Sponsored

Centrifugals and Low End Torque

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Did some checking on the Pro-Charger HO kit with a P1X. This would be a good deal from someone like Beefcake.

I may be going out on a limb here, but adding the GT350 inlet pipe to straighten out the air to the MAF, then I am "contemplating" welding a Wastegate into the cold side piping, like the beefcake torque booster with a 10# spring, and pulley for 13#'s.

Have a reputable tuner about an hour away with a dyno.
Pretty sure all the new kits come with the gt350 pipe. I wouldn't mess with that wastegate shit. I've been 9.80 at 141 on pump gas with a P1SC. No wastegate. Why make your setup more complicated that it needs to be?
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Did some checking on the Pro-Charger HO kit with a P1X. This would be a good deal from someone like Beefcake.

I may be going out on a limb here, but adding the GT350 inlet pipe to straighten out the air to the MAF, then I am "contemplating" welding a Wastegate into the cold side piping, like the beefcake torque booster with a 10# spring, and pulley for 13#'s.

Have a reputable tuner about an hour away with a dyno.
No, stop it. Pulley accordingly.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Isn't it the HO kits that come with the small intercooler? There is a kit above that with a much larger front mount. That is what I would be going for if you want to be able to do more than 2 pulls before heatsoaking. In any case, if you're actually doing more than drag racing, i.e. actually driving on a track and turning left and right, you should run water injection with the supercharger to keep air temps manageable.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm willing to give it a try. Weld in a WG flange and have a block off flange made just in case. Mount the BOV from the Pro-Charger kit but leave the vac line off for an initial dyno run/tune. If the WG is a flop, blocking it off would only take a few minutes, then hook up the vac line and tune with the BOV.

Only out the WG and welding if it flops. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Folks running the WG on the Paxton/Vortech set ups seem to recommend it, as long as it is set up properly from the get go.

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm willing to give it a try. Weld in a WG flange and have a block off flange made just in case. Mount the BOV from the Pro-Charger kit but leave the vac line off for an initial dyno run/tune. If the WG is a flop, blocking it off would only take a few minutes, then hook up the vac line and tune with the BOV.

Only out the WG and welding if it flops. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Folks running the WG on the Paxton/Vortech set ups seem to recommend it, as long as it is set up properly from the get go.
The bypass/bov is still required with a wastegated setup. The two serve separate purposes

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Beefcake Procharger ho kit with upgraded intercooler and p1-x or Beefcake Vortech stage 2 JT Trim?

Goal 700-750 whp low boost on E85.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
On Procharger? Keep it simple and at my primary hp goal 6 rib should be fine. Just want the bigger head unit for resale down the road if someone wants to turn it up.
Having spent the cash to swap from my HO kit to a stage 2, no way I'd recommend opting for a HO kit. You want long term investment, usability, and so forth.. stage 2. If you ever get the fever, or snap a belt on the highway stage 2 will be there to support you.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Not a lot of Vortech/Paxton love on here with 18 plus cars. How come?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT