Sponsored

VMP vs Roush vs Whipple vs Edelbrock ??

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My Stage 2 Edelbrock has a very slight whine at high rpms. PD blower whine is cool, but Edelbrock is not the one if that's what you're looking for.
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Since we’re bringing up what Alex says... he literally said to choose based on how you want your engine bay to look. They’re all about the same. So I’m here asking which one has the best sound. That’s how I’m gonna decide. It’s stupid, I know.

Congrats to everyone who’s already boosted. I’m so jealous.
Whipples are noisy, EB is quiet

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
My Stage 2 Edelbrock has a very slight whine at high rpms. PD blower whine is cool, but Edelbrock is not the one if that's what you're looking for.
My Whipple don't really make much noise either, especially if you have a full exhaust...lol...but we can all get the sound tube mod which works very well!

OP
OP
Temovic55

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Members!
I just wanted to confirm one thing related to the Roush 1 into 2 !? Is it only the tune ? and simply the Heat issue resolved ? I just don't buy that! or we're just adding boost to it and that's it ?

Evolution IX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My Whipple is quiet. I have stock exhaust, minus an x pipe and it’s very quiet. If you want the “whine” Whipple will not satisfy you.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Hey Members!
I just wanted to confirm one thing related to the Roush 1 into 2 !? Is it only the tune ? and simply the Heat issue resolved ? I just don't buy that! or we're just adding boost to it and that's it ?
It is only the tune if you have the upgraded LTR. If you do not have the new radiator you need to buy them both. Some of us had the new LTR installed under warranty because of heat issues. Some did not.

The heat issues will NEVER be resolved until someone puts out a new intercooler (not likely for now). I suffer from heatsoak at the dragstrip because the car sits without airflow. On the street I rarely see it. I live in AZ, summers are HOT. The throttle blade will start closing when IAT2's hit 160 degrees. I see that on the strip if I don't let the car cool long enough.

The only way the "tune" could help with heat is if it kicks on the fan and pump more often than it does on the phase 1.

You are better off asking Roush questions in a Roush thread around here or you may get flamed to death and have your own heatsoak problems! :)

OP
OP
Temovic55

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
It is only the tune if you have the upgraded LTR. If you do not have the new radiator you need to buy them both. Some of us had the new LTR installed under warranty because of heat issues. Some did not.

The heat issues will NEVER be resolved until someone puts out a new intercooler (not likely for now). I suffer from heatsoak at the dragstrip because the car sits without airflow. On the street I rarely see it. I live in AZ, summers are HOT. The throttle blade will start closing when IAT2's hit 160 degrees. I see that on the strip if I don't let the car cool long enough.

The only way the "tune" could help with heat is if it kicks on the fan and pump more often than it does on the phase 1.

You are better off asking Roush questions in a Roush thread around here or you may get flamed to death and have your own heatsoak problems! :)
Thanks for u'r reply!
Negative, I don't have the SC kit yet and I was on the boat of going TT but then I said If I am not going to upgrade the fuel system and I will be north 700HP with any power adder! then why shouldn't I just go with the Roush which will keep the warranty '' THING '' plus the piece of mind!
And yea I already contacted Roush through their official website and they advised me to contact the nearest authorized dealer in the region which would be UAE! So, I have to ship the car all the way to UAE for installation to make it legit.
HEAT is going to chase me either way and I've owned a 2014GT500 and I know how does it feel when u run that b**** more than 3 times!
Bottom line, I hope Roush will publish & the owners few runs on the dyno and strip and then I will decide if should I Roushcharge it or find another FI.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My Whipple is quiet. I have stock exhaust, minus an x pipe and it’s very quiet. If you want the “whine” Whipple will not satisfy you.

You may not hear the blower from Inside the car but under throttle it whined

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Which one has the loudest whine?
My GEN 2 Whipple was significantly louder than the Edelbrock. Having said that, it’s my understanding that the Whipples become slightly more quiet with every iteration. I’m not saying that’s “fact”. It’s just something I heard (pun is terrible).

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Pretty sure both will completely get the job done!

But yea, companies will always try to show their product in the best way possible. Good business sense. Remember when Whipple “cut up” the Edelbrock because of the inverted intercooler on the intake saying it was a poor design? “Identical size to our LTR but less heat soak, if you know what your doing when you build a system you don't sacrifice in this area which some do or have, us, Edelbrock and VMP sized correctly in this app. An upside down SC is our least favorite because they typically deal with heat soak the worse of all the designs available. Also long runners typically help low end torque but really hurt HP as you slow air speed down, increase pressure drop and increase IAT2's, with the Coyote being a high RPM engine, in some cases this could be a problem.” Then they find out it actually works and fits better and they make their Gen 5 that way? Good times...
What are you trying to say about the Gen 5 style?