Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

loubear911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am HATING that I either have to use manual media change on the Sync 3 radio or use the voice activation. I had a F150 and instead of the middle button being the mute button, it was the media button where you could change between the 3 AM, 3 FM, 3 Sirus, and your phone media. Maybe I am doing this wrong, since I have only had the Mustang for 2 weeks, but it is pissing me off!!!
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I am HATING that I either have to use manual media change on the Sync 3 radio or use the voice activation. I had a F150 and instead of the middle button being the mute button, it was the media button where you could change between the 3 AM, 3 FM, 3 Sirus, and your phone media. Maybe I am doing this wrong, since I have only had the Mustang for 2 weeks, but it is pissing me off!!!
If I push the music note button on the bottom right of the steering wheel, I can scroll down the media titles in the center of my dash. Not sure if this is unique to the premium/electronic dash on not.

loubear911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I push the music note button on the bottom right of the steering wheel, I can scroll down the media titles in the center of my dash. Not sure if this is unique to the premium/electronic dash on not.
Well, I guess I have to check that out!!! Thank you very much Lacanteen for the info.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
On my car... (analog gauges and 301A package with nav) I have a 'M' button on the lower right steering wheel group and it steps through the inputs one at a time. I was driving one day and just noticed this mysterious M button.

Sponsored

loubear911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
On my car... (analog gauges and 301A package with nav) I have a 'M' button on the lower right steering wheel group and it steps through the inputs one at a time. I was driving one day and just noticed this mysterious M button.
Yeah, there use to be that M in the middle of the volume and scan left/right button, and now it is the mute button!!!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yeah, there use to be that M in the middle of the volume and scan left/right button, and now it is the mute button!!!
Interesting. I would say the layout makes more sense the old way.

loubear911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I would say the layout makes more sense the old way.
Yeah, I was liking the old layout better, but Lacanteen gave me an idea that may work also. Old guys don't like to learn new tricks...

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
My gripe is that FORD under tires the Mustang. I have a '15 GT Premium. It has 18" wheels/50 series tires. WTF.
I have an '06 Acura TL with 45 series tires. Six cyl. Camaros come with 20" wheels/ 35 series tires. Kia Souls come with 19-20" wheels. WTH.

I DON'T GET IT

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OK here are mine

1) My trunk lid was mis-aligned and cause a chip inside the fender lip for the truck lid. Very visible. The Ford service guys, who definitely have a tough job and do bug me said the fender would have to be completely repainted at some offsite auto body shop. That sounded like a can of worms and I didn't want any clowns messing with my car and my $500 paint option
I fixed the paint myself and realigned the trunk lid myself in about 30minutes.
2) The Driving mode doesn't stick and needs to be reset every time.
3) The oil dipstick placement with the GT Premium bar in the engine compartment is pretty stupid
4) While the hood rod doesn't really bother me, it does get f-ing hot and you better be ready of you touch it after driving
5) The factory brake pads for the brembos and the rear brakes throw way too much brake dust and the wheels are dirty after literally one drive
6) Fuel ratings are a joke. I am getting 12mi/gal. I didn't buy this car for gas mileage

That said, it is all like 1% for me. I love everything else.
Wicked glad I got the option package I did and the manual transmission. I love it. My options are the Active Exhaust, Magna Ride, and 401A premium package. I love the digital instrument cluster

Sponsored

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Alberto...Beautiful car.

Regarding....
#3)..The strut tower brace should be redesigned for better dipstick access,
#4)..A car in this price range "SHOULD NOT" have a hood prop rod. One of the first things I did was install gas struts.

I agree. I love 99.9% of the car.

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Alberto...Beautiful car.
Thanks Bro. One of the strange reasons the hood rod doesn't bother me, is I had a '98 Cobra for 20years, and that had a hood rod- so I guess I'm semi used to it

Are the Gas struts hard to install? I have replaced them out on my H3hummer and it was cake

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My gripe is that FORD under tires the Mustang. I have a '15 GT Premium. It has 18" wheels/50 series tires. WTF.
I have an '06 Acura TL with 45 series tires. Six cyl. Camaros come with 20" wheels/ 35 series tires. Kia Souls come with 19-20" wheels. WTH.

I DON'T GET IT
Should have gotten the PP1 car. A non PP car is meant as a pure Grand Tourer, to be comfortable and quiet, not a track monster.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
#4)..A car in this price range "SHOULD NOT" have a hood prop rod. One of the first things I did was install gas struts.
It's funny, I see cars that cost 10 times as much with a prop rod and no one complains.

Just watched a video on the Lexus LFA that comes with one...albeit carbon fiber.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I hate the seats. The lumbar support is way too high and there is a gap between mid-back and hamstrings. I had to make a custom foam roll for the gap to support my tailbone.

+1 on every Prius / WRX / Honda sniffing around, seriously just let it go dudes.
Sponsored