Sponsored

Tax returns! What are you buying your stang?

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
A trip to Daytona to run on the high banking.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
So... Nothing of use to contribute to the topic then. Gottcha.
Right back atcha, buddy. :like:

Yup. Last year my estimation was ever so slightly off. I actually wound up getting a check back...for $1.87.

Yeah, I can invest that money and have more by years end. There's some very stable growth stocks that can safely hold the tax money and on average generate 2-3% RoI.
I could have invested that money, but instead... I bought some jacking rails. They're going on today.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Owing a little isn’t a bad thing at all. It means you’re getting the most you can in your paychecks without over paying the IRS for nothing.
If I only owed a little, I'd be thrilled. Unfortunately, it'll probably be closer to 5k.

It'd be one thing if I felt I was getting my monies worth from all the taxes I pay, but the ROI from my taxes is underwhelming.

Better quit here before this turns political. So onto Levittown Ford for some new wheel center caps. Is there still a discount code for members?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Oh my gawd who brought up taxes in a forum LOL.

Sponsored

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Yup. Last year my estimation was ever so slightly off. I actually wound up getting a check back...for $1.87.

Yeah, I can invest that money and have more by years end. There's some very stable growth stocks that can safely hold the tax money and on average generate 2-3% RoI.
same here haha I got one of $1.25 and then one for $4.50. They spent more money sending me the check than what its worth

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Paying here too...a couple car payments worth. Ugh

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
Putting it in the savings account to go toward a Tremec swap if the MT82 dies. :)

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
We pay every year on purpose. If we need anything for our vehicles we just buy it.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I'll need new summer tires, leaning towards Nitto 555 G2. And I'd like a high flow downpipe so I can run the Stage 3 tune.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I'm afraid to do my taxes just yet. Since I became a widower in 2018, I should have been claiming single status since 2019. I don't think I did and I'm scared to look. I did however buy some Chemical Guys cleaning tools during the after Christmas sales.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be looking in to some kind of cameras/home security system. I joined a local "NextDoor" social group, and there are daily warnings and excitement about strangers in the neighborhood, scammer door-knockers, and Coyotes-gonna-get-your-pets episodes. Not that we've ever had any such troubles, and nothing but the addition of noise from that group has changed, but you can't be too careful.

My friends used to ask me why I needed anything more than the idiot lights on the dashboard (low oil pressure, failure to charge the battery, etc.), and the only answer I could come up with was, "Just prefer my irrational fears to have more explicit bases", considering that none of that comes on until it's too late, anyway.

WRT paying too much and getting a refund, I kind of like the idea of contributing to the government's misguided use of the fruits of my labor, and then pulling the rug out from under...

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Getting my first tax refund in 10 years finally. I'm probably going to use it all the play around on Bitmex and turn it into much more car parts than it would have otherwise bought.
Sponsored