Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
These cars with 760hp can benefit from a bigger wing,
1mic: My aerodynamics training or what little I can remember of it, tells me that airspeed is the only factor when determining the proper spoiler. So, me thinks the HP of the GT4 is immaterial if both vehicles can achieve the same top speeds as down force will be equal on both.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I love how people think simply because there is a cftp option, that the base GT500 will be laughably slower.

It still has 99% of the performance.. just not that last 1%
I 1,000% agree. Yes, the CFTP wheels are spectacular, and the rear wing will net more downward pressure, but it sure isn’t a deal breaker. Most of us would never see the difference, and the ones who can and who want similar performance can make the “base” just as fast around a course.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
1mic: My aerodynamics training or what little I can remember of it, tells me that airspeed is the only factor when determining the proper spoiler. So, me thinks the HP of the GT4 is immaterial if both vehicles can achieve the same top speeds as down force will be equal on both.
KB my training agrees with yours speed and shape are the two main factors HP or thrust so to speak has very little to do with it. Speed effects drag and downforce if they are equal changing the way air flows around or through the object is what changes handling and distance traveled using same propellant

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Really the track pack with lighter wheels and cup2s will lap faster? You dont say. LOL

18,500 is a lotta money and can go for a hard core setup than the track pack. You can get forgelines and slicks which drop the weight just like the carbon wheels did. Only difference in that setup is the slicks are lighter than cup2s and will have more grip.

Also the gt4 wing is designed for a lighter car with 450hp. These cars with 760hp can benefit from a bigger wing, APR will be making them.

I like the carbon wheels but the top setup pushing this car to $100k (after TTL) for me leaves a lot on the table.
Nothing stopping a TP owner from doing the mods I mentioned.
Slicks and forgelines on a CFTP car?? :cwl::cwl:

Not sure where you got your information that the GT4 wing was designed only for a 450 HP car but not even close.

Carry on as you seem to have all of the answers including letting everyone know that 18,500 is a lotta money.:giggle:

:sunglasses:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Actually, as per Dean Martin of Kohr Racing, the current GT4 cars (meaning the "Mustangs") as regulated by the appropriate sanctioning body are dynoing ~450 at the wheels.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Slicks and forgelines on a CFTP car?? :cwl::cwl:

Not sure where you got your information that the GT4 wing was designed only for a 450 HP car but not even close.

Carry on as you seem to have all of the answers including letting everyone know that 18,500 is a lotta money.:giggle:

Ok boomer

You do know the race car is running forgelines right? Lol, what does it matter you arent going to track yours. The purpose of swapping wheels/tires is so you have a dedicated track set. Typical waxer. Smh

it's a lot of money for wheels/tires which imo could be better spent on the mods I mentioned.

I love how people think simply because there is a cftp option, that the base GT500 will be laughably slower.

It still has 99% of the performance.. just not that last 1%
Exactly, this is why for me the snack pack doesnt make sense. If you're tracking this car I'm not going to give a shit about carbon wheels and cup2s.
Damage those carbon wheels? Damn!
it's kind of like having carbon rotors, once theyre used up, time to pay up.

Last edited:

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ok boomer

You do know the race car is running forgelines right? Lol, what does it matter you arent going to track yours. The purpose of swapping wheels/tires is so you have a dedicated track set. Typical waxer. Smh

it's a lot of money for wheels/tires which imo could be better spent on the mods I mentioned.

Exactly, this is why for me the snack pack doesnt make sense. If you're tracking this car I'm not going to give a shit about carbon wheels and cup2s.
Mmm snacks. We didn’t know about different spring/bar rates on the GT359 until later in the game. Who knows what true differences are between the two. Any official info?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ok boomer

Thanks for the great education on these cars especially on running slicks on the new GT500 as I can see that happening a great deal.

BTW, where did you come up with that terrific information on the CF GT4 wing being limited to a 450 HP car?

Lastly, are you sincerely interested in purchasing a new GT500 or just on here to come up with all kinds of comments about running slicks on these cars etc.?

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
BTW, where did you come up with that terrific information on the CF GT4 wing being limited to a 450 HP car?

Lastly, are you sincerely interested in purchasing a new GT500 or just on here to come up with all kinds of comments about running slicks on these cars etc.?

Where did I say it was limited to a 450hp? I said it was designed for a 450hp lighter car.

Yes, I may be interested, wheres the disclaimer saying we have to be in the market to buy these to post in this section?

Mmm snacks. We didn’t know about different spring/bar rates on the GT359 until later in the game. Who knows what true differences are between the two. Any official info?
Evan Smith posted about being able to run a quicker 1/4 time in the regular GT500, he said the spring rates were softer compared to the Track pack, I dont know by how much tho.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The 25% higher spring rate on the R model compared to the GT350 was known from the inset but I have not seen any official information if the spring rates between the 2 seat and 4 seat GT500 are different.

We do know that the 2 seat GT500's sit 1/2" lower than the 4 seat car and not sure if that is due to shorter springs/higher spring rate or not.

:)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We didn’t know about different spring/bar rates on the GT359 until later in the game. Who knows what true differences are between the two. Any official info?
...he said the spring rates were softer compared to the Track pack, I dont know by how much tho.
Direct from the 2020 GT500 owners manual supplement.

2020%20GT500%20bar%20and%20spring%20rates-L.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slightly stiffer front/rear spring rate, same front sway bar, stiffer rear bar, looks as though Ford want the snack pack (I like that!) to be easier to rotate or oversteer - in general terms.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Direct from the 2020 GT500 owners manual supplement.

2020%20GT500%20bar%20and%20spring%20rates-L.jpg
The front spring rate on the 2016 GT350's and on up was 194 - lbs/inch with the front spring rate for the GT350R's being 240 - lbs/inch.

:wink:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I wonder how much more weight these heavier springs and rear sway bar add to the CFTP car?

Just yanking your chain.:giggle:
Sponsored