Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well Ford is using brand recognition, and lets face it....Mustang and F150=Ford. People will look because it has the Mustang name. The "MACH" is a platform not currently being used. E for electric. So you make a sporty SUV crossover electric, give it a name that people recognize, and see if it sells. Nobody would even care care if it was called the Fusion E.....which would have made sense with "fusion" being the cross into electricity powered car...but any way, it is what it is. Let see how it plays out.
Sponsored

HolubS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Plus Coupe in Lightning Blue
I don't see it as much different than what happened when the Mustang II came out, I heard the same kinds of despair voiced back then. I won't consider any electric car until the technology is more mature, but I have no problem with those who think they are saving the world by buying electric.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The other issue I have now is they were calling it a mustang inspired SUV. That is not correct at all. It is a suv inspired Mustang apparently. Well Mustang shows will be different now LOL You will have classic, modern and suv. You know the first owners will take the wheels off put aftermarket on lower it and add a spoiler. :)

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I find cars in general a sorry state right now. I'm 36 and work in IT. I have nearly 0 interest in ANY electric or hybrid car. The Lithium is the only one to capture my interest. Gas cars are slowly dying. Family cars are becoming bland and boring and even many of the "performance" family cars are just crap (looking at you Q50 Red sport), many are just alternate versions of very similar drive train (tt v6 ~400hp, and AWD). The Camaro and Mustang have many over lapping models, with normal GT's going up to over 50K, and GT350's sitting so long at dealers that they are selling for just over 53K now. The Charger has multiple models that are mostly the same thing with just tiny tweaks/appearance changes, and the constant "fix"... add more power.

Mustang really needs to both loose weight and price, and production needs to slow to keep so man from sitting on lots. Last I saw about 8000 2019 BULLITTS were made and nearly 1000 are still on lots in the US, meanwhile 2020 production has started. People are also having to decide BULLITT, PPL2, or GT350 with prices and specs over lapping. They are also having to market all 3. The easy answer would have been merge PPL2/BULLITT and then is the comfortable cruiser that can do track or the track car that can also cruise. They need to get rid of there being 3 performance options for the Ecoboost and make it just base, Perf Pkg, or Hi-Po.

So much overhead is being lost in marketing, and when people have to many options it takes them longer to decide and possibly see other options at other makers.

I'm not even going to get started with Telsa. I have 0 taste for that companies practice of just pushing updates that feel untested to people with 4000 lbs death missiles. I don't see how anyone in technology can have faith in just some other persons code when we all know how much the average phone/PC has bugs and those are vetted/tested on a much larger scale. I already hate that there is so much drive-by-wire on the car I already have.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
They won't sell very many and kill the Mustang name in the process.

Electric is coming, like it or not. Problem is, where does all this electricity come from, coal plant, Nuclear plant, Natural Gas plant, other?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I find cars in general a sorry state right now. I'm 36 and work in IT. I have nearly 0 interest in ANY electric or hybrid car. The Lithium is the only one to capture my interest. Gas cars are slowly dying. Family cars are becoming bland and boring and even many of the "performance" family cars are just crap (looking at you Q50 Red sport), many are just alternate versions of very similar drive train (tt v6 ~400hp, and AWD). The Camaro and Mustang have many over lapping models, with normal GT's going up to over 50K, and GT350's sitting so long at dealers that they are selling for just over 53K now. The Charger has multiple models that are mostly the same thing with just tiny tweaks/appearance changes, and the constant "fix"... add more power.

Mustang really needs to both loose weight and price, and production needs to slow to keep so man from sitting on lots. Last I saw about 8000 2019 BULLITTS were made and nearly 1000 are still on lots in the US, meanwhile 2020 production has started. People are also having to decide BULLITT, PPL2, or GT350 with prices and specs over lapping. They are also having to market all 3. The easy answer would have been merge PPL2/BULLITT and then is the comfortable cruiser that can do track or the track car that can also cruise. They need to get rid of there being 3 performance options for the Ecoboost and make it just base, Perf Pkg, or Hi-Po.

So much overhead is being lost in marketing, and when people have to many options it takes them longer to decide and possibly see other options at other makers.

I'm not even going to get started with Telsa. I have 0 taste for that companies practice of just pushing updates that feel untested to people with 4000 lbs death missiles. I don't see how anyone in technology can have faith in just some other persons code when we all know how much the average phone/PC has bugs and those are vetted/tested on a much larger scale. I already hate that there is so much drive-by-wire on the car I already have.
I couldn't agree more. The options on these cars is ridiculous and scattered everywhere. As far as SUVs they all look the same. There is no creativity in SUVs. here is just 4 examples. and from what I have seen other then the front grill and tail lights the Mach_E looks about the same. Below . Toyota, Nissan, Lexus and Chevy for just a few.
chevrolet-creates-an-ev-crossover-out-of-the-buick-velite-6-the-menlo.jpg
sep._3_-_6pm_cet_-_new_nissan_juke_unveil_black_static_studio_-_4.jpg
small-2.jpg
2018-toyota-c-hr-1545163932.jpg

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
wonder if thereā€™s still time to get a petition signed and have ford change the name. Like when they were going to a front wheel drive platform in the 90ā€™s. Iā€™m perfectly fine with the car, looks decent should be a nice car heck even use similar taillights I donā€™t care, I just donā€™t want the mustang logo or name being used for something thatā€™s clearly not in any way related to a mustang.

Sponsored

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Commence operations ā€œMake sure my car is properly maintained to last foreverā€ and ā€œincrease mod budget to stockpile spare partsā€. Whoā€™s with me???

But seriously, I think itā€™ll be a long while before we live in a world of all self driving, electric cars. Probably not in our lifetimes anyway. Letā€™s just hope the Mustang as we know it has some more time before itā€™s replaced by this thing. And until then letā€™s enjoy the hell out of our cars! :rockon:

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
I wonder if they'll be welcomed into the Mustang clubs? And I thought the Charger going to four doors was bad.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
wonder if thereā€™s still time to get a petition signed and have ford change the name. Like when they were going to a front wheel drive platform in the 90ā€™s.
I penned this earlier, I'm sure Ford are reading these forums and the various Facebook groups.

Dear Ford
I write this as a huge Ford fan. I've driven blue oval cars since the day I passed my driving test. My wife currently drives a Kuga and I have two Mustangs. Mustang is an icon. A legend that has been with us for 55 years. A car that spawned a whole new section of the market....the pony car! A car with a long nose and a short rear deck, 2+2 seating and sporty styling. For 55 years Mustang has been true to its pony car roots. What Mustang has NEVER been is a 5-door SUV. I live and breathe Mustangs. I head up our local UK branch area and am an administrator on several Mustang Facebook groups and forums. We've known Mach E was coming for a while, but we hoped against hope that the rumours of it being called Mustang, or using the pony logo were just that....rumours. The feedback so far today has been almost universally negative on these platforms. A great car this may be, but it is not a Mustang. Mach E shares nothing with our beloved pony other than the name and the badge. We'd welcome an electric Mustang (just like the Lithium concept seen at SEMA)...but it needs to stay true to those pony car roots.

Please......PLEASE reconsider the branding of this vehicle. This, for me, is the darkest day in Mustang's 55 year history. But it's not too late to rename this vehicle. Back in the early 90's, you very nearly made a huge mistake in launching the Probe as a Mustang. A front wheel drive, transverse engine car was NOT a Mustang and the Mustang faithful let you know this in no uncertain terms. You listened then, so please listen now! It's not too late to reconsider.

Your sincerely (a very loyal, yet heartbroken Ford & Mustang fan)

Paul Tucker

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Commence operations ā€œMake sure my car is properly maintained to last foreverā€ and ā€œincrease mod budget to stockpile spare partsā€. Whoā€™s with me???

But seriously, I think itā€™ll be a long while before we live in a world of all self driving, electric cars. Probably not in our lifetimes anyway. Letā€™s just hope the Mustang as we know it has some more time before itā€™s replaced by this thing. And until then letā€™s enjoy the hell out of our cars! :rockon:
Won't be as long as you think. The internet itself really didn't catch on till after 2000. That was only 19 years ago. And the first smartphone was not produced until 2007. That was only 12 years ago. I know seems longer but it hasn't been. The reality of all electric cars and self driving cars is here with teslas. love them or hate them and they only been around a few years. If your 50 and drink liquid fat for lunch yeah maybe not in our lifetime lol. But I really don't see it to far off. Within next 20 years or less.

Just look at cars now, navigation (in its current form), driver assists and all the other tech that just 3 or 4 years ago on the average car (consumer level family car) was unheard of. It is progressing faster than you think.
Sponsored