Sponsored

No Manual - Why did you change your mind?

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I dont necessarily agree. Sure you can slap a whipple on it, but it is no longer an engineered product. It has been done and hasnt been much of a success IMHO. I feel the GT350R is a well balanced and engineered vehicle that really doesnt need much else. If I want more, which I do, I will move up to the next platform, which happens to have a DCT.

I like rowing my own gears to, but I also like to get the most performance I can when I am on the track. I honestly think I will pick up a few seconds at the track overall.
Theres no argument from me, people are going to bitch that there isnt a manual and if Ford doesnt make a manual option the people that crying are really left with no choice.

I like rowing my gears and shifting. My only auto is my beater honda accord. I ride an S1000RR to work and lane split in california. So someone talking about slow, old technology in yesteryear moto GP is irrelevant.

Bottom line if you are bitching that ford didnt make a manual GT500, just supercharge your GT350. It wont be as fast as the GT500 similar to a manual ZR1 not being as fast as the a8 ZR1.

Heres a video of both a new GT500 and a whipple GT350 dynoing. Very close in power, getting the GT350 blown is a great option IMO.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Someone tell me again what that acronym means?
Not sure but I'm going to have a hard time deciding on a custom plate!

So far I got 8NCROW, TROLLIN or POORER!

Unless a deal falls into my lap, it looks like I'll have to be patient and wait for a 2021 since I'm so late to the party. I'm looking forward to all you guys getting your cars and seeing them out in the wild!

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Theres no argument from me, people are going to bitch that there isnt a manual and if Ford doesnt make a manual option the people that crying are really left with no choice.

I like rowing my gears and shifting. My only auto is my beater honda accord. I ride an S1000RR to work and lane split in california. So someone talking about slow, old technology in yesteryear moto GP is irrelevant.

Bottom line if you are bitching that ford didnt make a manual GT500, just supercharge your GT350. It wont be as fast as the GT500 similar to a manual ZR1 not being as fast as the a8 ZR1.

Heres a video of both a new GT500 and a whipple GT350 dynoing. Very close in power, getting the GT350 blown is a great option IMO.
Why are we reduced to bitching and crying? Members give their reasoning, you totally miss the point (most of them) or ignore them, and now we are “bitching and crying.” Thanks for your maturity. People have paid fat adm for 350s and cross shop with much more expensive rides. I’ve always driven German but the 350 pulled me in. No need to call people poor or whiners because they don’t agree with you or your reason for making a purchase. I’m glad you like the car. I like it to. It’s just not exactly what I want. I was cross shopping a GT4. If I had to choose between the GT4 and a GT500, the delta in performance would definitely favor the Ford and help me to forget about the manual, but I’d still choose the Porsche because it’s what I want and I’ve stated why. I’m not too poor nor am I bitching and crying about ford not including a manual. They didn’t, and I admire the car still. It’s badass. But it’s not for me.

I went through drivers ed in the worse car in the program. It was a manual and a challenge for me. I’d do it 100x over if given the choice.

Last edited:

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Why are we reduced to bitching and crying? Members give their reasoning, you totally miss the point (most of them) or ignore them, and now we are “bitching and crying.” Thanks for your maturity. People have paid fat adm for 350s and cross shop with much more expensive rides. I’ve always driven German but the 350 pulled me in. No need to call people poor or whiners because they don’t agree with you or your reason for making a purchase. I’m glad you like the car. I like it to. It’s just not exactly what I want. I was cross shopping a GT4. If I had to choose between the GT4 and a GT500, the delta in performance would definitely favor the Ford and help me to forget about the manual, but I’d still choose the Porsche because it’s what I want and I’ve stated why. I’m not too poor nor am I bitching and crying about ford not including a manual. They didn’t, and I admire the car still. It’s badass. But it’s not for me.

I went through drivers ed in the worse car in the program. It was a manual and a challenge for me. I’d do it 100x over if given the choice.
I didnt mention POOR in my 2nd post, also this thread isnt about you wanting to stick to a manual car. It's about people who've changed their mind and got a gt500. Not about getting something completely different because they have to have a manual.

Nobody forced those people to pay adm. Dont pay adm and then cry about it. This is actually funny because had ford made a manual version, people would be crying about the adm. Lol

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The first thing I would say is I think the GT500 is an awesome car and those of you who are buying one will be happy with it.

Secondly - I don't want to rehash the manual vs. DCT debate. It's similar to talking about politics or religion and I don't see this as the place or time for it. The GT500 has a DCT and it seems a little pointless to discuss what could be or could have been.

On the "why did you change your mind?" question. I didn't change my mind and won't change my mind. I will probably never own a GT500. I just don't think it's for me. From what I've read I think Ford did a really good job implementing the supercharger onto the Predator, so it's not just another torquey blown V8 like many others we've all seen in the past, but instead it has a high winding characteristic that will make it more fun to drive and easier to extract performance from - similar to the current NA Ford engines. And it sounds like the DCT is really good as well. The GT500 has features that many people want and once again I think it will be a great/fun car to own and drive. I think it's cool.

And the POOR thing. I think it would be foolish for me to pay the price for a GT500 - especially new. I could make it happen, but it doesn't seem like a good choice to me. But more power to those of you for whom it is or feels like a good financial decision. My current thoughts are that my future fun cars may be at least 5 years old when I purchase them. More money for other things and I will let someone else take that first huge depreciation hit.

Like I said - great car, but not for me.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I didnt mention POOR in my 2nd post, also this thread isnt about you wanting to stick to a manual car. It's about people who've changed their mind and got a gt500. Not about getting something completely different because they have to have a manual.

Nobody forced those people to pay adm. Dont pay adm and then cry about it. This is actually funny because had ford made a manual version, people would be crying about the adm. Lol
Mentioned it in your first and that’s my point, you ignored that and went to bitching and crying. Yeah the thread is about what made people change their minds to get the dct anyway right? So why even talk finances in the first place and make clear assumptions you have no evidence of? Whatever you have to tell yourself to be right? You made an assumption, I disagreed. End of story. No need for the histrionics.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have some insider info that next year, 2021, it will be offered in a manual, and they're going to produce a GT500 convertible.

Don't believe it? Fight me.
The 2021 GT500 will also get a modest power increase to 800 hp in addition to a Tremec manual. Since nobody wants manual transmissions anymore because there is too much traffic or they cannot shift within 80 milliseconds without damaging synchros, they will sit on dealer lots and eventually sell for 8% below MSRP.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The 2021 GT500 will also get a modest power increase to 800 hp in addition to a Tremec manual. Since nobody wants manual transmissions anymore because there is too much traffic or they cannot shift within 80 milliseconds without damaging synchros, they will sit on dealer lots and eventually sell for 8% below MSRP.

Can I pre-order a 2021 for 8% under? I'm good for $50 down payment.

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not sure but I'm going to have a hard time deciding on a custom plate!

So far I got 8NCROW, TROLLIN or POORER!

Unless a deal falls into my lap, it looks like I'll have to be patient and wait for a 2021 since I'm so late to the party. I'm looking forward to all you guys getting your cars and seeing them out in the wild!
Don’t feel bad about late to the game. It’s a lot who you know and few at MSRP. I was in the game early and no dice. Someone will leave the game early. Our gain
Sponsored