Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP, 1994 GT 'Vert
Does anyone know the part number to the brass IAT sensor on the back of the Edelbrock E-Force 2650 blower? I'd like to see if I can just go buy a new one from AutoZone.

I just finished installing it on my car last week and first they sent me the wrong belt tensioner and I bought the correct one from AutoZone. Now, the IATs are reading 177*F all the time, even before starting the car when it sat all night.

Since Edelbrock is closed on the weekends and I only have weekends off, this is really throwing a wrench in my gears and I'm starting to regret buying their product. Not only am I wasting my time due to all of this, but it's causing the car to run incorrectly and making me look like a damn fool when speaking with the tuner and I feel like I'm wasting their time due to things outside of my control.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I dont know the part# but it is from a Camaro. You will also need the correct plug. The info should be in this thread around the 2nd week of June when I ran into not having the correct plug.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Does anyone know the part number to the brass IAT sensor on the back of the Edelbrock E-Force 2650 blower? I'd like to see if I can just go buy a new one from AutoZone.

I just finished installing it on my car last week and first they sent me the wrong belt tensioner and I bought the correct one from AutoZone. Now, the IATs are reading 177*F all the time, even before starting the car when it sat all night.

Since Edelbrock is closed on the weekends and I only have weekends off, this is really throwing a wrench in my gears and I'm starting to regret buying their product. Not only am I wasting my time due to all of this, but it's causing the car to run incorrectly and making me look like a damn fool when speaking with the tuner and I feel like I'm wasting their time due to things outside of my control.
I havent scaled the volts but it appears to be the exact same as all the other generic GM open air element IAT sensors I've used on stand alones when I changed mine.....
But I'd check wiring that's off quite a bit......

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a

8 rib or 6 rib tensioner what was part number?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a

SU107 autozone should be about right check it against ambient on cold engine key on engine off...

Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
For those who might be interested, PBD confirmed that they’re happy to tune for e85 with the DW95’s, DW400 and Kenne Bell BAP on my 2650/3.25” pulley. Rob seemed to think the cost would be $100, but wasn’t 100% sure on that.
Given that I don’t have easy access to e85, I won’t be using it everyday. If I was heading in the direction of full-time use I’d probably be looking at ID1050x’s for their e85 compatibility and probably a return system from Radium to keep some daily manners in terms of fuel level capability, unlike many of the other systems on the market.
Looks like Xmas has come early for me
Now that you have had a little time with the PBD tune what are your thoughts on it? I was originally leaning towards them because they seem more willing to work with new combinations but some have insinuated Lund has a better grasp on the Edelbrocks. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Now that you have had a little time with the PBD tune what are your thoughts on it? I was originally leaning towards them because they seem more willing to work with new combinations but some have insinuated Lund has a better grasp on the Edelbrocks. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Well, I still daily drive the car on the PBD tune, put it that way.
Worst case scenario, you go that way, you don’t like it, swap over I guess.
I love it but it doesn’t have that last bit of polish on it that Lund offer with theirs.
Probably the biggest problem I have with it is just how insanely touchy the throttle is.
That’s a double edged sword though, cos I also LOVE it at times.
The difference in the performance of the two tunes is substantial.
I can log the car in third gear roughly half the time on Lund tune, I haven’t once had the car hook in third on PBD since the tune was finalised. That’s why I stick with PBD.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, I still daily drive the car on the PBD tune, put it that way.
Worst case scenario, you go that way, you don’t like it, swap over I guess.
I love it but it doesn’t have that last bit of polish on it that Lund offer with theirs.
Probably the biggest problem I have with it is just how insanely touchy the throttle is.
That’s a double edged sword though, cos I also LOVE it at times.
The difference in the performance of the two tunes is substantial.
I can log the car in third gear roughly half the time on Lund tune, I haven’t once had the car hook in third on PBD since the tune was finalised. That’s why I stick with PBD.
For a daily driver isnt a car that hooks better than a car with more power that doesnt? Comparing my lund graphs to a pbd one (similar enough spec) the difference in torque is huge (581lbft vs 617lbft) but is that just going to make it much harder to live with??

Currently with lund and considering giving pbd a go, but struggling to justify it. The lund tune drives so well i cant fault it. And it'll cost a fair amount to switch what with needing a new device too, and the only real reason to is vanity on the dyno which my head says is just silly :cwl:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For a daily driver isnt a car that hooks better than a car with more power that doesnt? Comparing my lund graphs to a pbd one (similar enough spec) the difference in torque is huge (581lbft vs 617lbft) but is that just going to make it much harder to live with??

Currently with lund and considering giving pbd a go, but struggling to justify it. The lund tune drives so well i cant fault it. And it'll cost a fair amount to switch what with needing a new device too, and the only real reason to is vanity on the dyno which my head says is just silly :cwl:
Depends what you want I guess. I could force the car to hook by using less throttle but I’ll admit, it’s pretty tricky to get it right.
For me, the whole point of the exercise was to be able to do powerskids without using huge revs or short gears, primarily because gear changes mid-skid will upset the balance of the car and high rpm means you will either have to change gear or just bounce it off the limiter until it breaks (no thanks).
Lund certainly have a more moderate pedal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Burkey how's your power out of boost? My local guy did a fantastic job tuning the car, but I feel as though he might have retarded timing more than necessary in out-of-boost conditions (assuming the car makes the determination based on MAF readings vs RPM?). I've been toying with going to Lund to regain some of that. I understand that I now have a rotor pack the engine is turning 100% of the time, but I kinda expected the combination of performance tune and added rotational mass to balance each other out.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok. To add to this, what about with automatic cars?

Does PBD do any transmission tuning? Lund does very well with the autos...

Maybe I’ll create a new thread for peoples experiences.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Burkey how's your power out of boost? My local guy did a fantastic job tuning the car, but I feel as though he might have retarded timing more than necessary in out-of-boost conditions (assuming the car makes the determination based on MAF readings vs RPM?). I've been toying with going to Lund to regain some of that. I understand that I now have a rotor pack the engine is turning 100% of the time, but I kinda expected the combination of performance tune and added rotational mass to balance each other out.
It drives fine when it’s out of boost. The transition is fairly abrupt but that’s related to the aggressive pedal and I don’t run the pill. I actually put the car in snow/wet mode recently for the sake of an experiment and that made it drive very similar to the Lund tune in terms of pedal travel relative to TB opening.
I’m fairly confident that Lund do it their way so that you’ll never accidentally go into boost. It usually takes around 50-75% pedal (by feel, not data) to provoke the bypass valve with Lund vs maybe 20% with PBD. Could even be less than that, it certainly happens pretty early in the pedal travel.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I prefer a sensitive pedal so that may be the route I go. Hopefully they offer a roll race mode for the S on the autos.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer a sensitive pedal so that may be the route I go. Hopefully they offer a roll race mode for the S on the autos.
Roll race mode?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m debating whether to go Lund or PBD. Man, each sounds tempting!

I wonder if the autos tame down the abruptness some or if they exaggerate it.

Interested to find out what this “roll race mode” is as well. Is this for the 10 speed only or for both the 6 speed (6R80) and 10 speed (10R80) automatics?
Sponsored