Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Paint is so thin on our cars I swear a strong gust of wind takes out chips. At 800 miles I had mine clear bra'd...before doing so, my friend who did the clear bra had to touch up several small chips on the car in that short amount of time. And no, I don't follow people closely, in fact I'm pretty paranoid and don't come close to tailgating anyone at all.

A Ford Factory employee admitted and told me that the paint IS much softer than previous days due to regulations of hardeners in paint. They use a 3 stage wet primer wet base and wet clear all while wet they spray it on at one shot. Definately has gone down in quality and what causes the paint to be very soft.
Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Love the car but my driver side 3.5” speaker has blown TWICE. Ford has already replaced it both times under warranty. I bought a new set of quality speakers but haven’t installed them yet because even with a pry tool set the interior panels feel like they will shatter and are an absolute pain to remove!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Not a major gripe but I find the A10 trans is rather herky jerky when I am on or coming off the throttle especially if I come off it quickly. It definitely could use some refinement in that regard. Its better than when it was still in learning mode or maybe it determined I drive like an A$$hole and that's what it settled on LOL. I think with better tuning it could have been a lot smoother is all.

Sponsored

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT PP1
Not a major gripe but I find the A10 trans is rather herky jerky when I am on or coming off the throttle especially if I come off it quickly. It definitely could use some refinement in that regard. Its better than when it was still in learning mode or maybe it determined I drive like an A$$hole and that's what it settled on LOL. I think with better tuning it could have been a lot smoother is all.
A10s have a learning mode?

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
A word on the hood hinges; I had a friend who, let's say, was no threat to Albert Einstien. He worked at a gas station for a (short) while. If someone asked him to check the oil or whatever, and he had to pop the hood, if the car didn't have the hinges, but needed the rod to be set, he would rest the hood on his head and do whatever. True story. He later became a cop in a certain town on North Jersey.

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
needed the rod to be set, he would rest the hood on his head and do whatever.
I did the same when I was filling windshield washer fluid yesterday. That rod was so hot there was no way to touch it with bear hands. And I was to lazy to get cloth from the trunk.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I did the same when I was filling windshield washer fluid yesterday. That rod was so hot there was no way to touch it with bear hands. And I was to lazy to get cloth from the trunk.
Did you become a cop in Jersey City, by any chance? LOL!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If it's wet outside, my car drives like complete ass. I'm talking the engine and transmission are just complete shit. Sluggish. Clutch is overly stiff or mushy. Really weird.

Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not the worst thing, but I don't like how the spring-loaded thingies sticking out inside the cupholders aren't strong enough to keep a cup from tilting in the holder when taking a moderately aggressive turn.

Maybe Ford needs to develop an Active Cupholders system, that firms them up when cornering is detected! :like:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
The high beam indicator for the digital dash. I wish the little blue high beam indicator was located at the top of the screen not on the bottom left next to the fog light indicator.

It would be much nicer if it was at the top while driving so I don’t have to take more time looking for it near the bottom.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Speaking of dash placement, on the analog dash I wish the fuel gauge wasn't way down and to the right. That viewing angle makes it look like I'm further away from empty than I actually am. (So I gotta remember to hunch down and view it head-on to really see how close it is.)

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
The side mirrors don't tilt down when I shift into reverse.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The side mirrors don't tilt down when I shift into reverse.
FWIW I saw that an owner set one of the 3 memory settings to be the same as he drives with except the mirrors pointing down. He hits that button when he goes in reverse to park. Of course the car needs to have the memory options and it could cause problems with multiple drivers who have very different settings.
Sponsored