Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
That I haven’t heard yet.
I hope I don’t get screwed out of the painted stripes.
If it’s a small dealer with only one allocation I would be very surprised if you get them. Chuck and I speak from experience. I would have a back up plan if you can’t get them. I changed from iconic silver over to twister orange when I couldn’t get mine.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Cool, I got my previous GT (convertible) from Apple Ford in MD, assuming it's the same ownership. They shipped it to my house in Florida :D

Painted + base/tech is pretty neat, it's got the visual flourish and collectability of painted stripes, but not the extra price/"use case" of the carbon package, hope you get it (see above ...)

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I guess I had bad luck, i called every dealer in lancaster and lebanon counties in early july and no one had open allocations.

I guess it was a timing thing, congrats.
I wouldn't feel bad, ive called all in 400 miles in January and offered over msrp. There is a ton of make believe floating around..

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Ordered Performance Blue, black painted stripes, tech package, and carbon fiber dash.
Congrats. Is this your first mustang?

I’m getting Shadow Black, no stripes. tech package and CF dash as well. This will be my first high performance mustang.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
This will be my first high performance mustang.
Doc: I was where you are in 2014 and my best advice is to be VERY careful with this car. My '14 is beyond the proverbial "handful" and I can only imagine how much more pull THIS car will have. Words of wisdom, believe me.

Sponsored

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Doc: I was where you are in 2014 and my best advice is to be VERY careful with this car. My '14 is beyond the proverbial "handful" and I can only imagine how much more pull THIS car will have. Words of wisdom, believe me.
Noted. Thank you for the words of caution.
What was the most difficult aspect of handling a more powerful car like this?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
What was the most difficult aspect of handling a more powerful car like this?
Doc: It's the live axle. When you get after it, the back end can quickly get away from you. I expect much better handling from the '20.

OP
OP
4N6DOC

4N6DOC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge Sport 2019 Ford Mustang GT 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Congrats. Is this your first mustang?

I’m getting Shadow Black, no stripes. tech package and CF dash as well. This will be my first high performance mustang.
No. I currently have a 2019 GT in velocity blue.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Restricted commodity.

Code for poor planning.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just got this email from my dealership. No painted stripes for me. I don’t really want to go vinyl. And looks like order won’t go in until March. Now I am second guessing my color choice and trying to decide if I want to go with something with more “pop”.
Thanks for that. I do believe the content of that letter is what I was saying all along. Thank you for the affirmation.
That poor woman is now going to be inundated with phone calls and emails now. Zone reps generally are not available to the public. In my contact with them over the years, it has been very sporadic, selective, and respectful. I hope people don't start to pester her with questions that should be directed to their dealerships.

Last edited:

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Thanks for that. I do believe the content of that letter is what I was saying all along. Thank you for the affirmation.
That poor woman is now going to be inundated with phone calls and emails now. Zone reps generally are not available to the public. In my contact with them over the years, it has been very sporadic, selective, and respectful. I hope people don't start to pester her with questions that should be directed to their dealerships.
I fully agree and thought the same thing when OP put her cell number out there. Her phone is probably on fire. On a side note that is really nothing new is it??? The reason I say that didn't they say from the very beginning that only 1,250 cars would be getting either the CFTP or the Painted Stripes or both??? So really nothing has changed has it????

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I fully agree and thought the same thing when OP put her cell number out there. Her phone is probably on fire. On a side note that is really nothing new is it??? The reason I say that didn't they say from the very beginning that only 1,250 cars would be getting either the CFTP or the Painted Stripes or both??? So really nothing has changed has it????
Well the way it has gone in the past is that additional allocations would come up at the end of the year and they would either be allocated on a lottery basis or sales volume. Between materials and scheduling, they just don't have the ability to make more. Call it something stupid like a golden ticket, but an allocation is an allocation and the process doesn't seem to have changed that much..

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Mods I’d have that post taken down. OP, remove that letter.

or scratch out the info.

it’s great to know That info but she will be Bombarded as mentioned earlier.
Sponsored