NEW 2017 GT350 vs 2019 GT350

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
It looks like the blend date is 2/27 which is within a few days of the build date.
Sponsored

Yerfdog13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350 K0164
IronSooner, we have exact duplicate cars, even down to the car cover.

My car was built 2/13/19. I have no clue if my car was built before or after shifter issues, but if it helps ease your anxiety, mine was built a couple weeks before yours, and so far shifter has been flawless.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
IronSooner

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

My car was built 2/13/19. I have no clue if my car was built before or after shifter issues, but if it helps ease your anxiety, mine was built a couple weeks before yours, and so far shifter has been flawless.
Awesome! That does make me feel better. Do you have the R engine by chance? If our cars are duplicates, I may have it as well. I'll try to get the sales guy to check it today to make sure.

Yerfdog13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350 K0164
Awesome! That does make me feel better. Do you have the R engine by chance? If our cars are duplicates, I may have it as well. I'll try to get the sales guy to check it today to make sure.
I have not checked mine personally, but there is a thread on here somewhere, where someone has an earlier build date and chassis number than me and he has the new engine so I assume that all MY19 would have it.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
That car is almost loaded. It does not include the Handling Package ($850) ...a dealer add on. So that price is still quite good. FYI, the shifter issue has not been recalled, so other than those identified at the factory, there is no guarantee of a replacement at this point, unless you have a failure (which would be a warranty replacement). Not all owners have experienced this so we do not know yet if all shifters must be replaced. If that is determined, a recall will result. Now availability of replacements....that is another story.

OP
OP
IronSooner

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have not checked mine personally, but there is a thread on here somewhere, where someone has an earlier build date and chassis number than me and he has the new engine so I assume that all MY19 would have it.
Excellent. We should be good then.

That car is almost loaded. It does not include the Handling Package ($850) ...a dealer add on. So that price is still quite good. FYI, the shifter issue has not been recalled, so other than those identified at the factory, there is no guarantee of a replacement at this point, unless you have a failure (which would be a warranty replacement). Not all owners have experienced this so we do not know yet if all shifters must be replaced. If that is determined, a recall will result. Now availability of replacements....that is another story.
Looking online, the handling package just includes the camber plates and gurney flap? Those seem like things you could probably buy separately and install yourself? That seems manageable, once people start selling the ones off their, or other wrecked cars. I do want to track this car at Hallet Motor Racing Circuit, where I've ridden motorcycles at but never cars. The camber plates might be nice there, but as a DD its probably overkill. I doubt I'll ever go fast enough for the gurney flap to have a functional use (but I still might buy one....lol). It is good to hear this one is pretty loaded, making the $61,500 seem like an even better deal.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Excellent. We should be good then.

Looking online, the handling package just includes the camber plates and gurney flap? Those seem like things you could probably buy separately and install yourself? That seems manageable, once people start selling the ones off their, or other wrecked cars. I do want to track this car at Hallet Motor Racing Circuit, where I've ridden motorcycles at but never cars. The camber plates might be nice there, but as a DD its probably overkill. I doubt I'll ever go fast enough for the gurney flap to have a functional use (but I still might buy one....lol). It is good to hear this one is pretty loaded, making the $61,500 seem like an even better deal.

You are correct. My Gurney flap is stowed away should I sell the car. I requested the dealer not install it. The camber plates need to be installed and alignment made to leverage the adjustabilty for an improved track experience.. Both components (flap and plates) are moot for DD. They come into play to eek out camber adjustment and aero downforce for optimum track results. And depending on your skill on the track, it could be moot for the novice on the track. It is 'nice to have' should you want to optimize your track experience. Serious track enthusiasts may insist on them, and as you point out they can be applied later. (I have the install instructions the dealer left in my trunk - if anyone is interested) Since my GT350 was packaged with them, I wanted the parts, should I sell it to an enthusiast, but not needed for my Garage Queen. And for now, no one will entice me out of this car - I retain a death grip on the key fob.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Early reports are very promising. Nodonut and others reported having over 2000 miles on his with zero oil consumption. I am going on a road trip to the NorCal Shelby MiniNats in early August and will have over 3000 miles on mine when I return and will report back. The updates that have been made to the early inferior piston and ring package are certainly a step in the right direction. Time will tell.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IronSooner

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
You are correct. My Gurney flap is stowed away should I sell the car. I requested the dealer not install it. The camber plates need to be installed and alignment made to leverage the adjustabilty for an improved track experience.. Both components (flap and plates) are moot for DD. They come into play to eek out camber adjustment and aero downforce for optimum track results. And depending on your skill on the track, it could be moot for the novice on the track. It is 'nice to have' should you want to optimize your track experience. Serious track enthusiasts may insist on them, and as you point out they can be applied later. (I have the install instructions the dealer left in my trunk - if anyone is interested) Since my GT350 was packaged with them, I wanted the parts, should I sell it to an enthusiast, but not needed for my Garage Queen. And for now, no one will entice me out of this car - I retain a death grip on the key fob.
Glad to hear you're loving it! Can't wait to have one of my own.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
[QUOTE="IronSooner, post: 2613222, member: 43540

Oh nice. I didnt realize the pre-19's didnt have a garage door opener. That's a must. I'm gonna ask the sales person today to give me the build date and ensure the shifter issue's been fixed. [/QUOTE]

Not true. My ‘17 came with Homelink.

OP
OP
IronSooner

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
[QUOTE="IronSooner, post: 2613222, member: 43540

Oh nice. I didnt realize the pre-19's didnt have a garage door opener. That's a must. I'm gonna ask the sales person today to give me the build date and ensure the shifter issue's been fixed.
Not true. My ‘17 came with Homelink.[/QUOTE]
Excellent. This is supposed to be a track ready car. Do they not know how much these garage door openers weigh?!? Whats next, no back seats?? :crackup:

Serously though, a garage door opener is a must...esp for those of us who combined a couple of toy money buckets to get it and have to DD it to own it. :thumbsup:

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Another duplicate car here. No shifter issues so far. Car has been flawless. Mine was built on Feb 19th, K0215.
20190709_093939.jpg

OP
OP
IronSooner

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Another duplicate car here. No shifter issues so far. Car has been flawless. Mine was built on Feb 19th, K0215.
20190709_093939.jpg
Beautiful.

How hard were those Shelby white fill letters to install? I think thats a must do....looks great!
Sponsored