED side markers in smoked, LED upgrade kit, Black lock nut set & Tune all via Mustang Motorsport. Great company to deal with and highly recommend if you need/want any work done to your car.
IMG_2209.jpg
IMG_2210.jpg
IMG_2211.jpg
IMG_2212.jpg
IMG_2213.jpg
IMG_2216.jpg
IMG_2217.jpg
IMG_2220.jpg

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
So I bought an AWE Touring exhaust. Bought through Scuderia Auto-Art in Sydney. The AWE brand is a US one that came into the pony car market about three years ago. Ordinarily they do Audi, BMW and Mercedes. I think they do Porsche as well but could stand to be corrected there.

I've had the exhaust for two years on the car and it is a very deep tone with zero drone. Puts a smile on my face every time I fire up the car.
IMG_0021.jpeg
IMG_0020.jpeg
Agree Paul, the AWE Touring is essential listening.

First drive in a week. Of course it was for essential items, it's tomato sauce making season.

287.jpg

Not quite a colour match.

288.jpg
Ahhhh...the traditional way of making Mustang tomato sauce. Crushed vs pureed is determined by entry/exit speed and roundabout dimensions. I find about .9g on the g-meter and five medium sized roundabouts is adequate. Vary g's to achieve best consistency. Warning: A boot liner/plastic tub is essential, trap for first timers.

Behold the full extent of my mechanical ability. After having the Mustang service a few weeks ago, the tech clearly doesn't have an eye for detail...........

IMG-4865.jpg

Well, we can't have that!

IMG-4866.jpg

Feeling much better now! :cwl:
A small inconsequential mistake, but that would actually p me off a bit. It's so obvious I'd have to wonder if the tech was concentrating / taking any pride in their work.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
It's very quite in the Aussie section at the moment. Today I spent a few hours of my afternoon detailing the Mustang, a great chance to get out of the house and bask in the beautiful autumn sun.

apr162.jpg

apr164.jpg

I took this crummy pic as a reminder of just being happy, healthy and enjoying the moment.

apr166.jpg

Take care. :sunglasses:

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
It's very quite in the Aussie section at the moment. Today I spent a few hours of my afternoon detailing the Mustang, a great chance to get out of the house and bask in the beautiful autumn sun.

apr162.jpg

apr164.jpg

I took this crummy pic as a reminder of just being happy, healthy and enjoying the moment.

apr166.jpg

Take care. :sunglasses:
And you too.

Quick question - what is the product you are using and which brand of microfibre are you using. Yours is one of the most immaculate mustangs I have seen. Great Job

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I bought some Gyeon ceramic products April 2019 and was just waiting for a pandemic (or an empty garage) to do the deed. Well the time has come.
IMG_20200404_132409.jpg
IMG_20200405_081746.jpg
IMG_20200416_142222.jpg
IMG_20200416_142045.jpg
Took all of easter to go through the various steps of prepping and coating. Gyeon Pure for ceramic base layer then Gyeon Booster then Gyeon Cure for the paintwork. Gyeon Trim on the external plastics and Gyeon View for the glass. Looks ok to me. Hope it lasts for a while. Total cost of $500 plus plenty of arm work. Plan on doing the wheels and engine bay with what product remains.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
And you too.

Quick question - what is the product you are using and which brand of microfibre are you using. Yours is one of the most immaculate mustangs I have seen. Great Job
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot. :like:

The product pictured is NV Boost, a quick detailer that I occasionally use as a drying aid.
https://detailingshed.com.au/collections/concours/products/concours-boost

The Microfibre pictured doesn't seem to be available any more, however below is a close alternative.
https://detailingshed.com.au/collec...cts/eagle-edgeless-500?variant=18519631560761
Sponsored