NEW 2017 GT350 vs 2019 GT350

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Tjey were easy to install. Used a Q tip to clean with alcohol first. Just take your time aligning them.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
We don't know if the oil consumption was addressed....
I have a 19K R Engine in my car. There were different things added to address different issues. There is a article about it, and I think the 19 voodoo change goes over some of it.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
If you are planning it to be a DD, carefully think over the seats. The Recaros are very track worthy, but the premium leather trimmed offer more comfort, have heating and ventilation, power adjustment and memory settings (verify the Tech Pkg). Also the magnaride re-calibration on the 19 supposedly improves both track performance and street ride. Ask to drive both, but consider those seats as a DD factor. There are some other comfort features with the 19, Teck Pkg such as Homelink, in car hotspot, updated Sync3. For the price you quote, it may not have tech pck, carbon fiber dash, handlink pkg or car cover? Chech those details.
Yes but, these are the most comfortable seats in a long drive (18 hours) ever.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Awesome! With that, you can see this:
0457.JPG

Your Blend Date was 02/27, Your Production Date was 02/28, It was Shipped on 04/02, and the Final Delivered status means it's at the dealer.

So, full disclosure because we're all friends on here, it probably sat outside in an open lot from 02/28 to 04/02 (might have been exposed to some very harsh Michigan weather). Another question I would ask the dealer, and they should know if they track their inbound cars, if my car shipped on 04/02 from FRAP and it just got here, where has it been for the last 16 weeks? Some of them have been sitting in railroad distribution centers waiting for shifter repairs. Or, who knows, maybe your dealer has had it stored somewhere safe while they tried to move that 2017. You'll only know if you ask.

Here is a GT350 owner who describes what her car looked like when delivered after exposure to that polar vortex: https://www.gt350.org/forum/40-must...econd-try-i-think-i-might-done.html#post54540

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
Also, your window sticker says “MI” for Michigan at the top and was shipped via road (truck/convoy). You say your dealer is 4 hours away from Tulsa. Since the car was shipped on 4/2 to Michigan, how did he just get it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
IronSooner

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Awesome! With that, you can see this:
0457.JPG

Your Blend Date was 02/27, Your Production Date was 02/28, It was Shipped on 04/02, and the Final Delivered status means it's at the dealer.

So, full disclosure because we're all friends on here, it probably sat outside in an open lot from 02/28 to 04/02 (might have been exposed to some very harsh Michigan weather). Another question I would ask the dealer, and they should know if they track their inbound cars, if my car shipped on 04/02 from FRAP and it just got here, where has it been for the last 16 weeks? Some of them have been sitting in railroad distribution centers waiting for shifter repairs. Or, who knows, maybe your dealer has had it stored somewhere safe while they tried to move that 2017. You'll only know if you ask.

Here is a GT350 owner who describes what her car looked like when delivered after exposure to that polar vortex: https://www.gt350.org/forum/40-must...econd-try-i-think-i-might-done.html#post54540
Wow! Thank you so much for all of that information. Its killer, the amount of info you can get on these cars if you know what you're doing. Can you share the link you got this from, so I can save it in my GT350 file? I will also ask the dealer today about shipment. I really hope its fine, but will definately give a good once over when I get there. Its just gonna be so hard to leave it once I've driven all that way to get it, so if I see something and think its relatively inexensive to fix (or better yet, get them to call my local dealer and arrange to have them fix it when I get home) I will still buy it. Thanks again for that great background info!

Also, your window sticker says “MI” for Michigan at the top and was shipped via road (truck/convoy). You say your dealer is 4 hours away from Tulsa. Since the car was shipped on 4/2 to Michigan, how did he just get it?
I am honestly not sure how long this dealer has had it. I asked the sales guy to confirm it was a KA code yesterday. He said he would, then I didnt hear anything. Its possible he just got busy, idk. But I will ask him again today. From what you know, does it look like its been at the dealer for a while? I prob wont trust what the dealer/SALESman tells me; you guys seems to know more based on the info Ford provides, so I'd like your thoughts. Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Thought I should add that the car has 34 miles, so I dont believe anyone's been driving it if it has been at the dealer for 4 months. In the ad, the car is sitting in the showroom based on the pictures. I will post the ad for the 2019 and the 2017 in a couple of hours, once I get home, so people can take a look.

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Thank you so much for all of that information. Its killer, the amount of info you can get on these cars if you know what you're doing. Can you share the link you got this from, so I can save it in my GT350 file? I will also ask the dealer today about shipment. I really hope its fine, but will definately give a good once over when I get there. Its just gonna be so hard to leave it once I've driven all that way to get it, so if I see something and think its relatively inexensive to fix (or better yet, get them to call my local dealer and arrange to have them fix it when I get home) I will still buy it. Thanks again for that great background info!

I am honestly not sure how long this dealer has had it. I asked the sales guy to confirm it was a KA code yesterday. He said he would, then I didnt hear anything. Its possible he just got busy, idk. But I will ask him again today. From what you know, does it look like its been at the dealer for a while? I prob wont trust what the dealer/SALESman tells me; you guys seems to know more based on the info Ford provides, so I'd like your thoughts. Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Thought I should add that the car has 34 miles, so I dont believe anyone's been driving it if it has been at the dealer for 4 months. In the ad, the car is sitting in the showroom based on the pictures. I will post the ad for the 2019 and the 2017 in a couple of hours, once I get home, so people can take a look.
34 miles? Someone drove it. New cars should not have over a few miles (4-10) from factory.

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®

upload_2019-7-26_7-42-52.png

According to this it was delivered to Gorno Ford in Woodhaven, MI on 4/2 by a truck. How did it get to AR?

And as the previous posters said 34 miles is a lot. Possibly test drives or during the transport from MI to AR.

OP
OP
IronSooner

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Just got off the phone with the saleman and got more information:

1) The sales guy said he's on the GT350 forum, so he may be reading this thread (not a big deal for me, but thought I'd mention it)
2) He said the car was originally at another dealership. He said they couldnt get any in quick enough, so they bought it from another dealer. They just got a second one in, white with black stripes. He did confirm that one I am interested in is MINT. So, I dont expect any issues.
3) He is putting it on the lift right now, and is checking to ensure its a KA car and not a left over 2018 motor.
4) He says he put all the miles on it, driving it to get fuel. He said he hasnt driven it over 2500 RPM due to the break in period. On the mileage, my 2018 Grand Cherokee had just over 100 miles on it when I bought it, and I havent had one issue with it in 18 months, and plan to keep it until at least 95K miles. I know its not a high performance car, but 34 miles doesnt really bother me too much.

Ads for the cars:

2017: https://www.harlanmotor.com/Vehicle...-Shelby_GT350_Fastback-Okmulgee-OK/3223298443

2019: https://www.crainfordoflittlerock.n...elby_GT350_Fastback-Little_Rock-AR/3469852513

EDIT: He just sent a picture confirming it was a KA car. Super stoked!

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Everyone wants a car with 4 miles on it that nobody fanted in. Sometime that just does not work out. Mine had 30 something on it. Was I happy about that? NO but was it a deal breaker? hell no. My car is flawless. Sometimes when you find the car with the color of your dreams and spec at the price you can live with it's the car for you. Good luck tomorrow.

OP
OP
IronSooner

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Everyone wants a car with 4 miles on it that nobody fanted in. Sometime that just does not work out. Mine had 30 something on it. Was I happy about that? NO but was it a deal breaker? hell no. My car is flawless. Sometimes when you find the car with the color of your dreams and spec at the price you can live with it's the car for you. Good luck tomorrow.
For sure buddy, totally agree. I wish it had 4 miles on it, but I'm buying it anyway. Its still new in my book, and I couldnt be more excited to go get this thing, drive it home (time to research breaking it in on the highway, I guess), then put that bad boy in my garage!! Its going to be my new prized posession! I can not wait....

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Next year let's see if you can get all 4 wheels off the ground on the crest of that rise between turns 1 and 2 at Hallett during Mid America Shelby Meet.

OP
OP
IronSooner

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Next year let's see if you can get all 4 wheels off the ground on the crest of that rise between turns 1 and 2 at Hallett during Mid America Shelby Meet.
Whaaat?? Are you from around here?? I have done MANY a MLD on sport bikes and even sport touring bikes at Hallett. Connie is great people. But, I've never driven a car around it. And, wheels off the ground before you hit the bus stop in T2?? Boy, thats ballsy, but this thing has mammoth Brembo's, right? Should be good! :whew:

Also, you're SN keeps throwing me off, bc "orangepower" for OSU is such a big thing in these parts...I have to keep re-reading it to see orangeGrower. lol

Btw, the Shelby meet at the Mariott is always one of my fave car shows of the year (Starbird is killer too). They do burnouts over by the trashcans on the east side of the building on Friday nights, and its so awesome....

EDIT: Just realized I was thinking CCW for T2 Bus Stop. CW, I love chirping the back breaks coming into that left hand turn downhill. I've been into the grass there more than once...:cwl:

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
16463047_10211217888437496_3726506180634652248_o.jpg
This is me at Hallett in 1994. I have been friends with Jim Wicks who runs the Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa for 25 years. Great guy and even better event. Maybe I will come out next year.
Sponsored