Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can’t wait... I absolutely love my wonderfully loud fire-breathing Coyote and will be keeping it and offsetting my carbon footprint with what I hope is a fast, fun and hot looking EV. Best of both worlds!
If you ever owned an old one , especially a desirable one such as a big block Mach 1 or a Boss, you would feel worlds different about the name they chose for this , this , thing. What a disgrace
Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
If you ever owned an old one , especially a desirable one such as a big block Mach 1 or a Boss, you would feel worlds different about the name they chose for this , this , thing. What a disgrace
Ha ha, no I wouldn’t, but I understand your nostalgia.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can’t wait... I absolutely love my wonderfully loud fire-breathing Coyote and will be keeping it and offsetting my carbon footprint with what I hope is a fast, fun and hot looking EV. Best of both worlds!
I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban 4wd, and gets 13mpg....

I offset my "carbon footprint" by getting a 2018 Mustang GT.

Hey, at least I'm making progress. :wink:

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang Mach E reminds me of Porsche Cayenne. It is not a sports car but it has the Porsche name slammed on it. Well, it sells.

Sponsored

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
For all of you that are pi$$ed off about this, there might be another part of the announcement that will make you feel a little better. Still under embargo so all I’ll say is, wait for the other shoe to drop.
Mustang electric car announcement?

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
It’s all good! Think of it as a stepping stone to an all wheel drive mustang. How effing awesome would it be to have a mustang that combines all wheel drive with a coyote, traction for days!? Also for those youngsters starting families and having to give up their stangs, they now have an option to haul the family.
If a family of more than two adults and two toddlers fit in it then they've given up their Mustang regardless of what nameplate Ford puts on their SUV.

There is no intersection between "SUV" and "pony car". Period.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Exactly! Alot of people want to bring up Porsche and their 911 inspired SUVs without realizing the fact that they are not called 911s!!!

Inspired design is one thing, slapping the name on something it doesn't belong on for some ill fated attempt at marketing is something entirely different....
Right. Someone on the Mach E forum even claimed that they were "911 based". As far as I remember and can find, Porsche hardly mentioned the 911 in their Cayenne launch marketing. It was "The Next Porsche" or "The First of Its Kind". Purists may have been doubtful of the move but "Porsche" was a sterling brand that they could continue to polish with enthusiasts even as they continued to segment and target new markets. If Porsche had called the Cayenne the "911 Carrera E" things may not have worked out so well.

The problem is that Ford trashes every brand that they create. So now they're down to "Mustang" and "F-150" and it's the Mustang's turn in the barrel. Porsche very carefully segmented and targeted their market. Ford is doing the opposite. They're just trying to slap an "exciting brand" on a vehicle that has nothing to do with that brand.

The sad thing is that this naming is proof of my point. This is really a modern interpretation of a Thunderbird - a personal luxury vehicle with style and performance. But Ford tainted that brand with '70s land yachts and then dumped it during their first wave of SUV over-saturation.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ford launched a hidden website that already showed a lot of details about the 2021 Mustang Mach E. Thanks to user buzznwood from the macheforum for finding this.

I'm really not seeing it why this car is called a Mustang outside of better marketing. Besides the rear lights and the pony emblem the whole exterior and especially the interior clearly looks like they wanted to build their own tesla model a bit too much imho.

See all the details in the attachements.
MachE-7.png
MachE-8.png
MachE-9.png
MachE-10.png
MachE-11.png
MachE-12.png
MachE-13.png
MachE-14.png
MachE-15.png
MachE-2.png
MachE-3.png
MachE-4.png
MachE-5.png
MachE-6.png
MachE-7-specs.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Well this ugly van may be the biggest Mustang blasphemy in 55 years but its LED grille ornament appears to be a separate part after all and will (provided it is the same size as ours) make an fff'in sweet retrofit.
grillee.jpg

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Mach-E liked by 1 out of 100 according to this thread lol

Me personally just checked the date and got more upset that it isn't April 1st. But lets see what happens when all the information comes out before selling our cars and going to Ford HQ with torches and pitch forks.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what I did wrong to Ford for devaluing my car that way :(

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, I wonder what Ford are making of the feedback received in the last 24 hours? It seems on every forum or Facebook group, it must be at least 90% of people don't like it........or rather don't like it being a Mustang. However, if they're daft enough to have thought naming this Mustang was a good idea, then I think the chances of them changing their mind and calling it something else are slim to none.

If you want some damage limitation Ford, I'd suggest you get some of the camo'd S550 prototypes out there this weekend to give us something else to talk about.....and give us hope that Ford will keep the S550 fresh and that there's still life in the (real) Mustang yet!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ha ha, no I wouldn’t, but I understand your nostalgia.
I understand the nostalgia and have it in my soul but I also embrace the future. The pony/muscle car segment is slowly dyeing and will be gone in ten years or less EV's are the future.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw some of the specs for the all electric, all-wheel drive version.....0-60 mid 3 sec
Sponsored