Why the delay in 2019 GT350 arrivals?

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
So I still don't have a vehicle yet, and have no ETA when it will be shipped to the dealer. I've been trying to get a hold of my sales rep all week but I think he's avoiding me because he has no new information for me and has no idea why it's taking so long to get from the rail yard parking lot to the dealership. I found the exact same one at a different dealership 45 minutes away. Question is, do I try and have my dealership get that car or should I just continue to wait for my unicorn that was "special ordered"? The hassle for me is that all the stuff I've received so far from Ford is aligned to the VIN for the vehicle that's sitting at the rail yard parking lot. Am I just asking for trouble if I try to swap vehicles? Thoughts?
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
If you can get hold of the zone rep., have him "hot tag" the car (if he hasn't already). That's supposed to give the car priority delivery to the dealership after it's been released for shipment. Just a thought.

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
If you can get hold of the zone rep., have him "hot tag" the car (if he hasn't already). That's supposed to give the car priority delivery to the dealership after it's been released for shipment. Just a thought.
Thanks, when the sales rep called me two weeks ago to tell me it's no longer on hold, they said it was hot tagged. Guess their definition of priority is different than mine.

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Just wrap them like Audi's and Aston's and others.

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Hey, just checking in to see if anyone has heard any positive news about their vehicles or if things are status quo? My sales rep forwarded me an e-mail saying the "Quality hold was lifted on July 11, 2019 and I'm sure your vehicle will be scheduled soon." (scheduled meaning delivered soon). It's also been marked hot, which I already thought it was, but as stated not sure what the means in Ford terms. That's all I've got.

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Was told mine would be released last week, but have not been informed of it leaving the transfer site.

Pinged the district rep on Friday inquiring about status and have received no response.

They actually called me last Monday with the news it was leaving, which was a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately the light hasn’t shown up at my dealer

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I ordered mine at the end of April & it is reported to be built next week... we'll see!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
A week ago mine was slipped again from the date that it had been set to for the latest month & a half (wed 24th). Now it is supposedly being a built Tuesday the 30th next week. ETA of course slipped too. Ford Perf.claimed to not have any record of the earlier build dates (like I'm going to make this sh** up? or don't take notes? Not a chance).

Went to Track Attack last week - met one guy who was smart enough to keep his daily driver MY17 while waiting forever for his MY19 to be delivered (overdue by weeks & sitting in a rail-yard). Other than him and me everyone else was a MY18 or MY17 owner - no MY19 owners present because of course the slots all filled before any of us got MY19's and then could be considered owners (I was a "driving guest" of my brother in law).

So....while I'd like to think the dates are meaningful they seem to get moved or ignored often enough to not count on them. If I see mine in Sept before it starts gets cold I'll at least be happy the endless waiting is over (my current order that I took over was placed in Jan by a mid-west dealership). Maybe I can put on some miles before it gets packed away for next year <sigh> Meanwhile Ford Performance 2020 models are already rolling into dealerships (I checked out an MY20 Explorer ST yesterday).

Sponsored

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
A week ago mine was slipped again from the date that it had been set to for the latest month & a half (wed 24th). Now it is supposedly being a built Tuesday the 30th next week. ETA of course slipped too. Ford Perf.claimed to not have any record of the earlier build dates (like I'm going to make this sh** up? or don't take notes? Not a chance).

Went to Track Attack last week - met one guy who was smart enough to keep his daily driver MY17 while waiting forever for his MY19 to be delivered (overdue by weeks & sitting in a rail-yard). Other than him and me everyone else was a MY18 or MY17 owner - no MY19 owners present because of course the slots all filled before any of us got MY19's and then could be considered owners (I was a "driving guest" of my brother in law).

So....while I'd like to think the dates are meaningful they seem to get moved or ignored often enough to not count on them. If I see mine in Sept before it starts gets cold I'll at least be happy the endless waiting is over (my current order that I took over was placed in Jan by a mid-west dealership). Maybe I can put on some miles before it gets packed away for next year <sigh> Meanwhile Ford Performance 2020 models are already rolling into dealerships (I checked out an MY20 Explorer ST yesterday).

Bill,

We have to catch up on how things went last week. Hope you had fun and got something out of it. Mine is still holding with Build to Day Date of 8/6 and an ETA of 9/1/19. I am thinking with the way things went throughout this ordeal, I won't have the car for the Labor Day Weekend, but I can't lose hope. Time will tell. I still think we will be on the same truck!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Bill,

We have to catch up on how things went last week. Hope you had fun and got something out of it. Mine is still holding with Build to Day Date of 8/6 and an ETA of 9/1/19. I am thinking with the way things went throughout this ordeal, I won't have the car for the Labor Day Weekend, but I can't lose hope. Time will tell. I still think we will be on the same truck!
Hi Mark, It would be cool to know your ws is available too...we're getting down to the end of the MY19 run. I have to say finally getting my window sticker this morning has boosted my morale though I know it's not any real assurance of jack squat. Happy to see my options correct and that MA is the delivery state given I'm ordering from a dealer 1300 miles away. My Blend date is next Monday the 29th - build day is supposed to be Tuesday the 30th and delivery ETA 28 days later. Next time I talk to my dealer (its been a month at least) I'll ask about whatever they call their delivery expedite/priority designation.

Sharing a resource I found on Ford Performance ordered window sticker decoding (it probably applies to any Ford):
https://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/4248-window-sticker-guide-how-read.html

p.s. the Trackmymustang.com site now says:
Primary Status: In Production
Car Status: Sent to Plant
Step 2/4
Next Status: Awaiting Shipment
So, either they are ahead by a week (back to my original date) or they are using old information & assumptions it was still true. I bet the later.

Called Ford Perf about what those status details mean - they said:
"that status means that the car is being built and the plants systems have said "yup, we have the correct data and the robots are building it as we speak"
I asked if the build date is more of a build by date or if it got moved up....basically wanting to know if literally its being built now rather than just in the queue and I got:
"No, it is being built now. The ETA to your dealer is 8/21-27"
Ok then....that works for me.

Last edited:

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The light at the end of the tunnel has come. It’s here!!!!!!! I got the call from my rep on Saturday that it arrived at the dealership. I went over on Sunday to give her a good look over to make sure everything was in order and do the paperwork. I’ll be picking it up on Wednesday and couldn’t be more excited. I think the saying is, “It feels like Christmas in July!” I never got a straight answer on what the hell the hold up was, but it’s over now, and that’s all I care about.

This is my first sports car, so I’m curious to know if people tend to get those extended warranties through Ford or if most forgo it? I don’t plan using it on the track, more for just cruising, but didn’t know if with all the technology and having a performance vehicle those extended warranties are actually beneficial? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Thanks for the support during this ordeal. I felt the need to provide an update for those interested, and give hope to those still waiting.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
The light at the end of the tunnel has come. It’s here!!!!!!! I got the call from my rep on Saturday that it arrived at the dealership. I went over on Sunday to give her a good look over to make sure everything was in order and do the paperwork. I’ll be picking it up on Wednesday and couldn’t be more excited. I think the saying is, “It feels like Christmas in July!” I never got a straight answer on what the hell the hold up was, but it’s over now, and that’s all I care about.

This is my first sports car, so I’m curious to know if people tend to get those extended warranties through Ford or if most forgo it? I don’t plan using it on the track, more for just cruising, but didn’t know if with all the technology and having a performance vehicle those extended warranties are actually beneficial? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Thanks for the support during this ordeal. I felt the need to provide an update for those interested, and give hope to those still waiting.

Scott, best of luck. Just in my own opinion, I have never purchased an extended plan. Just as an FYI, don't let anyone pressure you into buying it. You can always add it on down the road once you get a taste of the car's dependability and history. Good Luck. Can't wait to see a photo or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Scott, best of luck. Just in my own opinion, I have never purchased an extended plan. Just as an FYI, don't let anyone pressure you into buying it. You can always add it on down the road once you get a taste of the car's dependability and history. Good Luck. Can't wait to see a photo or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the feedback, good to know. Here's a picture of it at the dealership. Still needs to be cleaned and finished, but looking pretty good.

View media item 15583
Sponsored