Dear Mustang Tire Snobs.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Well considering a GT350R can do 1.1G with Cup 2 tires I was a little surprised about a PP1 getting above that. Nice Driving :like:
Probably a spike on the accelerometer from the tires breaking loose. Unlikely that it is sustained lateral G imo.
Sponsored

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think the OP needs to have his "Mustang GT man card" stipped from him immediately! He is obviously not worthy!

The OP is obviously trolling as he was also in the post about fuel. He is sitting back laughing and watching how his original post has expanded into 150 posts.

I have to say that I couldn't resist reading and chiming in however. Congrats OP :clap:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think the OP needs to have his "Mustang GT man card" stipped from him immediately! He is obviously not worthy!

The OP is obviously trolling as he was also in the post about fuel. He is sitting back laughing and watching how his original post has expanded into 150 posts.

I have to say that I couldn't resist reading and chiming in however. Congrats OP :clap:
OP is just one of those people who question EVERYTHING. We all know someone just like him. It does not make him unworthy. It makes him interesting. Look how much we have learned about beer, tequila, bourbon, & whiskey.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If OP is going to make a case for anti-snobbery, the mere act of owning a Mustang GT is a rather big flag of snobbery all it's own. I mean talk about an impractical, pleasure-use auto. (yeah, yeah some of you use them as family haulers...)

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Probably a spike on the accelerometer from the tires breaking loose. Unlikely that it is sustained lateral G imo.
Road course g's are rarely sustained for very long periods of time - it's not like running endless circles on a skid pad. Peaks might tend to be a bit higher due to all four tires reaching similar temperatures (guessing a bit here). Cornering g plots tend to look more like half sine waves than square waves with near-infinite changes in acceleration (technically, "jerk").

In this datalog plot, T10 (~8400 - 9000 foot region) is about as close to 'sustained' as it gets, at least on that particular track.

Same session on a time base, T10 is in the 1:17 - 1:22 region

Norm

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
They didnā€™t break loose but youā€™re right about it not being sustained lat G. I hit peak lateral G at turn in or nearing the apex on a decreasing radius corner.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
They didnā€™t break loose but youā€™re right about it not being sustained lat G. I hit peak lateral G at turn in or nearing the apex on a decreasing radius corner.
Did it read exactly 1.50G? because I have seen several people post this - which seems to be like a momentary glitch of the trackapps if you will.

Not saying that your figure wasn't legitimate. Just that I have my doubts when a bunch of people start posting that and I see exactly 1.50, which doesn't seem likely.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
SNOBS! I hate snobs, even though I am one.Ya just gotta know how to say it right with a smile, cause you never know when someone is going to hand you a dose of humility.

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
Did it read exactly 1.50G? because I have seen several people post this - which seems to be like a momentary glitch of the trackapps if you will.

Not saying that your figure wasn't legitimate. Just that I have my doubts when a bunch of people start posting that and I see exactly 1.50, which doesn't seem likely.[/

1.5 is the max for this carā€˜s accelorometer. Iā€™ve maxed it out laterally and under threshold braking. It matches other instruments I use during track days so I trust itā€™s accurate. Now if only there was something I could so to max it out during acceleration... lol

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
If OP is going to make a case for anti-snobbery, the mere act of owning a Mustang GT is a rather big flag of snobbery all it's own. I mean talk about an impractical, pleasure-use auto. (yeah, yeah some of you use them as family haulers...)
Well I guess we are..........kinda. :)

Snob: a person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people.

mbing25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good job being cheap on the only thing that connects the car to the road. Really, good work! It never ceases to amaze me how people will spend thousands on power, suspension, looks mods but when it comes to the one thing that makes the biggest difference in performance, it's cheap out time. Congrats.
Iā€™m not sure he said he spent anything on anything you mentioned. Just making a remark about the elitists

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m not sure he said he spent anything on anything you mentioned. Just making a remark about the elitists
Hi Mike, we are way past this. We are now on to adult beverages. Beer, tequila, bourbon or whiskey (funny no wine drinkers yet). So tell us your poison and lets move on. :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Point still exists: bought a $30-45k car and then don't do any research at all into value-priced but truly good tires. One doesn't need to spend $250+ each to get great tires that aren't Michelins (bad M word with the OP). There is nothing particularly good (better than its competitors) about the Pzero Nero. Hundreds of thousands of mustang buyers have been stuck with them as OEM tires. There's almost no reason to purchase them again, other than being one of those weirdos that thinks that the manufacturer always puts the best tires on the car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Point still exists: bought a $30-45k car and then don't do any research at all into value-priced but truly good tires. One doesn't need to spend $250+ each to get great tires that aren't Michelins (bad M word with the OP). There is nothing particularly good (better than its competitors) about the Pzero Nero. Hundreds of thousands of mustang buyers have been stuck with them as OEM tires. There's almost no reason to purchase them again, other than being one of those weirdos that thinks that the manufacturer always puts the best tires on the car.
He was quoting your post from page 1, #7. All we care about now is what you are drinking. We've given up on tires. :facepalm::computerrage::):like:
Sponsored