Sponsored

GT350 Chasing C5 Z06 - Pocono North

SilverSerpent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 1990 Skyline GT-R, 2001 Toyota Tacoma
From an event I did this past weekend. First time on track at Pocono and my first time venturing somewhere besides NJMP with any car! The 350 is all stock except for some Motul RBF brake fluid. 4,400 miles on car. Has burned zero oil on or off track since switching to Amsoil. Only 20 ish people registered for the event so lots of open track time.

Ended up following this C5 Z06 around for my whole afternoon session and, for me at least, this is as good as it gets for track time. I don't care about lap times much but it's glorious when you find someone who is a good match and can motivate you to go a little faster. Listening to the Vette run up and down the gears (it was loud.) Was a father/son pair with the car and the son (18 y/o and first time there) was out there for this run. I didn't ask them about the car but it appeared to be partially gutted and caged with some slicks on CCW classics (yumm)

Oh and my friends' son was in the passenger seat for this run getting a front row seat to the show. I didn't think to move the interior camera though so his helmet was blocking most of it. He seemed like he had fun.

I had a lot of fun.

Video from morning session is longer but not quite as exciting.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Nice. I've never been to Pocono either to track myself or watch a race, so it was nice to get a glimpse at one of the course possibilities. Do you have any datalogging capability?

Corvette driver should have stayed tucked in behind you for a few laps and learned something . . . he was showing you street driving with little grasp of concepts like using all of the track and getting down to the apex. 12 minutes in, he finally gets within a foot. Kind of neat to see that 2nd-gen Corvair out there.

Norm