Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Ditch the Steeda spring and go back to the stock one and then practice really quick clutch releases. That "mostly" fixed the misfiring on shifts problem for me. I just wish I could turn the damn NLS off, it is useless.
I could have sworn I read this a while back before getting the PP2, but does having the Steeda spring engage the NLS? So going back to the stock spring should remedy the accidental stumbles?
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you will have less issues I think because the spring returns the pedal farther up

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Has anyone tried disconnecting/jumping the switch at the top to see if that helps? Other than canceling cruise control any maybe some things like rev hang I'm not sure what else it would be used for.

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premier PP1 Magnetic Gray
Has anyone tried disconnecting/jumping the switch at the top to see if that helps? Other than canceling cruise control any maybe some things like rev hang I'm not sure what else it would be used for.
Can someone explain what is happening with the no lift shift? I’m confused.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Just leave the stock spring in there and drive it like you stole it and you won't have any issues. No lift shift is the most ridiculous thing ever when it comes to manual nannies. Even if use it correctly it will just induce more wheel spin on the shift. I tried it and it was no better than my normal shift, maybe it's just my muscle memory of 20+ years of driving manuals. I never got the so called stumble when I had my pp2 tune in any driving condition what so ever. I move my feet and shift at the same time when banging gears. Don't hesitate, you just have to try and make it one motion as much as possible. Kind of like a quick jab with each foot and a fist! It takes practice, my poor old 1990 z24 took a beating!:cwl:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
No Lift Shift drops the rev-limiter to somewhere in the 5,000s when the clutch is disengaged while shifting. The intention is to allow you to press the clutch pedal, shift, and release the clutch pedal while leaving the accelerator pedal mashed to the floor.

If you drive a stick correctly (not dwelling on the clutch) you'll never even notice it exists.

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
So when you’re fully depressed and you clutch without lifting your rpms drop to 5k while you shift?

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
So when you’re fully depressed and you clutch without lifting your rpms drop to 5k while you shift?
Yes, hence the issue some people get when they shift a little sloppy and the engine stumbles at 5k rpm for a moment until they release the clutch all the way.

I only tracked the car once with the PP2 tune but I didn't trip the NLS once all day. The only time I had issues was when I was on the street and was shifting kind of slow merging onto freeways and such.

I didn't really care for that feature. Having a way to turn it off would make the Power Packs even better.

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Yes, hence the issue some people get when they shift a little sloppy and the engine stumbles at 5k rpm for a moment until they release the clutch all the way.

I only tracked the car once with the PP2 tune but I didn't trip the NLS once all day. The only time I had issues was when I was on the street and was shifting kind of slow merging onto freeways and such.

I didn't really care for that feature. Having a way to turn it off would make the Power Packs even better.
That makes sense now. It would only be an issue if you’re over 5k correct?

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Again, for people that have an issue constantly could unplugging the upper switch be a work around?

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Personally I think the NLS is more of a safety feature so that we don't blow our engines by power shifting. If it wasn't, there would be a way to turn it off... just my .02

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Again, for people that have an issue constantly could unplugging the upper switch be a work around?
If it's a N.C. switch, yes, potentially, but the computer would see impossible states when the top and bottom switches both indicate the presence of the pedal simultaneously.

If it's a N.O. switch you'd have to put a jumper in place of the switch.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
If it's a N.C. switch, yes, potentially, but the computer would see impossible states when the top and bottom switches both indicate the presence of the pedal simultaneously.

If it's a N.O. switch you'd have to put a jumper in place of the switch.
Correct. A paper clip in the plug would act as a jumper. It would be easy ebough to try. I guess selfishly I'm heasitant to get this due to the NLS issue. Perhaps it would be a problem for me but if I knew there was a work around then it would be worth the plunge.
Sponsored