Status
Not open for further replies.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
does a TVS gt350 exist?
Id have to dig around. I know there are lots of centri GT350s Procharged, Vortech/Paxton.

But yes I was talking about an Edlebrock 2650 TVS Kit on a GT350 the low end grunt would be badass.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats not a TVS. ^^^
does it matter? A supercharger is a supercharger. Do any of these companies actually produce (ie own the engineering R&D and production) or are they just slapping their name plate on an OEM part? Me thinks the latter.

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
does it matter? A supercharger is a supercharger. Do any of these companies actually produce (ie own the engineering R&D and production) or are they just slapping their name plate on an OEM part? Me thinks the latter.
Screw type blower is on boost quicker than a centri

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I suggest you google......

There are 3 types of belt driven superchargers.

Roots. TwinScrew. and Centrifugal.

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
What piston ring issue?
My bad - Not an issue, my apologies. More of a matter of mediocre engineering. I still have the Ls7 valve dropping issues still freshly seared into my consciousness.

I’d rather have something be well engineered enough to be able to push its limits safely and deal with any minor annoyances like ticking sounds or having to put oil in it every couple of weeks.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I was imprecise with my language. A supercharger that fits in the V is the distinction that matters. If one kind of rotor shape has been done, it's trivial for the other kind to also be done.

Sponsored

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
Name calling ? What are you 5, 6 years old ?

Please - DONT take my GO FAST advice. God forbid your ever able to taste 11’s LOL

I am so sick and tired of these bbq tick, voodoo, etc trolls and you other jerks encouraging it . This a Ford Mustang forum. Not a corvette forum. If you are gonna troll mustangs/ Ford - you’re gonna get it right back.

Ps I’m not a member of any LS / Mopar forums.

Fred

In the time he has been here Martin has offered valuable information and has shared insider knowledge on a lot of different subjects. He is very well respected here and even the most hardcore Mustang guys on here value what he brings to the table. He has proven himself since he joined over a year ago. You on the other hand, within 16 posts here you resorted to name calling because someone presented information that you did not like. Then you again tried to insult him in a back-handed condescending manner. My point is, it could be the middle of the day and you could tell me the sun was out and Martin could tell me it was night time and I'd take his word over yours without hesitation. Why? Because people like yourself are the real ones trolling these boards. You hear irrefutable logic and instead of finding a way to discuss it with intellect you start calling names. That my friend is a sign of low intelligence. That shows which 2 of those 2 names you actually are. That is about as much attention as I'll give to you until you start talking like an adult.

LOL, a few years ago I posted information from both of those sources (JD Power and Consumer Reports) and it got laughed at. Now you're saying you consider them to be the only reliable source. Shame. But really, where does CR get their info from? It is from us consumers. So why do you need it in a report when you have lots of posts on this forum showing you what owners go thru? When most people want information on their car or which Mustang to buy or whether they should mod it or when they have problems they come here and ask or post it. So how is it that all of a sudden the widest base of knowledge on the entire internet for these cars is suddenly invalid?

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This a Ford Mustang forum. Not a corvette forum. If you are gonna troll mustangs/ Ford - you’re gonna get it right back.
If this was c6g they would have been banned long ago but the powers that be well...…………...

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
That too.

A few years ago I had emergency open heart surgery, dead on the table and in coma for about a week. When I woke up the first thing I asked the surgeon was when can I see my dogs and the second question was when can I drive my cars again. ( my wife and kids were there ) He laughed and said nobody ever asked him that as their first questions. Then he said I have a couple black labs and an R8 so I get it. Point is no matter what is going on around me my dogs just make me smile period and my cars make me feel like I am that 9 year old kid again helping my dad work on his 65 fastback. OK I just teared up. Wow I have way too much free time today.

So back to the purpose of this thread GT350 bad........C8 good
GT350 good.....C8 better. Fight me.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
The mid engine is the real selling factor for the C8, people are even ok having that car in manual. Regarding the advantage of the DCT, it shifts in 0.008 seconds vs 10 speed 0.150 seconds. Regular auto’s shift in .250 second range and a manual transmission is 0.5 seconds. So if you do the math, with DCT the car is shaving .142 seconds in each shift vs 10 speed auto. Compared to a manual thats even eternity.
The mid engine is the real selling factor for the C8, people are even ok having that car in manual. Regarding the advantage of the DCT, it shifts in 0.008 seconds vs 10 speed 0.150 seconds. Regular auto’s shift in .250 second range and a manual transmission is 0.5 seconds. So if you do the math, with DCT the car is shaving .142 seconds in each shift vs 10 speed auto. Compared to a manual thats even eternity.
It's .08 not. 008.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.