Sponsored

Extended Warranty: Base, Extra, Or Premium?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
The only thing I disagree with on this particular car only is the ability to sell as a private party with the extended warranty in place. There are enough worrisome stories about the GT350 that if I was buying used I would want the Ford premium plan coverage. I think we all understand how extended warranties cycle with manufacturer warranties.
Sponsored

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I am lucky if I put more than 500 mile on mine a month and 0 in the winter months. I do plan on keeping the car long term and went with the 8yr / 48k miles / $100 deductible premiumcare plan.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I am lucky if I put more than 500 mile on mine a month and 0 in the winter months. I do plan on keeping the car long term and went with the 8yr / 48k miles / $100 deductible premiumcare plan.
My situation is very similar to yours. I put slightly more miles on it per month. It is stored all winter so I went with the Extra Care warranty for eight years, 48,000 miles and $0 deductible.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Where is everyone getting the most competitive pricing? Flood Ford?
I had an interesting conversation w my dealer about online and other dealer pricing...

My take aways were:
  • it’s good to have a relationship with whomever you want to work on your car for warranty services.
  • Not that the customer would be screwed over but the quality of care (inside vs. outside storage, experience of mechanic working on the car....) would be good to know.
  • Pricing on these warranties are dealer determined and negotiable.
I got my warranty through my local dealer for $100 over the Flood price. I’ll know how my car will be treated and more importantly, know the mechanic who will be doing the work if needed.

Last edited:

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
I had an interesting conversation w my dealer about online and other dealer pricing...

My take aways were:
  • it’s good to have a relationship with whomever you want to work on your car for warranty services.
  • Not that the customer would be screwed over but the quality of care (inside vs. outside storage, experience of mechanic working on the car....) would be good to know.
  • Pricing on these warranties are dealer determined and negotiable.
I got my warranty through my local dealer for $100 over the Flood price. I’ll know how my car will be treated and more importantly, know the mechanic who will be doing the work if needed.
No sales tax from Flood Ford. In my state that’s $146.

Sponsored

SizzFlair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Lotus Exige S240, 1995 JDM Subaru STi ver II type RA, 1976 Toyota Celica GT Coupe
if you get the extended warranty (or when even just on the new car warranty), do you have to have the dealer do all the maintenance or can the owner conduct maintenance and still have the car be covered?

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
if you get the extended warranty (or when even just on the new car warranty), do you have to have the dealer do all the maintenance or can the owner conduct maintenance and still have the car be covered?
You can still do your own maintenance or pay other non dealers to do it. Just keep a log book and receipts.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
just got offered the PREMIUM care / 8 yr / 36k / $0 deductible for $1,445. lowest i've found. same dealer offered the BASE care for $965. better than flood and anderson-koch. now to decide which.
Dealer name?

Sponsored
OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer name?
zeigler at factoryplans.com . however, best to email: [email protected] , give your VIN, and ask "jaime" to give you the best price similar to lightrules. i told her i would let ppl know on the forum. the price i got was based on my VIN, but i would think if you are under a year ownership like me the price is the same. anyway i just told her anderson-koch price and she beat it by $50 or so.

tbr2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Check out Troy Ford when pricing out your options. I bought an 8yr/36k Extracare plan with $100 deductible (no replacement key) for $1,165. I ended up going for ExtraCare as the premium seemed to cover some electronics that either don't exist on the R or I didn't deem a risk.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
Check out Troy Ford when pricing out your options. I bought an 8yr/36k Extracare plan with $100 deductible (no replacement key) for $1,165. I ended up going for ExtraCare as the premium seemed to cover some electronics that either don't exist on the R or I didn't deem a risk.
Damn, I wish you had posted this 5 days ago before I purchased mine from Flood Ford. I could’ve save myself $210. I’ll still come out ahead even if I cancel Flood Ford and pay the $75 cancellation fee.

Last edited:

tbr2001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Damn, I wish you had posted this 5 days ago before I purchased mine from Flood Ford. I could’ve save myself $210. I’ll still come out ahead even if I cancel Flood Ford and pay the $75 cancellation fee.
Maybe they'll match?
Sponsored